GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
This has probably been mentioned before but, do you reckon they would ever soundtrack a NFBoC film?

Sherbet Head
...I feel a cool breeze hit my face, so I listen and hear silence.
Scott

Eagle Minded
My Resent Speculation:

The Album is called New Clear Dawn
The Cover is white (like the sun)
The Music sounds like Seven Forty Seven and the Good Friday Remix.
The Themes are the Apocalypse, Illuminates/Government Conspiracies, Pollution, War, and the resurrection of Jesus.
Also, unlike their previous albums which are about the past, this album is about the future (probably seen from the past)

And as a Bonus: They go on a Worldwide Tour with Bibio.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Dayvan Cowboy
rick7487 wrote:My Resent Speculation:

The Album is called New Clear Dawn
The Cover is white (like the sun)
The Music sounds like Seven Forty Seven and the Good Friday Remix.
The Themes are the Apocalypse, Illuminates/Government Conspiracies, Pollution, War, and the resurrection of Jesus.
Also, unlike their previous albums which are about the past, this album is about the future (probably seen from the past)

And as a Bonus: They go on a Worldwide Tour with Bibio.

the world is sad enough without having BoC remind me about it...I want BoC to be escapist music :(
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Happy Cycler
They did once say something to the effect that they didn't want to get too wrapped up in world events - it was regarding Twoism (the EP) and how they said at the time they were absorbed with what was going on in Waco and seemed to indicate they wanted to stay away from doing that in their music. So it would be an interesting turn if they decided they did after all want to comment on relevant world events - which is what I would consider them as doing if they created an album following the apocalyptic theme, given how insane everyone is about such doom prophecy these days.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
If they were to create an album that comments to some extent on current events I think that would be disatrous. By expressing such oppinions within their music they would alienate lots of their listeners. That kind of concept would only please people with simmilar views, and anger everyone else to the detriment of their music. I cant stand watching the news or reading about these events because of the blatant bias and witch hunting they shove in my face with every article. I would hate for my favourite band to do the same.

Im confident they will stick with their current aproach, weaving metafores and generalisations into the tapestry of their songs. After all, almost all of the supposed myth surrounding them stems from this, and its all based only on the ideas of the listeners.

Dayvan Cowboy
MrMessiah wrote:Why stop at 2 discs in a dream? Howabout a 6-Disc "Hex box" containing the double disc new album, 3 discs of remastered pre-MHTRTC tracks and one DVD with interview / featurette material on their musical process, the DC video, new videos for some of their other stuff made by various artists and a full cover booklet with artwork.

And, when you take the bottom out of the case there's a loop of tape running around the inside of the box that if you feed into a reel to reel tape player, plays a previously unheard tune with flutes, electronic noises and a backmasked voice saying "We Love You All".

And, a pony.

it's called a bocset. get it right.
:)

Eagle Minded
Pantheon wrote:If they were to create an album that comments to some extent on current events I think that would be disatrous. By expressing such oppinions within their music they would alienate lots of their listeners. That kind of concept would only please people with simmilar views, and anger everyone else to the detriment of their music. I cant stand watching the news or reading about these events because of the blatant bias and witch hunting they shove in my face with every article. I would hate for my favourite band to do the same.

Im confident they will stick with their current aproach, weaving metafores and generalisations into the tapestry of their songs. After all, almost all of the supposed myth surrounding them stems from this, and its all based only on the ideas of the listeners.

I agree with you on the point of not wanting BoC to make a political album. But I think the style and themes of this new album is going to be far different than their previous albums. I remember an interview that said (in so many words) that BoC wanted to stay ahead of the curve of expectation (in regards to TCH) and I believe they'll do the same with this new album.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Friendly Stranger
I have heard from a friend that the new album is actually complete, but they're settling licensing issues with some of the samples. I don't know where he read that, but it seems as plausible as anything else. Let's just hope the product is genuine cool. ^_^

Sherbet Head
Off Janeva wrote:I have heard from a friend that the new album is actually complete, but they're settling licensing issues with some of the samples. I don't know where he read that, but it seems as plausible as anything else. Let's just hope the product is genuine cool. ^_^

I wouldn't doubt the album being done already. And sampling issues is believable. Lets hope its settled soon!
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Dayvan Cowboy
Off Janeva wrote:I have heard from a friend that the new album is actually complete, but they're settling licensing issues with some of the samples. I don't know where he read that, but it seems as plausible as anything else. Let's just hope the product is genuine cool. ^_^

He probably read that on this forum ^^
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
Ya never know. It's taken Avalanches a long, long time to clear samples for the elusive second album.

The website just had an update.....

.....don't get too excited though.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
I dunno, that's pretty exciting. Not in a OMG HERE IT COMES! way, but like... hey, they added content to the webpage. They admitted they have a Youtube account, and there's a player there now. It's something!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I got when that little Warp screen popped up in the News section. I also can't even attempt to hint at the level of disappointment I experienced nano-seconds later when I realised what it was. Meh.

Slow down...

thanks for the heads up... at least it's something!

Happy Cycler
Figure 1 wrote:
Fig1.a wrote:I dunno, that's pretty exciting. Not in a OMG HERE IT COMES! way, but like... hey, they added content to the webpage. They admitted they have a Youtube account, and there's a player there now. It's something!

Fig1.b wrote:I can't even begin to tell you how excited I got when that little Warp screen popped up in the News section. I also can't even attempt to hint at the level of disappointment I experienced nano-seconds later when I realised what it was. Meh.

Figure 1 illustrates the difference between emotional outcomes in subjects with reasonable expectations (Fig1.a) and in subjects with inflated expectations (Fig1.b). Note how the second respondent has chewed fingernails, frayed hair and mange-like baldness in its pelt. Also note the vibrant, rich sheen in the coat of Fig1.a and its healthy, alert eyes.

:wink:

turquoise70 wrote:
Figure 1 wrote:
Fig1.a wrote:I dunno, that's pretty exciting. Not in a OMG HERE IT COMES! way, but like... hey, they added content to the webpage. They admitted they have a Youtube account, and there's a player there now. It's something!

Fig1.b wrote:I can't even begin to tell you how excited I got when that little Warp screen popped up in the News section. I also can't even attempt to hint at the level of disappointment I experienced nano-seconds later when I realised what it was. Meh.

Figure 1 illustrates the difference between emotional outcomes in subjects with reasonable expectations (Fig1.a) and in subjects with inflated expectations (Fig1.b). Note how the second respondent has chewed fingernails, frayed hair and mange-like baldness in its pelt. Also note the vibrant, rich sheen in the coat of Fig1.a and its healthy, alert eyes.

:wink:

Lol. Hey, by BOC-junkie standards I consider myself fairly well adjusted. Anyway, you leave my mange-like baldness out of this. That's nothing to do with BOC, I assure you. :?

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
lol :lol: only joking though man, really i can see being disappointed by this very easily when given just a moment to react and the first thing you naturally think of is "update on the boc site??" because it never ever happens.

Posts Quantity
------
Last edited by SonicDimension on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada