GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I was being facetious with my joke about the Warp intern. Only the powers that be know who truly controls that twitter. The rest of us are merely guessing.

I do think the likes are done in two week increments and are probably done to placate us. They used to hype me up, especially last year with the major liking sprees, but now I think they're quite common place. Here's hoping the BOC twitter dog learns some new tricks ;)

And that said, I do agree about the numerology. i really hope BOC address it if they do another interview. The specter of the TH release party looms over the community and affected the way we've been guessing over these years. BOC tend to pop myths in their interviews, like the one about Geogaddi having more sinister qualities than it actually did. They might reflect on this period of numerology too.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I do think the likes are done in two week increments and are probably done to placate us. They used to hype me up, especially last year with the major liking sprees, but now I think they're quite common place. Here's hoping the BOC twitter dog learns some new tricks ;)

The fact that they're trying to placate us means they're still around and want to keep us interested, though. So that's not a bad thing.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Echelon wrote:I do think the likes are done in two week increments and are probably done to placate us. They used to hype me up, especially last year with the major liking sprees, but now I think they're quite common place. Here's hoping the BOC twitter dog learns some new tricks ;)

The fact that they're trying to placate us means they're still around and want to keep us interested, though. So that's not a bad thing.

That's actually a better way to look at it. Thanks. :D

Guess I got jaded for a bit haha

Perhaps they like stuff after they've finished another portion of their work. Could be their way of telling us: "we've done another chapter in our latest work."

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

That's actually a better way to look at it. Thanks. :D

Guess I got jaded for a bit haha

Perhaps they like stuff after they've finished another portion of their work. Could be their way of telling us: "we've done another chapter in our latest work."

Seems like a lot of chapters they've been working on then. What could possibly be this large? Perhaps a...... BOCSET :D :wink:
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:Seems like a lot of chapters they've been working on then. What could possibly be this large? Perhaps a...... BOCSET :D :wink:

Haha, nice conclusion, and to that, I offer this:

MDG: The band has been working through these archives for the past two years or so - whenever they've been free, in an effort to place the work into 'chapters'. But it's a huge time-consuming job in itself just to archive it properly and clean it up. (The analogue cassette archive alone took a year or so to work through). It seems there's a good chance that some of the older work (and the side-project work) will now get a release in some form, maybe in installments. The plans for this are still being thrashed out, although it's always a low-priority issue as obviously the upcoming album is the main thing everyone is concentrating on right now.

Dayvan Cowboy
Double posting to mention: One of the tweets to the BOC twitter asks if there's a new BOC album on the way and it was liked.

Should we truly believe it's "on the way" or is this another sit tight incident? :lol:

Boqurant
Every once in awhile I check this thread to see if there's any updates.

Something tells me we're getting a new BoC sooner than later. Maybe they'll pull a Taylor Swift and announce the same day of its release.

I'm hoping for this year. The world needs BoC more than ever now.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote:Double posting to mention: One of the tweets to the BOC twitter asks if there's a new BOC album on the way and it was liked.

Should we truly believe it's "on the way" or is this another sit tight incident? :lol:

phpBB [media]
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Boqurant
There’s definitely something on the way, but I’m just beyond the point of holding my breath. I kind of refuse to play these games when they’re just sitting on music...I respect their process, but I’m not going to drive myself insane about it. Their music does simply remain the most important music to me, nonetheless. It approaches the rare point of transcending the medium, which is something we haven’t seen historically in a long time. The work itself is almost secondary, just a piece of the puzzle to the entire philosophy. I appreciate them, but I’ll be waiting patiently. I feel like, regardless of what gets released, I’ll understand it before I even hear it.

Eagle Minded
New retweet and four new likes just now.

Dayvan Cowboy
One of the Tweets liked by them links to this really interesting blog post discussing BoC's influence on the Hauntology cultural movement. I'd always wondered how aware of the academic discourse around Hauntology and judging by this, the answer is very.

https://ayearinthecountry.co.uk/boards- ... ngs-11-52/

Dayvan Cowboy
bocbocbocboc wrote:I'm hoping for this year. The world needs BoC more than ever now.

I think so many people are weary (including myself) from everything that's gone on. IMO, BOC would be the perfect balm for that.

I know it's merely music, but like it was mentioned by Northern Plastics, there is a level of depth in BOC's work that is missing in most modern music. I really want to hear what they've got to tell us next. Hopefully soon :)

Eagle Minded
I had a dream today where boc released a new album out of the blue. The cover was a weird blue and pink gradient with "boards of canada" written in white on top and the warp logo on the bottom. The music didn't sound like them at all. It sounded like a bad ripoff of SAW 85-92 with some weird metallic sounds added on top. I didn't like it!

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:I had a dream today where boc released a new album out of the blue. The cover was a weird blue and pink gradient with "boards of canada" written in white on top and the warp logo on the bottom. The music didn't sound like them at all. It sounded like a bad ripoff of SAW 85-92 with some weird metallic sounds added on top. I didn't like it!

Makes me think of the Freescha album I bought recently. (The psychedellic color gradiant with a logo and the music which is kind of like BOC combined with SAW.) Wasn't bad, but it didn't blow my mind either.

Btw, also posting to ask, does anyone with a twitter know if there's any particularly juicy likes this time around? :wink:

Eagle Minded
The MHTRTC catalogue update I think is a sign that they're revving up for a release soon. And yea as mentioned above, I'm still expecting a surprise release, like same day announcement or something similar

Dayvan Cowboy
Freescha is awesome

Sherbet Head

Sherbet Head

Sherbet Head
Oh cool!
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:The MHTRTC catalogue update I think is a sign that they're revving up for a release soon. And yea as mentioned above, I'm still expecting a surprise release, like same day announcement or something similar

The ultimate question, why did they retweet that "Rough Trade" was in stock versus Bleep or something Warp affiliated? It's probably not important as per usual, but you'd wonder why they were randomly promoting some other retailer.

Ah the meaningful questions floating into the mind of the consumer today. :P

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada