GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Boards of Canada - The Remixes Playlist 30 videos
Boards of Canada - In Reverse 33 videos
Boards of Canada - The Video Playlist 158 videos
158+33+30=221
The 221st day of 2019 is Aug 9th.

Ok this is just coincidence but what ever.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
whyte wrote:Another ARG would be fun. Just imagine everyone in this forum working together trying to put every piece in the puzzle..

While I agree, I think the reaction scared them to a certain extent and despite everyone having found the puzzle pieces as intended, it caused a lot of residual obsession (myself included) but others went to some pretty extreme lengths to invade their privacy etc thinking that there was more to find in relation to it when there wasn't. I would be surprised if they didn't view it as at least somewhat of a mistake to a certain extent seeing as it triggered a certain kind of obsession in some of their fans that they didn't really want to see.

It is unlikely that future releases will come in the form of an ARG, but that is just my opinion.

Boqurant
Valotonin wrote:
whyte wrote:Another ARG would be fun. Just imagine everyone in this forum working together trying to put every piece in the puzzle..

While I agree, I think the reaction scared them to a certain extent and despite everyone having found the puzzle pieces as intended, it caused a lot of residual obsession (myself included) but others went to some pretty extreme lengths to invade their privacy etc thinking that there was more to find in relation to it when there wasn't. I would be surprised if they didn't view it as at least somewhat of a mistake to a certain extent seeing as it triggered a certain kind of obsession in some of their fans that they didn't really want to see. .

Yeah, good point.

Eagle Minded
The fans were already obsessed even before the ARG began, and you can thank the black box for that one. Also, the new ARG has already begun, we just haven’t discovered the secret buried videos yet posted under the new albums alternate title. Aug 9? Would not mind!
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Friendly Stranger
Thinking of treasure hunting, could imagine them setting up something like geocaching.

Dayvan Cowboy
Whemoki wrote:Thinking of treasure hunting, could imagine them setting up something like geocaching.

BoC and a Primus fan.
Nice :mrgreen:

Eagle Minded
I know it's not exactly speculation but I don't want to make a thread for this one alone. My friend shot a video in Florida and asked me for music recommendations. We decided to go with a fragment of Dayvan Cowboy. Let me know your thoughts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkNruT5hyWk

Posts Quantity
Mozart wrote:I know it's not exactly speculation but I don't want to make a thread for this one alone. My friend shot a video in Florida and asked me for music recommendations. We decided to go with a fragment of Dayvan Cowboy. Let me know your thoughts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkNruT5hyWk

I maybe would have gone with an earlier segment of the song, before all the percussion kicks in, but that's just my take. You still chose the perfect song IMO! Very nice.

Posts Quantity
A sign of life; it looks like Hi Scores is being repressed again:
https://bleep.com/release/5213-boards-o ... -hi-scores

Posts Quantity
koroviev wrote:A sign of life; it looks like Hi Scores is being repressed again:

Didn't we just get a repress last year?

Posts Quantity
Kreide wrote:
koroviev wrote:A sign of life; it looks like Hi Scores is being repressed again:

Didn't we just get a repress last year?

We did, and this one has an entirely identical item description, right down to the double-sided poster and braille sticker. It seems like they just pressed more copies of the same.

Edit: Why they bothered to call it the "2019 edition" I have no clue. Unless maybe there's an Easter egg hidden in this one?? :shock:

Posts Quantity
Stay tuned for Hi Scores: April 2019 edition.

Boqurant
Cheltenham festival was on this week in the UK. Im not really a gambler, but when i saw a horse named Pentland Hills i had to put money on it. She won and gave me a nice return. Maybe it's a sign?

Eagle Minded
whyte wrote:Cheltenham festival was on this week in the UK. Im not really a gambler, but when i saw a horse named Pentland Hills i had to put money on it. She won and gave me a nice return. Maybe it's a sign?

Especially as it was running against 'Geometric Piss'.

Posts Quantity
whyte wrote:Cheltenham festival was on this week in the UK. Im not really a gambler, but when i saw a horse named Pentland Hills i had to put money on it. She won and gave me a nice return. Maybe it's a sign?
Maybe the horse IS their new cryptic marketing campaign XD
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Eagle Minded
I still don't quite get why they'd press another identical copy of Hi Scores. Can anyone explain the reasoning behind this?

Sherbet Head
Cause warp need money out of them.. they're a business and I guess they don't like having artists who don't have a lot of output

Posts Quantity
PresidentSquidward wrote:
Maybe the horse IS their new cryptic marketing campaign XD

Hey, I thought you were right. Didn't someone make a fake video where they took a horse in two for that meal? My dad did say pepper beef in Chinese food was made of horse meat. I ate it anyway cos he said chicken was great when I know Chicken was foul. There will never be anything ask good as beef stir fry. I use new York strip steak and marinade it with onion and red peppers. I'm good! I did look like a horse once I was 69. Everybody here talks like Bon Scott from Bon Jovi. You know? Good call.

Friendly Stranger
Mozart wrote:I still don't quite get why they'd press another identical copy of Hi Scores. Can anyone explain the reasoning behind this?

There's demand for it and this is business. It's a bit funny the way they've presented it on Bleep as '2019 edition' as if it's some new thing, but at least it's clear for anyone keeping track of different pressings and the quality of these.

Eagle Minded
Seems like the most logical explanation and course of action. Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada