GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Well personally not for me no. It all depends on ones interpretation. Tomorrow's harvest has never had the common nuclear apocalypse theme for me.

The bros have said TH shouldn't be taken at face value. Also I think the specific time period of the BoC sound for this sequel will be slightly in the future from last time. It was very cold war and 50s-70s sounding to me on TH with numbers stations etc, Now we are getting more industrial, Darker, Even more sinister, Less arpeggios and more blade runner/terminator vibes. The future.

I've always seen the theme of TH as an invasion, But not by humans. The aim was to wipe out the failed human experiment rather to sterilise the planet. But humans aren't extinct, we regroup, re-evolve and continue destruction of our world.

There are numerous references in TH regarding non human intelligence if you look closely.. Project Gemeni anyone? Telepaths?

Telepath reminds me of the supposed telepathic alien interview, Deep black projects use telepathic communication more to communicate with NHI than to supposedly launch nukes telepathically apparently.

Some UFO enthusiasts and conspiracy theorists have suggested that certain Gemini missions encountered unidentified flying objects during their spaceflights, or that NASA's interest in space exploration was partly motivated by a desire to investigate UFO phenomena.

There are some more subtle references I need to research.

Lastly the Close Encounters theme is blatantly obvious, Why would they use that for a nuclear war?

No, Phase 1 has begun, It is time for Phase two, Send in the terminators to finish the job and put an end to the failed human experiment.

Sherbet Head
EDA: Regarding Close Encounters music -
That sound is synonymous with something alien making contact. It's not the 40-70s theme obviously, But it's not about the sound, It's that unmistakable universal UFO melody.

Althose the general tone of THS(kynet) will be more akin to ATP-7, More upbeat action themed with the exact instruments and recording equipment from what specific era they have in mind.. 1985 to.. 2200? And beyond into the far reaches of the cosmos

What if voyager did get analysed by alien beings..?

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:
Wildfire wrote:That's so cool, so what loch is that?

Threipmuir Reservoir mate. Perfect place to go to contemplate what the next album might be like!

Haha, nice. I feel a pilgrimage coming on (from Glasgow).

Sherbet Head
Wildfire wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:
Wildfire wrote:That's so cool, so what loch is that?

Threipmuir Reservoir mate. Perfect place to go to contemplate what the next album might be like!

Haha, nice. I feel a pilgrimage coming on (from Glasgow).

Aye mate that would be really cool. I'm from near Glasgow, More Loch Lomond way so aye it's a wee drive away but there's loads of trails around there so many routes defo worth a days hike

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:Aye mate that would be really cool. I'm from near Glasgow, More Loch Lomond way so aye it's a wee drive away but there's loads of trails around there so many routes defo worth a days hike

I've been meaning to go on a wee East Coast BOC pilgrimage for a while, I want to visit the sailing club they got photographed at too. Lovely part of the world. Are you Renton/Alexandria?

Happy Cycler
PURPLE
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Posts Quantity
babylulu wrote:wonder if this means a new interview with the boys?

https://bleep.com/merch/429593-simon-re ... ia/related

This book is out today in the UK: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5oUwxzRvxo/

Assuming that this compiles his interview with BoC for Pitchfork.

Not known if there's anything extra in it.

Happy Cycler
YELLOW

New Seed
Yeah, that's right.

Sherbet Head
Wildfire wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Aye mate that would be really cool. I'm from near Glasgow, More Loch Lomond way so aye it's a wee drive away but there's loads of trails around there so many routes defo worth a days hike

I've been meaning to go on a wee East Coast BOC pilgrimage for a while, I want to visit the sailing club they got photographed at too. Lovely part of the world. Are you Renton/Alexandria?

Helensburgh mate :) Close enough, 10 mins from the Bonny Banks

Friendly Stranger
NTFMTS wrote:ORRANGEE

R
o
y
g
b
i
v
“If you can’t laugh at life, it just isn’t funny anymore.” (Wavy Gravy quoted by Sasha in PiHKAL: https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=64)

Sherbet Head
The favourite colour of the Good Friend

Eagle Minded
Final stretch, let's go !!

Friendly Stranger

Thats me waiting for a new release.

Will there be something out on June 9th? Their Inter&Co Stadium concert is still marked as a thing on Spotify. Doesn't it usually get taken down when its a mistake? Maybe my theory was correct, and they want to convey something? xD

cabal rose tv wrote:Will there be something out on June 9th? Their Inter&Co Stadium concert is still marked as a thing on Spotify. Doesn't it usually get taken down when its a mistake? Maybe my theory was correct, and they want to convey something? xD

June 9th? No, highly unlikely, not their style to release stuff on special dates + it's a Sunday even.

Spotify? No.
Ticketmaster is prone to errors. Canada is playing at this football game. That's the metadata mixup.
https://www.ticketmaster.com/copa-ameri ... 23A8D91256

Posts Quantity
Anybody else living in hope for some sort of announcement around record store day for the MHTRTC anniversary?

Posts Quantity
Twentington wrote:Anybody else living in hope for some sort of announcement around record store day for the MHTRTC anniversary?

Not for me. I doubt they would do the same thing twice.
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Posts Quantity
qukk_ wrote:
Twentington wrote:Anybody else living in hope for some sort of announcement around record store day for the MHTRTC anniversary?

Not for me. I doubt they would do the same thing twice.

I don't mean like an ARG or anything particularly spectacular like last time, just a date of release and a title

The title is definitely going to be "Boccys in Space"

Sherbet Head
The cover is going to have a picture of planet earth from space, Encapsulated in a Turquoise Hexagon Skynet

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada