GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Just to be clear, its nothing to do with BoC releasing music that isnt up to scratch, its more to do with the feeling of finally getting something youve been waiting on for a long time, maybe its just me who sometimes feels that way!

Eagle Minded
recently read the TH interviews again... I am now extremely excited again and super hopeful about new material... after reading quotes like, “we have literally thousands of tracks...” or “We are STILL always working on new material always...”
including them describing of TH what I always thought they did... dissecting VHS recorders and fine-tuning the motors (Semena)...
TH still seems “fresh” and “hot” still, although maybe I am forcefully making it sound new every time...
please, don’t give up on TH just yet... ;)

Posts Quantity
Tomorrow's Harvest has always been a damn good album to me, I prefer it over Campfire Headphase (though that ones also good :P).

I've heard them mention they make a loooot of tracks for their albums that don't make it to the track list. I wonder how many they've done and if there's ever gonna be a time where those tracks would be released in a compilation of some sorts. That would be cool since I'm curious about that.
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Eagle Minded
PresidentSquidward wrote:Tomorrow's Harvest has always been a damn good album to me, I prefer it over Campfire Headphase (though that ones also good :P).

I've heard them mention they make a loooot of tracks for their albums that don't make it to the track list. I wonder how many they've done and if there's ever gonna be a time where those tracks would be released in a compilation of some sorts. That would be cool since I'm curious about that.

yeah, I hope so, I really want to hear the unreleased songs from TH and also Geogaddi as those two are my favs... I read hours of interviews last night and it was again rewarding to be reminded of their minds. I really like the quote, “..I don’t think we listen to our music the same way everyone else does...” he then goes to describe it’s because of how they make it... he describes walls of equipment racks that they record old samples through to destroy and mangle it all... and that they actually rarely ever use effects boxes or units.... that’s crazy!!!! especially on Geogaddi... they creat effects that sound like units, but are simply, special recording techniques... brilliant!

Friendly Stranger
^ Cheers

Rereading the interviews always seems to reveal some new, wee detail or reference that I hadn't noticed before... & these references guide me to new artists, music, books, or movies, and they somehow enrich my appreciation for Boards of Canada, even though there aren't any obvious connections on the surface between them.

Eagle Minded
"We’d be making music anyway even if nobody was listening, and we’ve no intention of stopping, so this is just a continuation."

Source: https://de-bug.de/musik/interview-boards-of-canada-the-charms-of-the-sphinx/

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:I’m still not done with Tomorrow’s Harvest yet... it’s like people forget they just released that one.... if a new one came too soon... it would IMHO feel too soon or rushed

Haha! Good one.

I think it is good because it combines very strong themes and interesting sounds. The presentation, artwork, the direction is pretty tight, but the music inside is pretty experimental and loose.

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:
ryetronics wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:I’m still not done with Tomorrow’s Harvest yet... it’s like people forget they just released that one.... if a new one came too soon... it would IMHO feel too soon or rushed

Haha! Good one.

I think it is good because it combines very strong themes and interesting sounds. The presentation, artwork, the direction is pretty tight, but the music inside is pretty experimental and loose.

TH was hard for me at first, but then one day, I threw it back on and it was at #4, Jacquard Causeway and it gave me an internal epiphany that changed my internal/external perception and finally heard note progressions that truly speak to my inner mind... then the rest of the album started to feel more solid and more like some of the songs from their first two records, at least for me anyways... Nothing Is Real has brought me to tears on more than one occasion haha, much like Over the Horizon Radar... I swear I hear morse code woven into the rhythms and layers of songs like New Seeds...
Palace Posy sounds like a kickback to early BoC and maybe even Roygbiv’s black sheep brother haha
I just can’t get enough of TH haha
even the post-TH remixes are amazing too... among my top, especially Mr. Mistake.... fav one ever.... hope the next album is in that vein and also sometimes vein...

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:
arvy wrote:I think it is good because it combines very strong themes and interesting sounds. The presentation, artwork, the direction is pretty tight, but the music inside is pretty experimental and loose.

TH was hard for me at first, but then one day, I threw it back on and it was at #4, Jacquard Causeway and it gave me an internal epiphany that changed my internal/external perception and finally heard note progressions that truly speak to my inner mind... then the rest of the album started to feel more solid and more like some of the songs from their first two records, at least for me anyways... Nothing Is Real has brought me to tears on more than one occasion haha, much like Over the Horizon Radar... I swear I hear morse code woven into the rhythms and layers of songs like New Seeds...
Palace Posy sounds like a kickback to early BoC and maybe even Roygbiv’s black sheep brother haha
I just can’t get enough of TH haha
even the post-TH remixes are amazing too... among my top, especially Mr. Mistake.... fav one ever.... hope the next album is in that vein and also sometimes vein...

agreed

Eagle Minded
Hey Opothecary, are you alive man? I am itching for some more of your thoughts :)

Boqurant
Their twitter has been at a standstill for months. Show us a sign...

Eagle Minded
Yep, still no transmissions.

One day, though...!

Boqurant
Ill still be checking this thread religiously.

Eagle Minded
I do as well, at least once a day to see what's going on. I also have BoC's tweets send directly to my phone, and I must admit, sometimes when I hear a text I wish it was from them and not someone else... lol.

It won't take much for me to go full on excited fanboy, admittedly. All it would take is a few new twitter likes regarding a new album, so I would be content. They did that a few months ago, I am sure they are working on something regardless whether or not they are talking about it. It is probably still quite some time away though, but the most interesting part is we have no idea. It could be a month from now where we are as excited as we were when TH was released, or it could very easily be another year or two away. It's anyone's guess.

Posts Quantity
Mozart wrote:I do as well, at least once a day to see what's going on. I also have BoC's tweets send directly to my phone, and I must admit, sometimes when I hear a text I wish it was from them and not someone else... lol.

It won't take much for me to go full on excited fanboy, admittedly. All it would take is a few new twitter likes regarding a new album, so I would be content. They did that a few months ago, I am sure they are working on something regardless whether or not they are talking about it. It is probably still quite some time away though, but the most interesting part is we have no idea. It could be a month from now where we are as excited as we were when TH was released, or it could very easily be another year or two away. It's anyone's guess.

I think I might absolutely lose it and geek out when a new album is announced... I have yet to experience the excitement, as I discovered them around early 2014 or thereabouts. I'll be so, so stoked.

Boqurant
GeoDose wrote: I have yet to experience the excitement, as I discovered them around early 2014 or thereabouts. I'll be so, so stoked.

Me too, i discovered them right after TH so this is my first time getting excited about something new. :lol:

Eagle Minded
I remember thinking the first time that I heard TH that it was totally worth waiting for. Whatever happens next will definitely be worth waiting for, that I can assure you!

Boqurant
The idea of hearing new material is seriously exciting. I've heard every track that's available so many times. New material is going to be such an event.

Staying off the radar certainly keeps the fan-base on the edge of their seats, they're doing something right that's for sure.

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
I thought they ruined the album with the "Jesus was it you indeed?" bit but love every single song they've ever made and holds very sentimental value and will most likely be listening to a song by them every or every other day of my life. They're like food and cigarettes for me. Though it seems I might quit smoking soon.

Oh and has anybody noticed they have a pic on their boardsofcanada.com warp page? New everybum on the way.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada