GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant

Posts Quantity
Amazing! New Autechre album PLUS is out today—preorder and you can listen in full. And the beatink page still has the ???????s

Eagle Minded
It's funny having both Boards of Canada and Autechre as my favourite artists.

One releases music at a very steady rate and the other one is well... Boards of Canada, lol

Keep an eye on that website, I seriously wouldn't be suprised if ??????? turns out to be Autechre now.

Anyway, I'm off to go listen to PLUS, stay strong BoC fans!

Eagle Minded
So the ??????? is missing one ? if it was trying to spell Autechre. But ironically the 2nd set of ????s could spell PLUS. Wouldn't that be funny if the just miscounted. That said, there's no way it's repping a new BoC album.

Friendly Stranger
No offense guys but I don't know how anyone could listen to this. I'm trying here but this is not music. It just sounds like a bunch of weird sounds effects.

Enjoy it but meh. Hard pass.

Eagle Minded
Well, music is random sounds until you make sense of them.

Friendly Stranger
This makes no sense in my head I guess.

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:So the ??????? is missing one ? if it was trying to spell Autechre. But ironically the 2nd set of ????s could spell PLUS. Wouldn't that be funny if the just miscounted. That said, there's no way it's repping a new BoC album.

this is assuming the amount of question marks matters... and if it did I don’t think they would be incorrectly counted... that being said, “Remixes” does fit within the parentheses so if we were going the question mark route I would guess it’s “Autechre - SIGN (Remixes)”
no information at this moment in time

Boqurant
Roswell wrote:
Davism wrote:So the ??????? is missing one ? if it was trying to spell Autechre. But ironically the 2nd set of ????s could spell PLUS. Wouldn't that be funny if the just miscounted. That said, there's no way it's repping a new BoC album.

this is assuming the amount of question marks matters... and if it did I don’t think they would be incorrectly counted... that being said, “Remixes” does fit within the parentheses so if we were going the question mark route I would guess it’s “Autechre - SIGN (Remixes)”

imho the stuff within the parentheses will be (BRC-XXX).

Eagle Minded
broke wrote:
Roswell wrote:

you’re right, it’s definitely this. disregard my last message!

Boqurant
Roswell wrote:
broke wrote:
Roswell wrote:

you’re right, it’s definitely this. disregard my last message!

i just noticed that from this page the amount of ? are slightly different

https://www.beatink.com/products/detail ... t_id=11466

Dayvan Cowboy
You know when you put a cold beverage on the table and it leaves a ring of condensation? The Autechre covers look like a radioactive version of that!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
very Bocy
https://youtu.be/NAN1kt4SG9E

are they really going with that space theme

Dayvan Cowboy
Also I just think they haven't updated that page. But it's obvious Plus is the surprise album.

I really think it would be more BOC-like for them to release/make an announcement after all of this (like on Jan 22nd) since it fits with the whole "outsider" thing.

Also perhaps they want to release the album after 2020 AFTER we've reaped Tomorrow's Harvest :wink:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Vaporized wrote:No offense guys but I don't know how anyone could listen to this. I'm trying here but this is not music. It just sounds like a bunch of weird sounds effects.

I am right there with you.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Also I just think they haven't updated that page. But it's obvious Plus is the surprise album.

agreed :,(

Sherbet Head
Davism wrote:
Vaporized wrote:No offense guys but I don't know how anyone could listen to this. I'm trying here but this is not music. It just sounds like a bunch of weird sounds effects.

I am right there with you.

i think you guys should check out some of autechre's older work. much MUCH more approachable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTJTf7Yvk8

New Seed
+1 on disliking llatest AE
i am fan of theirs but this stuff just doesn't sit in.

Posts Quantity
Not really an Ae fan but this one’s so cold

https://youtu.be/hfTAv8htci8

Those synths at 1:37

Eagle Minded
The album (PLUS) is being well recieved by the autechre community, but autechre's music has never been that aproachable for newcomers. I think their music has VERY disconnected patterns at times, but the beats are still there. However, the main reason I listen to Autechre is for the sound design, which is actually the same reason I listen to a lot of BoC.

Take Gyroscope for example.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada