GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:More of a Campfire Headphase person myself.
I think TH genuinely changed my perspective on a lot of things, though.
I like the more ambiguous tracks as you can project your own meaning onto them and it can really help you meditate on it. Like a trip through your own mind, varies from listener to listener.

I am pretty convinced I know where the wording (but not the actual sample) from Nothing is Real came from and it has more to do with virtual reality than anything else. Jesus is used metaphorically for the creators of the content. That is if I am right, which I am probably not.

Where do you think the sample is from? I'd love to know.

Eagle Minded
Just thought I'd put out my predictions, not sure if i already have but gotta keep this thread alive!!

2019: Some smaller releases for Warp30 anniversary, they'll definitely put out something for this.

2020: BoC set hopefully, MDG did say that it would be after the next release, which was TH, so hopefully thats whats coming next, regardless-something big should be coming in 2020.

2022: Geogaddi 20th anniversary, we will all feel very sad and old. but hey maybe another lithograph print!
no information at this moment in time

Boqurant
The BoC Bookies is now open for betting.

New release in 2019 - 12/1

New release in 2020 - 4/1

New magazine interviews following future release - 1/2

Live show announced following future release - 100/1

Video interview and studio tour following future release - 400000/1

If you'd like to chuck a slip on, let me know :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
whyte wrote:
New magazine interviews following future release - 1/2

So it only 50 %. The release without any interview would be very cool. A step up in the mental chess game

Friendly Stranger
This is an exciting time for music tangential to BoC. New albums from Odd Nosdam and Bibio on April 12th. Hopefully BoC will remerge from hibernation soon after.

Eagle Minded
Interesting thoughts, we've already ridden out the most of this wave of silence, I'd speculate. Yeah, I'd say something will definitely happen this year (maybe another remix, could be an EP or box set but I would not give that a likely chance). I'd vote for the next album next year, though. It's going to be a long year, but that is okay with me. I would like to see some activity on twitter though just to be sure they are alive and kicking :P Even a few more twitter likes would do me in; it would be easier to tolerate the wait knowing that something for sure is coming our way. But the mysteriousness of this whole act is kind of the best part, to me. You never know what could be around the corner-- for all we know the album could release tomorrow. If they were on YouTube giving us teasers for each song they are working on then it would kind of ruin the magic for me. The album will certainly come when "it feels right" to BoC, but that doesn't make the wait any easier haha.

I just can't wait for the day where I wake up and the thrill is on. I think that there will be another type of pre-release charade akin to the Tomorrow's Harvest release. I can't imagine them just dropping the album without saying or doing anything symbolic, even though I wouldn't be opposed to them just releasing it. I bet you'll see a random clue appear, like what happened with the Aphex Twin album, where a poster was found in a subway and then all over the place. I bet you'll see the BoC symbol pop up in a place that is very unexpected and then things will take off from there, but that's just my $0.02 and imaginative leaping.

Good things are on the horizon. They aren't done changing the world of music, yet. If we focus on what we do know it is without a doubt that these two artists are perfectionists. They know that they make art and true art isn't rushed. For us fans, patience is the key. "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." -Aristotle

Sherbet Head
I hope any future rounds of interviews have more variety in terms of questions. Every single one around TH asked the same things over and over.
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Boqurant
nick47 wrote:I hope any future rounds of interviews have more variety in terms of questions. Every single one around TH asked the same things over and over.

There might be things that BoC dont particularly want to answer that might get stated before an interview, who knows.

Dayvan Cowboy
whyte wrote:
nick47 wrote:I hope any future rounds of interviews have more variety in terms of questions. Every single one around TH asked the same things over and over.

There might be things that BoC dont particularly want to answer that might get stated before an interview, who knows.

I might agree, but when you start looking at Japanese interviews it seems that if the person conducting it asks original insightful but nonintrusive questions, they tend to respond really positively and give a lot of detail on things they otherwise might not feel comfortable opening up about with other journalists.

I think the culture of journalism is very different there, not the Euro/American vultures we are used to here.

Dayvan Cowboy
People waiting for what they don't know. BOC never said too much, or even anything. But still, people waiting. It reminds of some joke. Because instead of enjoying what you have now, you projecting yourself into the future, totally forgetting that time flies and you can't turn it back. But everyone just wants that some guys to release the collection of tracks. The point this is just music. So I think it is some sort of a joke. But very serious joke by BOC. They know that.

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:People waiting for what they don't know. BOC never said too much, or even anything. But still, people waiting. It reminds of some joke. Because instead of enjoying what you have now, you projecting yourself into the future, totally forgetting that time flies and you can't turn it back. But everyone just wants that some guys to release the collection of tracks. The point this is just music. So I think it is some sort of a joke. But very serious joke by BOC. They know that.

It's called anticipation and speculation and it goes hand in hand with being a BOC fan. 8)

Posts Quantity
Oh how I wish I was a BoC fan back in 2013... I remember so clearly the Aphex Twin blimp and marketing campaign in 2014, and even more exciting was the Nine Inch Nails ARG that let up to the Year Zero release in 2007 with the USB keys being left in washroom stalls and other bread crumbs left for fans online. I freaking love stuff like that, but I am starting to doubt that the brothers will do that this time around. They're probably thinking "been there, done that" but of course I can only speculate.

As Wildfire mentioned above, speculation is part of being a BoC fan and there's nothing wrong with looking forward to the next album while enjoying the current releases :)

Posts Quantity
The only reason why they called it the internet was because Antoinette was on hold. gerdy grr ger hah

Eagle Minded
*yawns*

Eagle Minded
Anyone think they'll do another ARG?
no information at this moment in time

Sherbet Head
Seeing as how far some forum members go chasing their personal info I really doubt it. Wouldn't mind it myself though, I want a treasure map that tells me where to dig up the swiss mountains :)

Eagle Minded
chronical wrote:Seeing as how far some forum members go chasing their personal info I really doubt it. Wouldn't mind it myself though, I want a treasure map that tells me where to dig up the swiss mountains :)

that leads to a small... winding cavern.... with a buried chest with an old codex scroll in it, dodging poison dart shooting pigmy’s, run from a giant cue ball, and escape a room full of asps haha that eventually leads to three secret magnetic tape reels that are found at “strategic locations” lol need to be spliced or looped together and then the sound spectrum analyzed to get the link for the new album! lol

Sherbet Head
Need to find coordinates to a location a frequency and a one time pad

Dayvan Cowboy
ask Xaugh. he knows.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boqurant
Another ARG would be fun. Just imagine everyone in this forum working together trying to put every piece in the puzzle..

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada