GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
If we really want to get specific about number of question marks, look at the format of 'artist name (catalog id)'. Based on that I'm looking forward to hearing the first Grizzly Bear track in three years.

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:
KoA wrote:Guys, it is super unlikely that SKAM would be promoting a release on Warp. To my knowledge the 2 labels are separate and are not related. BoC is under contract with Warp, so for their stuff I’d keep an eye on that Beatnik thing. Amks is cool but totally unrelated IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't Tomorrow's Harvest promoted on a lot of non Warp related media? Like Adult Swim

Adult Swim isn’t a label, and they do all kinds of partnerships with labels like warp though. This would be like if adidas hyped up a Nike release because they used the same laces once.

Eagle Minded
KoA wrote:
Echelon wrote:
KoA wrote:Guys, it is super unlikely that SKAM would be promoting a release on Warp. To my knowledge the 2 labels are separate and are not related. BoC is under contract with Warp, so for their stuff I’d keep an eye on that Beatnik thing. Amks is cool but totally unrelated IMO.

Wasn't Tomorrow's Harvest promoted on a lot of non Warp related media? Like Adult Swim

Adult Swim isn’t a label, and they do all kinds of partnerships with labels like warp though. This would be like if adidas hyped up a Nike release because they used the same laces once.

Adult Swim does/did have a label, though.

https://www.discogs.com/label/65595-adult-swim
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
Battles is seven letters, too, fwiw.

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh good grief

Posts Quantity
The Beatink page last week was a good acknowledgment that the warp 30 festivities are continuing (which is why we see so many warp releases from both newer and established heavy hitters). It also mentioned some “surprise releases” in the future. We have releases from
Autechre and OPN to look forward to this month, and now Aphex Twin has entered the mix (possible announcement on 10/20?). All this goes makes the BOC social media clues (likes, IG posts) and the new HI YouTube banner feel like more than a coincidence.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comm ... ame=iossmf

Dayvan Cowboy
Squarepusher released a new album in Jan, Autechre in October, Aphex Twin in December (check the release schedule for it) so we just need a BOC release and all the big four will have released something this year
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
Jan 22, fingers crossed

Posts Quantity
Yes, Echelon! When you put it that way, the whole 12/4 release date seems intentionally saved for last--but I do hope there is some new AFX in the works for sure.

Have you though about what the significance of this circle is? ROYGBIV. The Warp purple takes up 1/3 of the circle. And the blue dot is right before turquoise. That metal (vinyl press?) thing might represent the end of the year, like, we are close to something big.

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:
Have you though about what the significance of this circle is? ROYGBIV. The Warp purple takes up 1/3 of the circle. And the blue dot is right before turquoise. That metal (vinyl press?) thing might represent the end of the year, like, we are close to something big.

Happy Cycling did make an interesting suggestion that it could be a definitive BOC repress collection. I see they're doing an AFX repress with bonus tracks so maybe we're going to see some BOC reissues with bonus tracks?

I'm down. We did get the clearance for XYZ last year so maybe there's been a few more tracks freed up to be attached as bonus tracks!

Hey, maybe that's to tide us over until next year's album!

New Seed
I bet they are preparing to drop a new album by the end of this year, new sounds and a new approach, and I'm sure they are also preparing an alternate reality game to promote the release of their next studio album like they did for Tomorrow's Harvest (2013)!

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:

Happy Cycling did make an interesting suggestion that it could be a definitive BOC repress collection. I see they're doing an AFX repress with bonus tracks so maybe we're going to see some BOC reissues with bonus tracks?

I'm down. We did get the clearance for XYZ last year so maybe there's been a few more tracks freed up to be attached as bonus tracks!

Yeah, I think it's more likely that for now we'll get something like a BoCset, previously unreleased stuff, or some kind of repress collection. I'd bet we're still a year or two out from a new album. Again, like all BoC speculation I could be 100% off base.

On the topic of BoC/amks.live, I think it is unlikely Skam owns all the stuff that plays on the stream. It's so vague there wouldn't be a way to tell anyways. It's a free stream which seems to be purely for appreciation and artistic purposes. It's also aesthetically right up the BoC alley and super mysterious in nature. On the Warp side of things; the TH campaign had several outlets unrelated to Warp in it's promotion like Adult Swim. BoC still has older music on Skam's label and have been involved with them since the beginning of their career. So, it's not a stretch at all to think that BoC might be involved with amks.live. Saying that "They are exclusive to Warp" doesn't really mean anything to me imho.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Friendly Stranger
happy_cycling wrote:
Echelon wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:

Yeah, I think it's more likely that for now we'll get something like a BoCset, previously unreleased stuff, or some kind of repress collection. I'd bet we're still a year or two out from a new album. Again, like all BoC speculation I could be 100% off base.

On the topic of BoC/amks.live, I think it is unlikely Skam owns all the stuff that plays on the stream. It's so vague there wouldn't be a way to tell anyways. It's a free stream which seems to be purely for appreciation and artistic purposes. It's also aesthetically right up the BoC alley and super mysterious in nature. On the Warp side of things; the TH campaign had several outlets unrelated to Warp in it's promotion like Adult Swim. BoC still has older music on Skam's label and have been involved with them since the beginning of their career. So, it's not a stretch at all to think that BoC might be involved with amks.live. Saying that "They are exclusive to Warp" doesn't really mean anything to me imho.
I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, but generally that’s just not how the music industry works. If they are under contract with Warp for another release or two, and they put one out every 7 years or so, Warp wouldn’t be happy about them cheating with their ex. Labels partnering with multi media platforms like Adult Swim is pretty common. Unless they released something under a “side project” like HI that’s under no contract obligations with another label...

Sherbet Head
If Skam is involved in any way then it would not be related to BoC at all because of contracts, under normal circumstances of course, business' can do anything they like if they are friends. Under typical industry rule, they could release anything under Hell Interface though. Hell Interface banner suggested that they were saying Hi from BoC due to the nature of the art, green hexagon etc, so I'd say that we maybe won't see any HI.
I'd wage that Skam is teasing unofficially as what they are using are very generic BoCisms. Whether they are teasing with no knowledge of BoCs actual business and are just hyping the fans because we poked our noses out of hybernation or they are teasing with knowledge and permission from BoC, we don't know.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Hmm, new Battles remix album: https://www.beatink.com/products/detail ... t_id=11480

Do you think this is the mystery album? If so, I don't know why they'd hype it up as a mystery

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Hmm, new Battles remix album: https://www.beatink.com/products/detail ... t_id=11480

Do you think this is the mystery album? If so, I don't know why they'd hype it up as a mystery

Let's be real, they didnt go crazy hyping it up as a mystery, they basially jut put up some question marks as a placeholder for whatever is next. Not to mention it's a japanese website, technically it's not even for us westerners.

Also, I dont think that's what it is, a remix album isnt going to br promoted as hard as something like SIGN or Magic... My money is still on it being a new Seefeel album.

Posts Quantity
I'd agree with Happy that this remix EP doesn't stack up with the other three LPs on the page. And the ??????? - ???? (???????) is still there--considering Battles is seven letters, I'm pretty glad that fourth square is still unknown!

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote: I'm pretty glad that fourth square is still unknown!

I know. I was ready to pull a Hopekeeper! (And I mean that in all respect to him since his comment was definitely justified.) Kidding, but it should definitely serve as a warning for people like myself not to get so hyped up. Especially since there's been tons of let downs before.

Eagle Minded
The hype train is way more fun than the years of stagnancy train

Friendly Stranger
Navaru wrote:There was a new like on Twitter about new music.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada