GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:politics as usual!

offtopic, but check yo' messages
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Posts Quantity
- - -
Last edited by Smokes on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't exist.

Eagle Minded
hexagon son wrote: if it has been finished for that long, i'm hoping a whole of stuff will follow with briefer intervals. 4 1/2 years without even an EP is disgraceful.

Well, there was that Bootleg Vinyl of Unreleased Tracks, And a Remix of Why?'s Good Friday.

I guess it just depends on how you look at it.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Eagle Minded
It's still 2010.....

Dayvan Cowboy
At this stage, I blame Warp.

I know they like to be all hip and mysterious, but there's no information coming from them at all and I can't shake the feeling they're sitting on some stuff here while they piss about being this country's answer to Spinal Tap

Happy Cycler
rick7487 wrote:
hexagon son wrote: if it has been finished for that long, i'm hoping a whole of stuff will follow with briefer intervals. 4 1/2 years without even an EP is disgraceful.

Well, there was that Bootleg Vinyl of Unreleased Tracks, And a Remix of Why?'s Good Friday.

I guess it just depends on how you look at it.

those had been released before, albeit in limited quantities and available pretty much anywhere if you wanted to hear them, already. and oh yeah, one remix.

to people who dont spend their time lurking on forums looking for "underground" music, they have probably either forgotton all about BoC, or thought they must have broken up. BoC have only made an impact to the people who know who they are, and the band are doing themselves a disservice by not either:

a) communicating with their fans via music

or

b) having their label giving updates or news about them.

BoC dont tour and/or play live, so how is anyone supposed to know if they even still exist or not? all MDG is, is text on a forum page. you can choose to believe what he posts, or not. If he sayd that new material is on it's way, then fine. but i stopped itching everyday for new material a long time ago and i'm actually a little bit sad about that.
"It's been a long time..."

Dayvan Cowboy
there came a point where i realised that i had become somewhat obsessive over this one band. i would go for a walk, and come across sights, sounds, scenery 'that's so boc, that reminds me of boc...' etc etc. it was almost like they engulfed me in some strange and mysterious world. there is a lot of positive experiences come from their music, but also a lot of negatives. perhaps this is all unintentional on their behalf, but i do believe that one of their aims as musicians is change peoples perspectives on life. in my case - mission accomplished. yes, i am exited for new music, but i'm more excited that i've seemed to have climbed out of an obsession and opened my eyes and ears to the world once more.

Posts Quantity
hexagon sun and bleak, those are exactly my thoughts. BoC were able to show me a position of awareness out into life that i never saw before and for that i thank them. i have gotten the majority of what i can out of their harmonics and although i would love to hear new material, i am quite satisfied with all that the band has produced up to this point...not many bands can offer so much and such peculiar things as BoC can...i have benefited many many times more for their music than i have from most other artists.

Sherbet Head
I don't know if anyone has ever said this before but I don't think Boc are the type that care about money, fame or even their fans, they seem like the kind that actually only care about the music they make.

Geogaddi is clearly a masterpiece and like they said, the album had a dark atmosphere because it was made around 9/11 and was probably a little easier to create (whether or not that's really the case is beyond me) their music isn't like Justin Bieber where all you throw in is some generic beat with a few "Baby baby oooh yeah!"s and I can tell that a song like Alpha and Omega or You Could Feel the Sky took a lot of time to get the perfect sound and nail down, and if another Geogaddi style album is made you can bet that a lot of time could be taken to get backmasked sounds and drum beats to synch so well like in Sunshine Recorder, or heavily warped sounds like in Dawn Chorus.

I think I can wait another year if it takes us that long as I listen to Geogaddi every school day at least 2 or 3 times (going to school, reversed during math and lunch, and coming home) and I still have yet to get tired of this album.

If they have planned a special release date gimmick than here are my guesses:
1/1/11
3/9/11
9/10/11

Sorry if I came out hateful.
Last edited by Julian Candy on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Julian Candy wrote:I really feel that this thread should be removed as it seems to be a place of bickering over a new album right now.

Lol, this thread was created so it would be the only legitimate place to bicker over a new release.
The rest of the board is much cleaner imo because of this.

Eagle Minded
Quite an uplifting thread, I must say!

I'm new here, and I like it here! Everyone seems pretty easy-going and friendly, which makes sense, because we've all come together over a common interest.

Brass Tacks:

We're all going to flip shit as soon as ANY official piece of information relating to a new release surfaces. That could be in ten minutes, could be in ten years -- whatever the case, I'm going to be there ("there" probably meaning HERE) celebrating. I'm confident that whatever any potential new release(s) amounts to, me and my ears will be thrilled. Boards Of Canada have been more than just a band for me, as I'm sure they have been for all of you also if you're here reading this.
Last edited by Elephant Face on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Julian Candy wrote:
I really feel that this thread should be removed as it seems to be a place of bickering over a new album right now.

:lol: what? You don't have seniority here man, learn a bit about how the dialogue in the forum works before you start pulling complaints out of your ass.

Eagle Minded
isawdrones wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
I really feel that this thread should be removed as it seems to be a place of bickering over a new album right now.

:lol: what? You don't have seniority here man, learn a bit about how the dialogue in the forum works before you start pulling complaints out of your ass.

:o Hostile!

^^^ Agreed.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
So, there's 15 days left in this year and I keep thinking on new years day MDG is gonna drop a post saying, "Oops, My Bad." (lol)
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Dayvan Cowboy
rick7487 wrote:So, there's 15 days left in this year and I keep thinking on new years day MDG is gonna drop a post saying, "Oops, My Bad." (lol)

MDG has lost a lot of credibility with me. it's gonna take more than an "Oops, My Bad" to restore it. he is very Misleading. not that my opinion matters, but hey....

feel free to beg to differ.

Eagle Minded
From this I found this.

Dayvan Cowboy
Elephant Face wrote:From this I found this.

:(

Sherbet Head
MrMessiah wrote:
Elephant Face wrote:From this I found this.

:(

I dont get it ?? :?

Is it the part where they said "We will take care of it"?

Eagle Minded
Wow, I think I posted this in the completely wrong thread. How embarrassing, amirite?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada