GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
babylulu wrote:BoC have said in the past they prefer doing interviews/press with smaller names as opposed to the big music journalists we always hear about

Fair point. Again, I hope I'm wrong!

Eagle Minded
Anyone else? Better get all your fakes out there before BoC actually release their next LP.

Hopefully they push their sound forward in a way that'll make fakes harder to create, which is what I think happened when The Campfire Headphase came out.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, not been a whole hell of a lot of post TCH era sounding fakes. They still keep coming on the old tunes era stuff. Honestly one of the best things that'd come from BOC releasing the early albums from the archives would be they wouldn't be there for fakers to pretend their stuff to be

Posts Quantity
Biznasty wrote:
babylulu wrote:this guy on facebook posted a video of a test pressing claiming it’s boards of canada, but i’ve never heard this track before. thoughts? https://www.facebook.com/thebiglongy/vi ... 135060004/

how did you find this video?

he posted a white label of mr. mistake, and then that video in the replies

babylulu wrote:
Biznasty wrote:
babylulu wrote:this guy on facebook posted a video of a test pressing claiming it’s boards of canada, but i’ve never heard this track before. thoughts? https://www.facebook.com/thebiglongy/vi ... 135060004/

how did you find this video?

he posted a white label of mr. mistake, and then that video in the replies

Can you link where he posted that white label please? I can't seem to find that post on his Facebook. Thx

Posts Quantity

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardsofcanada/permalink/10166791080300323/

Hmm. I think Mr.-E meant a direct link to the post. That'd help if you have it fella. :wink:

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
babylulu wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardsofcanada/permalink/10166791080300323/

Hmm. I think Mr.-E meant a direct link to the post. That'd help if you have it fella. :wink:

That is a direct link to the post lol

Eagle Minded
So he never even claimed it was a BoC test pressing... He posted the wrong video and then corrected himself.

He meant to post a TH test pressing...

To be fair he corrected himself 8 hours later, but he still never "claimed it was boc" it was just a video without context.
Last edited by Biznasty on Mon May 02, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
babylulu wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

That is a direct link to the post lol

Ah well, not showing up my end. Must be my desktop brower. I blame facebook. :lol:

Besides, now biznasty's above screenshot has pointed out, the dude made an error in his post. Hopefully this solves all the possible confusion.

An honest mistake or a deliberate Cult48 plug. You be the judge. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:An honest mistake or a deliberate Cult48 plug. You be the judge. :D

I mean, it's the first I've heard of them. So... I guess it works out either way :| :?:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:Anyone else? Better get all your fakes out there before BoC actually release their next LP.

Hopefully they push their sound forward in a way that'll make fakes harder to create, which is what I think happened when The Campfire Headphase came out.

There are tons of noises and details in TH that I feel none of the fakers would feel like adding. I suspect that's what their next work is going to sound like too. It's not even the droning synths and the beats as much as the intricate 'ship-in-a-bottle' details that they make them with.

BOC generally don't see their music the same as the imitators do. The chameleons tend to paint with broader more stereotypical brush strokes and generalize the nostalgia concept that was once important to the bros.

Also side note, but what if Stargate comes out on May the 4th ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I want all of Cult48's music, and Zephyr Method's, and so many others.

But high quality vinyl pressings.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Sky and Trails wrote:I want all of Cult48's music, and Zephyr Method's, and so many others.
Leave some for new BoC.

Eagle Minded
Sorry if this was posted already, but is the Stargate Zine article going to be in hardcopy or virtual?

Dayvan Cowboy
I wonder why BOC chose such an unreliable zine to feature them...unless they didn't and it's got nothing to do with them.

Either that or BOC and Stargate both share similar shifting deadlines :P

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:I wonder why BOC chose such an unreliable zine to feature them...unless they didn't and it's got nothing to do with them.

I imagine the market for 'zines is a really niche one these days that could probably get away with having a tri-monthly release time. Or maybe it isn't, I'm just an outsider here. Who do I look like, Reggie Rocket :P
"Fire it up and show us what'cha got, Micus. Let's see if it's good enough for 'The Zine'"

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Echelon wrote:I wonder why BOC chose such an unreliable zine to feature them...unless they didn't and it's got nothing to do with them.

I imagine the market for 'zines is a really niche one these days that could probably get away with having a tri-monthly release time. Or maybe it isn't, I'm just an outsider here. Who do I look like, Reggie Rocket :P
"Fire it up and show us what'cha got, Micus. Let's see if it's good enough for 'The Zine'"

Ironically, referencing the raddest 2000s show on Nickelodeon is on topic since Devo did the theme song :D A shame the Rocket Power theme song didn't make Societas X Tape with the Mark Mothersbaugh writing credit :P

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:Ironically, referencing the raddest 2000s show on Nickelodeon is on topic since Devo did the theme song :D A shame the Rocket Power theme song didn't make Societas X Tape with the Mark Mothersbaugh writing credit :P

Ummm... It was like actually written by The Wipeouters. I thought this was Twoism, not SHOOBism 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada