GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

They are releasing something very soon.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:They are releasing something very soon.

You could feel the optimism.

Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Tue May 24, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Boqurant
Dont pull my heart strings like this i cant take it

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:They are releasing something very soon.

They are releasing something very soon.

(Are we trying to manifest something?)

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:(Are we trying to manifest something?)

Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:(Are we trying to manifest something?)

It's all about the greater good. Yes.... The greater good. :wink:

Friendly Stranger
Echelon wrote:Btw I still don't buy into the idea that BOC hate us. Mr. E's timeline on the Twitter posts convinced me otherwise. I'm
also convinced that their long absence is more a combination of having real life obligations and wanting to come up with the best piece of art to compliment their catalog.
You go through cycles as a BOC fan similar to the stages of 'grief' and I've finally come to the acceptance stage. It'll be ready when it's ready. Ironically similar is Stargate. Once the zine is finished baking in the oven...or at least their creators are finished baking, it'll come out

they just hate the internet tbh

Dayvan Cowboy
erin wrote:

People hate what they cannot understand
they don't understand the internet
that is worrying
very
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity
Magrathea wrote:
erin wrote:

People hate what they cannot understand
they don't understand the internet
that is worrying
very
I don’t believe we know for sure if they hate the internet (the internet is evil. Yes, yes. I know.) If they do hate it, I would almost certainly think they understand it. Their troll level is over 9,000!

Eagle Minded
They already finished a new album, hold up is on Warp's end.

Soon. September at the latest.

Dayvan Cowboy
Helios wrote:They already finished a new album, hold up is on Warp's end.

Soon. September at the latest.

I'm willing to wager this too.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
At the risk of coming off like a jackass, is this really one of the only hotspots of posting activity on here? I mean, there's a whole plethora of threads to go through and incite discussion, and I feel like I'm seeing the same comments here every 5 posts or so.

Maybe I'm just blowing things out of proportion, and I really don't want to upset anybody here, but this has been kinda bothering me.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:At the risk of coming off like a jackass, is this really one of the only hotspots of posting activity on here? I mean, there's a whole plethora of threads to go through and incite discussion, and I feel like I'm seeing the same comments here every 5 posts or so.

Maybe I'm just blowing things out of proportion, and I really don't want to upset anybody here, but this has been kinda bothering me.

Tbh if you start from the beginning of this thread, it's mostly people repeating the same thing til TH and now it will be people repeating the same thing til the new release. And then if it comes out this year, it'll be people repeating things til 2030 for the release after that.

Until they pull a Daft Punk this is the way. :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
rodox_head wrote:At the risk of coming off like a jackass, is this really one of the only hotspots of posting activity on here? I mean, there's a whole plethora of threads to go through and incite discussion, and I feel like I'm seeing the same comments here every 5 posts or so.

Tbh if you start from the beginning of this thread, it's mostly people repeating the same thing til TH and now it will be people repeating the same thing til the new release. And then if it comes out this year, it'll be people repeating things til 2030 for the release after that.

Until they pull a Daft Punk this is the way. :)

Yeah, and I think I was complaining about it back then too, just less respectfully.

I'm an old person now, and despite essentially living under a rock I feel like I'm overall seeing events circle around and happen again (outside this forum, that is) and it's a different feeling experiencing it again. It could just be rose tinted glasses, but I remember the other subforums having more activity relative to this thread back then.

All things come to an end, and you never know what's gonna end next. Bands break up, members die, projects end due to social media malarkey; things you don't think about too much as a teenager.

I love the shitpostsing shenanigans in this topic, but the "speculation" aspect gets pretty tiring to the point of seeming like blind optimism. For the record I am not criticizing/condemning anyone for being optimistic, I'm not that kind of jackass.

rodox_head wrote:I love the shitpostsing shenanigans in this topic, but the "speculation" aspect gets pretty tiring to the point of seeming like blind optimism. For the record I am not criticizing/condemning anyone for being optimistic, I'm not that kind of jackass.
What's your definition of blind optimism in light of all the factual LP5 timeline discoveries?

Posts Quantity

I get it. Imagine being involved with something so profound for years and seeing similarities time after time after time. Loop?

I must say that it is extremely gratifying going back and blowing the dust off of the old posts of people guessing and theorizing a new album date, theme, cover art, etc. It is fun to imagine a not too distant future where someone who joins Twoism in 2033 is looking back on all of these and other posts with similar admiration.

I’d like to make a toast! To anyone that has ever visited this forum, and the newcomers that see this in the future: The past inside the present.. We know we are imperfect. Somewhat broken, downtrodden and listless, sentimental and wistful. (Thank you Ahyp.)

To continuing observing the parallels between the nature of life and the essence of BoC. To congregating in a community sharing a very relatable wisdom in the understanding that, as with BoC’s music, it is our imperfections that make us all so unique.

Cheers

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I love the shitpostsing shenanigans in this topic, but the "speculation" aspect gets pretty tiring to the point of seeming like blind optimism. For the record I am not criticizing/condemning anyone for being optimistic, I'm not that kind of jackass.
What's your definition of blind optimism in light of all the factual LP5 timeline discoveries?
Honestly, I don't know. I don't know why I chose that term, or what one I was actually looking for.

Eagle Minded
rodox_head wrote:I'm an old person now

Username:rodox_head

:? i hope i dont feel the same by the time im your age

just ride the wave with us. if lp5 comes out, great. if it doesnt we can always blame it on fredd-e :twisted: :mrgreen:
yes, i would love to be free!

NorthSaturnian wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I'm an old person now

Username:rodox_head

:? i hope i dont feel the same by the time im your age

just ride the wave with us. if lp5 comes out, great. if it doesnt we can always blame it on fredd-e :twisted: :mrgreen:

if? you misspelled when. :mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
Is just passed 6.am, I shouldn't be up this early but I have to say something.

I was talking with someone yesterday (undisclosed :wink: ) about the forum on a whole and how disproportionate the activity is between threads compared to this one. I have some concerns on this front.

Somedays, I see this topic as the only one to be posted on. The only place where someone is saying something. I echo rodox_head's words entirely on that front.
All I'm hoping and asking for is some of you posters need to give the forum a bit of life. I want to know what you think besides the band Boards of Canada.
I'd love it if I wasn't talking to myself (to be so selfish).
Echelon! I admire you man, but I never see your name besides here! :)

The silence is deafening sometimes.

"Replying to message in Boards of Canada."

I know this has happened before but maybe not on such a large scale. Is this just me?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada