GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Navaru wrote:Just to put it out there, Nov 13th is the last day Mars is in retrograde. I believe they had posted a video on Instagram in September, the day it went into retrograde.

Good point... going direct (my birthday btw) in full throttle towards Jupiter Saturn conjunction in Aquarius in December (the beginning of Age of Aquarius?)...

Posts Quantity
1.)Either the space theme is becoming more plausible for a next record and release concept
or
2.)twoism has created speculated it’s own complex and deep timeline.

Only time will tell...

Until then, some of y’all should all get together and start a music marketing company called twoism - because y’all are damn good at developing these release concepts and timelines!

Either way I think it’s pretty damn awesome all the connections made - past and present - real and fake - and will be FOLLOWING!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
In regards to people (including myself) who thought ??????? might've been Aphex Twin and the promo track that was used for the AFX Station.

"It's a work in progress, it's sitting with it's new friends inside the Cirklon...my life has been hectic last few months, in a rollercoaster way, so not had a chance to make much music."

So... definetely not Aphex Twin, probably wont be getting a new release from Richard for a while.

Sherbet Head
PerniciousKnid wrote:1.)Either the space theme is becoming more plausible for a next record and release concept
or

I guess #2. What's my prize?

Eagle Minded
Twoist wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:1.)Either the space theme is becoming more plausible for a next record and release concept
or

a virtual pony, congrats
Out and about.

Sherbet Head
#2... Exactly but fun all the same, and you never know.
At least the spacey theme is rooted in something they have shown themselves lately and it's a new concept for them.
Everything else we come up with, we are attaching old, used themes and references to build our desperate pictures, which is a way we can gauge what is real or manufactured by us.
They have never really repeated references in any albums, buildups, Hype etc. Each album has had it's own set of concepts and references attached to them, all individual. So anything we find now that appears to have links to already established references we already know from previous BoC timelines will no doubt be our own red herrings.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
I think I'm okay with believing in some of these without getting myself disapointed, also the Pioneer transmition one is a fun one.

Happy Cycler
Stavorius wrote:
Twoist wrote:
or

a virtual pony, congrats

If you are in the market for a virtual salt lick, I know a virtual guy.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:I think I'm okay with believing in some of these without getting myself disapointed, also the Pioneer transmition one is a fun one.

This is straight up how I feel. Theories like this one and the Bowie theory are so awesome that it's cool if they don't happen.

I've definitely grown a lot as a fan following these theories and red herrings. I credit Geoghandi for making me realize that I shouldn't buy into every single thing that comes down the pipeline. But there's a lot of weird coincidences going on lately that give me positive vibes. Be optimistic about this band, but always wary.

They don't owe us anything, but someday they may just give us something. :]
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
demo wrote:I think I'm okay with believing in some of these without getting myself disapointed, also the Pioneer transmition one is a fun one.

This is straight up how I feel. Theories like this one and the Bowie theory are so awesome that it's cool if they don't happen.

I've definitely grown a lot as a fan following these theories and red herrings. I credit Geoghandi for making me realize that I shouldn't buy into every single thing that comes down the pipeline. But there's a lot of weird coincidences going on lately that give me positive vibes. Be optimistic about this band, but always wary.

They don't owe us anything, but someday they may just give us something. :]

Couldn't have said any of this better myself.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
Aaaand their Twitter likes have gone down from 293 to 287. Used to be 394 before this. They could have unliked. Or some could have deleted their tweets. (Just keeping y’all apprised).

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:Also of note: January 22nd is a Friday.

That's new-release day in North America, at least.

That date is also the anniversary for the first 747 passenger flight, in 1970.

Dayvan Cowboy
All the twitter speculation is an instant red flag for me, that nothing is going to happen. The J2021-01-22 is an interesting day. Tho, reading the old speculation topic, you can see how some folks failed. For example: 2011-11-11. That is a fantastic date, but not for a BOC realease. The album actually launched on 2013-06-09. Correct me if I;m wrong

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:All the twitter speculation is an instant red flag for me, that nothing is going to happen. The J2021-01-22 is an interesting day. Tho, reading the old speculation topic, you can see how some folks failed. For example: 2011-11-11. That is a fantastic date, but not for a BOC realease. The album actually launched on 2013-06-09. Correct me if I;m wrong

I remembered it being released June 11th... at least in the U.S.

Eagle Minded
Sometimes I think about the fact that they acknowledged they're sitting on literally dozens of hours of material and I'm sad.

Then I think of RDJ who released a shitton of pretty meh tracks on bloody soundcloud and I'm happy with BOC not releasing much if anything at all.

Boqurant
Moloch wrote:Sometimes I think about the fact that they acknowledged they're sitting on literally dozens of hours of material and I'm sad.
Then I think of RDJ who released a shitton of pretty meh tracks on bloody soundcloud and I'm happy with BOC not releasing much if anything at all.

It's a double edged sword imo. There are some really unique tracks in Richards SC dump that I seem to cherish over other more official releases. I remember when I first listened to the FoT and random tracks from BoC. I was like "ok, this is ok, but I'm gonna listen and prefer the official releases becuse they are official." Now I can't think of my favorite BoC songs without considering at least 5 songs from the leaked tapes. Really strange one gets fond of music over multiple replays.

I would kill for a BoC SC dump. Ngl.

Posts Quantity
writetomhatcher wrote:
drixlin wrote:Also of note: January 22nd is a Friday.

That's new-release day in North America, at least.

That date is also the anniversary for the first 747 passenger flight, in 1970.
January 22, 1968: America's first Lunar Module (space probe) was to be launched on this day. This module was said to be shaped like a huge bug, and weight about 16 tons. The Lunar Module would be unmanned and the plan was to send it to the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
In regards to BOC's unreleased music. I think that OT Vol 2 actually flows really well. There's some really out-there, creative short tracks on the first half and a lot of melodic, classic, rainbow-y, educational film synth-y tracks on the second half.

I think out of all three collections, OT Vol 2 works best as a cohesive release and definitely has the music closest to their classic released work.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Okay, the January 22nd theory has been my favourite theory so far.

When did BoC start amping up their likes on twitter? At first they where liking tweets that said stuff like "I love you music", but these past few months they've really been aiming for the more "please release new music" kinds of tweets, seems VERY on the nose.

I know people think the Pioneer Plaque banner they uploaded was just a hello to fans, but I cant but help feel like it's more than that. If they wanted to wave hello to fans I feel like they would use more familiar imagry, like some old unreleased art from TH or something. But the imagry I get from the Pioneer Plaque feels like an entirely new subject matter, nothing about it is familiar territory except for the turquoise hexagon and the faceless humans. The subject matter being space feels so unfamiliar to me, it's not something I would normally associate with BoC, but it also feels like a direction that would thematically make a lot of sense in their discography.

As for the fact that the banner was uploaded to the Hell Interface channel and not the BoC channel, I think that's just a way of communicating with the die hard BoC fans and not the general population, imagine if they uploaded that banner to the official BoC channel. I think people would have started going even more nuts, uploading it to the Hell Interface to me just feels like a safe way of keeping fans under control.

Also, ??????? still has not been hinted at in any way, we know now that Aphex Twin isnt releasing any new music any time soon. Some people theorise that it could be Seefeel (I would love this, as Quique is in my top 10 albums of all time). But who knows, January 22nd seems close enough away for the release date to be whatever ??????? is.

One final thing I would like to say, as it seems like every time someone posts a theory there is a lot doubt, that's okay, you can believe in whatever you want, but if you're not interested in theorising, why are you on the new release SPECULATION topic? Expect people to make posts like this here.

Happy Cycler
Six more pages to go!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada