GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I can't believe the dates didn't turn out. BoC are never releasing new music!!

Eagle Minded
kakanara wrote:I can't believe the dates didn't turn out. BoC are never releasing new music!!

Well done

Posts Quantity
At this point I'm just waiting on a direct clue from the band or Hexagon Sun.

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:I can't believe the dates didn't turn out. BoC are never releasing new music!!

This unironically happens pretty much every time a "prediction" fails though.

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:

This unironically happens pretty much every time a "prediction" fails though.

...and the cycle continues (page 813 and counting)

Sherbet Head
Twentington wrote:There is one more voyager date but you're not going to like it ;)

The outer edge of the Oort Cloud may be so distant that it take the Voyager probes 30,000 years or more to completely cross it, according to NASA. After that, in about 40,000 years, Voyager 1 could finally approach another star.

Wow, only 39,992 more to go!
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
I don't know about you guys but I feel like Voyager 7's launch seems like a promising date
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
I don't know about you guys but I feel like the heat death of the universe seems like a promising date
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded
Maybe we need to churn the cauldron and come up with a whole new storyline and set of dates. Jesus take the wheel.

Posts Quantity
Biznasty wrote:I don't know about you guys but I feel like the heat death of the universe seems like a promising date

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:
Twentington wrote:There is one more voyager date but you're not going to like it ;)

The outer edge of the Oort Cloud may be so distant that it take the Voyager probes 30,000 years or more to completely cross it, according to NASA. After that, in about 40,000 years, Voyager 1 could finally approach another star.

Wow, only 39,992 more to go!

Wonder, what my thug street going to look like after 39,992

Friendly Stranger
Sherbet Head wrote: all in all, I think it's probably best we abandon the date theory.

Eagle Minded
Yes, please no more dates. If anything they'll do something on a completely random day to throw us off
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
Literally the pioneer plaque banner was just them saying "Hi, we're still here and we exist" as in the way the real plaque was meant to say that to any other civilisations from humanity.

There's been so much chat about them being done releasing music or not even making music as BoC anymore. They were just saying hello and letting us know that's not the case in their own inimitable style.

Boqurant
Has a single date people have predicted for a BoC release ever been correct? For Geogaddi, Tomorrow's Harvest, Campfire Headphase, Trans Canada Highway, whatever. Have any of them actually been right lol?
It does feel like we're running around in circles picking out vaguely related to BoC dates and then getting disappointed when, by some unexplainable act of god, there's surprisingly nothing on that day.

Posts Quantity
all of the sudden loss of hope on recent pages here makes pretty much no sense imo.

i'm gonna pull a Cathy Newman and say:

So what you're saying is, that now the predicted Pioneer dates have passed, there is no hope or chance of anything, even though all the bizarre recent legitimate activity still happened...

i don't get it guys. i too was intrigued by those dates, but never was banking on it.

the passing of these dates means nothing other than some of you were wrong to assume that would be it..

we still have months of peculiar activity to keep in mind.
"R-Worded"

Sherbet Head
ColinWallis wrote:all of the sudden loss of hope on recent pages here makes pretty much no sense imo.

i'm gonna pull a Cathy Newman and say:

So what you're saying is, that now the predicted Pioneer dates have passed, there is no hope or chance of anything, even though all the bizarre recent legitimate activity still happened...

i don't get it guys. i too was intrigued by those dates, but never was banking on it.

the passing of these dates means nothing other than some of you were wrong to assume that would be it..

we still have months of peculiar activity to keep in mind.

They'll release when we least expect it. thing is we're constantly expecting it so maybe this is good :mrgreen:

Let's give up all hope.
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
bakedsodium wrote:Has a single date people have predicted for a BoC release ever been correct? For Geogaddi, Tomorrow's Harvest, Campfire Headphase, Trans Canada Highway, whatever. Have any of them actually been right lol?
It does feel like we're running around in circles picking out vaguely related to BoC dates and then getting disappointed when, by some unexplainable act of god, there's surprisingly nothing on that day.

No, literally no numerology prediction has ever been correct.

BoC initially announced Trans Canada Highway for 06.06.06 but then released it early. That was the closest they've ever gotten to aligning a release with any kind of significant date

None of this speculation has ever been remotely based in fact.

Nevertheless, they're still around. Strange activity is building, slowly but surely.

Posts Quantity
"R-Worded"

Boqurant
There is still record store day...
https://recordstoreday.com/
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada