GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:
rodox_head wrote:
Echelon wrote:I'm going to 2025 and when I get there, I'll order the new BOC album off Bleep. Then I'll burn some CDrs and take them back here!

Any takers? :)
While your tearing a hole in the space/time continuum, can you get me a refund on Biznasty's zine?
It's so odd that zine never came out in May. Did Twoism scare them into releasing anything short of a new album announcement? :D
Not that zine, and I don't really want to be reminded of how that turned out.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:
rodox_head wrote:
Echelon wrote:I'm going to 2025 and when I get there, I'll order the new BOC album off Bleep. Then I'll burn some CDrs and take them back here!

Any takers? :)
While your tearing a hole in the space/time continuum, can you get me a refund on Biznasty's zine?

It's so odd that zine never came out in May. Did Twoism scare them into releasing anything short of a new album announcement? :D

They were initially going to prank us with a BOC feature that simply read, "drink your Ovaltine" but when they saw the wrath of the boc fans they wisely chickened out.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Happy Voyager 1 launch anniversary!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_1
vLG = 627 +- 22 km/s >>> L =276° +- 3: b = 30° +- 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npq_yb-xLmw

Dayvan Cowboy
tumuli_stump_jumper wrote:Happy Voyager 1 launch anniversary!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_1

The infamous September 6th is tomorrow. (Neither a holiday either.)

I remember that day very well...two years ago, when the plaque was first posted. The thread increased about twenty pages.

Though much like I Feel Good, it's most likely an isolated incident to show a sign of life.

October, November and December are all free after September for releases. But 2023 is most likely the year, imo
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
23 does seem to be a relatively significant number for BoC
Ooooo, it's pink!

Dayvan Cowboy
raybshot wrote:23 does seem to be a relatively significant number for BoC
How so?

Friendly Stranger
As far as numerology goes, the number makes a few notable appearances throughout their discography— check out BoC pages and search “23”, it’ll do a lot better job explaining than I ever could.
Ooooo, it's pink!

Eagle Minded
raybshot wrote:As far as numerology goes, the number makes a few notable appearances throughout their discography— check out BoC pages and search “23”, it’ll do a lot better job explaining than I ever could.

They were obviously big fans of William S Burroughs and Robert Anton Wilson, who both discussed the 23 enigma in their work. If you want to understand the mind of BOC a bit more I would recommend the Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson.

Eagle Minded
17 13

Dayvan Cowboy
raybshot wrote:As far as numerology goes, the number makes a few notable appearances throughout their discography— check out BoC pages and search “23”, it’ll do a lot better job explaining than I ever could.
Maybe you can, because all I found were some references to track lengths ending at the 23 second mark.

Eagle Minded
Geogaddi has 23 tracks excluding the Japanese release ending. Their next album is coming out in 2023, what more do you need brodox?

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:Geogaddi has 23 tracks excluding the Japanese release ending. Their next album is coming out in 2023, what more do you need brodox?
And it would've had 22 if they didn't have they didn't have a cheeky sense of humor, but I guess the Japanese aren't part of the official BoC canon. By that logic, it could have come out in either 2015 or '17, or '18 if we make an exception for Happy Cycling, or even '16 if the Japanese are part of the equation.

Seriously, I hope you're all just effin' with me at this point.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Navaru wrote:Geogaddi has 23 tracks excluding the Japanese release ending. Their next album is coming out in 2023, what more do you need brodox?
And it would've had 22 if they didn't have they didn't have a cheeky sense of humor, but I guess the Japanese aren't part of the official BoC canon. By that logic, it could have come out in either 2015 or '17, or '18 if we make an exception for Happy Cycling, or even '16 if the Japanese are part of the equation.

Seriously, I hope you're all just effin' with me at this point.

23 is just a number to me, although I'm sure through mental arithmetics and calculators you can make it into something. It's just as real of a number as shinty-six. :wink:
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:23 is just a number to me, although I'm sure through mental arithmetics and calculators you can make it into something. It's just as real of a number as shinty-six. :wink:
phpBB [media]

Nineteen Schfifty-Five in the sunshine

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Numberwang

On a completely unrelated note, Firestarter came up on Spotify the other day and I couldn't even listen to it. Webb totally ruined that song for me. In a good way. I guess.

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Numberwang

On a completely unrelated note, Firestarter came up on Spotify the other day and I couldn't even listen to it. Webb totally ruined that song for me. In a good way. I guess.

Imagining Flint belting out "No mum, I'm not coming in for my fucking tea. You can eat it your fucking self." At Knebworth '96.

Bizarrio :lol:

Sherbet Head
And in conclusion, see you all in 20sixtyten! :P
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded

Posts Quantity
What would be interesting to see (actually from any artist) is a digitally released album/EP that slowly changes over time.

Say there's one track on the album that ends in a fadeout after 4 minutes. Slowly, it grows to 5 minutes over the space of a year, by about a second a week that's barely noticed.

Another track subtly changes the mix every day, not noticable day to day, but over the course of a year its quite a different track to the one it was on release day one.

Maybe another track with lyrics (OK, maybe not for BoC) would change one word every week until there's a totally different narrative a year later.

Other tracks change and evolve slowly in other ways.

With no announcement that this is what's going on, it would take a while for people to notice.

Maybe it's been done already, I dunno.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada