GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
They also haven’t liked any of the responses on IG

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:They also haven’t liked any of the responses on IG

I noticed that too. I'm the one who said I have blue balls..... although I doubt they would like that comment :^B

New Seed
Navaru wrote:They also haven’t liked any of the responses on IG

Probably because almost every comment is "omg new album new album :o" haha - would be giving it away if they liked the comments

Boqurant
Navaru wrote: I'm the one who said I have blue balls..... although I doubt they would like that comment :^B

i saw that one. quite a lot of likes but none from the account :wink: is the picture they posted kinda stretched? seems a bit thin here

Eagle Minded
Someone on the BoC subreddit is claiming that on r/music supposedly a “music industry insider” is saying that the monoliths are boc. According to him , the post has been made and deleted 3 separate times. I don’t buy it, but it would be cool if it was BoC
no information at this moment in time

Posts Quantity
They did like the DJ FOOD tweet in a thread about the monoliths being BOC after all. But isn’t the story about the monoliths (a tribute to an artist who passed away) already out there?

Boqurant
I haven't done much digging into the monolith story, but wasn't it confirmed that the Utah one was made around 4 years ago? Unless they played the long game here I doubt its BoC related, haha.

Dayvan Cowboy
debugDolores wrote:I haven't done much digging into the monolith story, but wasn't it confirmed that the Utah one was made around 4 years ago? Unless they played the long game here I doubt its BoC related, haha.

4 years ago was 2016 when they started liking tweets and releasing music aka remixes again. It's rumored that's when they actually started their new album/project

Not adding fuel to the fire but it's pretty funny that it was done 4 years ago
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
yea, according to satellite images the monolith was put there 2015/2016. Again i doubt it’s BoC, but man would it be cool. Finally some main stream coverage that’s for sure
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:Someone on the BoC subreddit is claiming that on r/music supposedly a “music industry insider” is saying that the monoliths are boc. According to him , the post has been made and deleted 3 separate times. I don’t buy it, but it would be cool if it was BoC

lol

Eagle Minded
The guy who said it’s them is named Grogu_ate_my_ass so take it with a mountain of salt lol

Dayvan Cowboy
I personally think it's touching that BOC fans associate the monolithe with them. Both for the supposed space themes but also their love of pagan imagery.

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it on mainstream news because I couldn't stop thinking that it was a totally BOC move even if it wasn't them. It's nice that someone is up to some BOC-esque hooliganry and it interrupts the usual dire headlines.

Posts Quantity
Roswell wrote:yea, according to satellite images the monolith was put there 2015/2016. Again i doubt it’s BoC, but man would it be cool. Finally some main stream coverage that’s for sure

You got a source for that satellite info?

Don’t think it’s BoC - but growing up reading Arthur C. Clarke - I think it’s a cool concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
PerniciousKnid wrote:You got a source for that satellite info?

Don’t think it’s BoC - but growing up reading Arthur C. Clarke - I think it’s a cool concept.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment ... -monolith/

"...the object can be seen on Google Earth, from a satellite image recorded in October 2016."

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
PerniciousKnid wrote:You got a source for that satellite info?

https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment ... -monolith/

"...the object can be seen on Google Earth, from a satellite image recorded in October 2016."
Thanks!

Also found this one...

https://www.insider.com/utah-helicopter ... rt-2020-11

Friendly Stranger
The monoliths are like a Rorschach test for mystery theories. Everyone sees what they want I’m them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
The BoC community is interesting.

On Reddit you have people still skeptical of the Instagram/Bandcamp accounts, despite confirmation from Warp and them being followed by PIC, Bleep, etc. but fully believing that BoC planted a monument in the remote Utah desert 4 years ago to announce an album coming out now.

Sherbet Head
SamuraiDrifter wrote:The BoC community is interesting.

On Reddit you have people still skeptical of the Instagram/Bandcamp accounts, despite confirmation from Warp and them being followed by PIC, Bleep, etc. but fully believing that BoC planted a monument in the remote Utah desert 4 years ago to announce an album coming out now.

:lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Gotta admit, a monolith is way cooler than an IG account.

If I didn't live through the Catherine Fell/AMKS/Adult Swim/?????? nonsense this year, I'd be a lot more gullible haha

Dayvan Cowboy
From what I've read about the brother's feelings on nature, they would never litter these shitty pieces of sheet metal and 2x4s in the beautiful desert landscape for people to come trample up to. It's aesthetically pretty WARP, but get a hold of yourselves.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada