GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Page 666

Happy Cycler
Hail Sagan!

Eagle Minded
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded

I thought I've seen these shirts for a month or two already? Also, let's get off of this page and onto 667!

Friendly Stranger
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:

I thought I've seen these shirts for a month or two already? Also, let's get off of this page and onto 667!

Yup, but looks like they're getting restocked and, above this, looks like MHTRC is getting a re-repressing?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Sherbet Head
I have never understood why Happy cycling was all of a sudden tagged on the end of the album. Ruins the flow so much. Obviously it's an amazing track but in context, it does not fit.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
dcom wrote:MHTRTC repress.

That was a great repress. It's still is. Which I have from 2013. Overall the whole LP represses felt very cool to have, as I remember. Not a fan of all their unreleased stuff, but would love to have it on the vinyl. For sure!

Friendly Stranger
Geogandhi wrote:I have never understood why Happy cycling was all of a sudden tagged on the end of the album. Ruins the flow so much. Obviously it's an amazing track but in context, it does not fit.

It's only on the digital release, the vinyl and CD versions still end with One Very Important Thought; the only exception is the Japanese 2xCD that has the Peel Session tracks on the second disc.

Posts Quantity
dcom wrote:
Geogandhi wrote:I have never understood why Happy cycling was all of a sudden tagged on the end of the album. Ruins the flow so much. Obviously it's an amazing track but in context, it does not fit.

It's only on the digital release, the vinyl and CD versions still end with One Very Important Thought; the only exception is the Japanese 2xCD that has the Peel Session tracks on the second disc.

This seems like a basic fact everyone in this thread should be aware of lol.

Sherbet Head
Er, nope. I have 2 Cd's of MHTRTC, one that I bought when it first came out and one that a mate gave me when he digitised his cd collection. Original is as it should be, in a jewel case, a later version in a cardboard cover and has Happy cycling as last track.
First link on google: https://www.amazon.in/Music-Right-Child ... B0001RVTWA

At least in the UK anyway.

Sherbet Head
writetomhatcher wrote:
This seems like a basic fact everyone in this thread should be aware of lol.

You have a weird knowitall vibe about you man, come across pretty shitty, calm down kid.

Posts Quantity
I’m sorry I gave you that vibe—on a person to person level.

Sherbet Head
Ok, cool. No actual beef man.

Posts Quantity
Peace and love everyone

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:a later version in a cardboard cover and has Happy cycling as last track.

The cardboard reissue brings back memories of freshman year in high school in 2009. I bought it because people online said it sounded like "psychedelic elevator music." I did not like the repetitive, weird hip-hop rhythms of Sixtyten and Telephasic when I heard it. I sold it a year later.

11 years later, who knew I'd be a total BOC maniac, spamming up this speculative thread with delusional nonsense haha
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
Geogandhi wrote:Er, nope. I have 2 Cd's of MHTRTC, one that I bought when it first came out and one that a mate gave me when he digitised his cd collection. Original is as it should be, in a jewel case, a later version in a cardboard cover and has Happy cycling as last track.

I stand corrected, didn't know that there are reissues (and didn't bother going through the plethora of different CD releases on Discogs until now) with that particular... inconsistency. I noticed it rather recently when a friend had bought the digital and played it through when I was visiting - it was weird to have Happy Cycling come on after the album ended, so I had to check WTF.

Posts Quantity
Happy Cycling was included as a bonus track for the 1998 US version (Matador Records) then as for the Warp version its been on every reissue since 2004, my copy also has Happy Cycling.

Usually bonus tracks don't fit the ending of an album (mostly talking about other bands or artists here), they are just thrown there as a bonus without regards to the flow, though there are times where they can be actually fitting, atleast for me it does feel that way with Geogaddi's and TCH's Japan bonus track:
From One Source All Things Depend being fitting to the themes of Geogaddi or as a final track, aswell as the fadeout in Farewell Fire on TCH until after a while Macquarie Ridge starts, I find that follow up to be quite satisfying.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
A lot of the big names (Autechre, Squarepusher, OPN, Flying Lotus, Bibio, Aphex (sorta, a reissue) Plaid) have released music in the last two years. What big names are left to be released in 2021?

I can only think of the Bros and Aphex releasing a new album. That's it really. Man, if that was the 2021 release schedule, we're going to be in for one hell of a year. We need a rebound so maybe Warp's going to give us one!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I know this is a tiny bit off topic, but considering how things have been quiet.....

I totally don't understand how everyone is going bonkers for OPN's new album. I'd like to think I'm pretty open, but my first impression is that it lacked that crunch. I also haven't been feeling the other recent Warp releases that much either.

I'll give the OPN a few more listens incase I just need more time to access it, but......

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada