GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:Finally got my blue dot on sheol boundary today

My theory: Every time they digitize and archive an old BOC track it goes up on Youtube and one day it will be unveiled.

Right now, they're on Closes Vol 6 out of 14.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
bocbocbocboc wrote:

Well, if you believe the rumors, the next album is going to be about space and humanity's exploration into the stars. Maybe humanity finally leaves Earth after destroying it.

I hope this one will be a little more optimistic. The world could use that right now.

I really can't see them doing that, it could be space themed around the realms of the space race and cold war. But future planetary colonisation??? Besides, this concept has been done loads of times in film, music etc. Their use of the photo from the film, the killing at outpost zeta for twoism already touched this subtly as the film is about a team looking for potential colony/mining planets. It's such a cliche and I believe BoC's music serves as a warning by using past events, cultural and geopolitical/historical situations. I'm sure if there is new music it will be nothing like what we expect it to be like.

Dayvan Cowboy
SamuraiDrifter wrote:(Whoop-dee-doo gesture)

Points for it being liked on a day that Warp is closed. Proving the BOC twitter is independent from Warp!

Anyway, we should be anticipating something. Lonelady is out of the way and there's nothing in the itinerary so now A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G could happen!

How about an announcement in July and a release in Sep/Oct/Nov? Get the anticipation building in the summer for a killer fall release!

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:

Points for it being liked on a day that Warp is closed. Proving the BOC twitter is independent from Warp!

Anyway, we should be anticipating something. Lonelady is out of the way and there's nothing in the itinerary so now A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G could happen!

How about an announcement in July and a release in Sep/Oct/Nov? Get the anticipation building in the summer for a killer fall release!

this was your 1234th post so the crazy part of my brain is like twitching telling me you're right lmao
"R-Worded"

Friendly Stranger
Fingers crossed...

I saw a post on the subreddit mentioning a Clayton fellow, do we know if this sounds like any real Boards stuff or if its just another copycat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v56v99RAGI
Ooooo, it's pink!

Sherbet Head
raybshot wrote:Fingers crossed...

I saw a post on the subreddit mentioning a Clayton fellow, do we know if this sounds like any real Boards stuff or if its just another copycat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v56v99RAGI

Take a wild guess. :|
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy
ColinWallis wrote:
Echelon wrote:

this was your 1234th post so the crazy part of my brain is like twitching telling me you're right lmao

It's my final prediction...at least until the next opening when Yves Tumor's new album gets announced next week :lol:

Eagle Minded
Everyone do your self a favor and go watch Peter Ian Campbells insta story (one of their photographers) it has two different spoken word pieces that have subtle boards of Canada vibes …. I don’t think it’s them but it has the vibes

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:Everyone do your self a favor and go watch Peter Ian Campbells insta story (one of their photographers) it has two different spoken word pieces that have subtle boards of Canada vibes …. I don’t think it’s them but it has the vibes

That was cool. And of course it cuts out just when the music comes in.

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:Everyone do your self a favor and go watch Peter Ian Campbells insta story (one of their photographers) it has two different spoken word pieces that have subtle boards of Canada vibes …. I don’t think it’s them but it has the vibes

He's off to the Shetland Islands, my homeland. 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
Sure sounds like something BoC could use in their music. Is Peter a confirmed member of Hexagon Sun or just a friend of the band who happens to be a photographer?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Eagle Minded
Pretty sure he’s confirmed

Eagle Minded
How can folks without an IG account see the vids?

Eagle Minded
Unfortunatly you have to make an account to do so

Boqurant
I got you Moloch:

Instagram story videos are a max of 8 or 15 seconds.
He did them over two short posts:

Vid 1:
https://bit.ly/2U9Lb3w

Continued here:
https://bit.ly/2U2vf3b

Don't think this has any BOC connection personally, as it ties more in with what Peter has been documenting over the last few years, but hey, here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Eagle Minded
There was an additonal one as well of a qoute from an author being read allowed slightly distorted with some synths.... also i feel like its tied to his current work aswell. agreed

Eagle Minded

what is his ig handle? I can't seem to find him on instagram.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada