GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
it's always sounded like it was a transitionary track that was initially written in 1998 or 1999. It has some of the eeriness of Geogaddi but with more of the airy momentum of MHTRTC. So... neither?
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Sherbet Head
I'd say Geogaddi only because it's got more of that 'enclosed' feeling. I see why MHTRTC would be considered, it has 'open' moments.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Eagle Minded
I think our best bet for a BoC release this year is late Summer. Typically there's about a month and a half waiting period between a Warp album's announcement and release, and it seems like it takes about a year from when an album is finished for it to be announced. Be poised for a June/July announcement. :shock:
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:I think our best bet for a BoC release this year is late Summer. Typically there's about a month and a half waiting period between a Warp album's announcement and release, and it seems like it takes about a year from when an album is finished for it to be announced. Be poised for a June/July announcement. :shock:

Best bet indeed! I like your thinking. Especially because OPN (Daniel Lopatin) confirmed a new album this year and most people take him seriously. So why not believe a similar confirmation from MDG last year? I'm all game for this!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
June was my prediction too. If something doesn't come by the end of the summer, I think we'll run out of excuses as to why the album could be "late."

Dayvan Cowboy
Any time now

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:OPN (Daniel Lopatin) confirmed a new album this year and most people take him seriously. So why not believe a similar confirmation from MDG last year? I'm all game for this!

When did 0PN confirm a 2023 album?
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
So, I haven't been keeping myself up to date lately.

I know of a few likes and stuff a few months back, but has anything happened lately?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

portiss wrote:So, I haven't been keeping myself up to date lately.

I know of a few likes and stuff a few months back, but has anything happened lately?

The most significant event related to the new album is this:

babylulu wrote:Image

Confirmation from MDG himself. Album soon!
source: https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=307974#p307974

And there's speculation about:
https://twitter.com/marcuseoin
https://instagram.com/marcuseoin

Dayvan Cowboy

Someone's account got hijacked by a cryptobro and a town in Ohio got Chernobyl'd.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:

The most significant event related to the new album is this:

babylulu wrote:Image

Confirmation from MDG himself. Album soon!
source: https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=307974#p307974

And there's speculation about:
https://twitter.com/marcuseoin

I had forgotten how encouraging this message was.
https://instagram.com/marcuseoin

Sherbet Head
rodox_head wrote:

Someone's account got hijacked by a cryptobro and a town in Ohio got Chernobyl'd.

Dead animals are starting to pop up in surrounding areas and they've already told residents that it's 'safe' to go home (many residents have reported headaches and dizziness after returning). Counties say it's okay to drink the water and governor says not ok. Rodox is not kidding.

Boqurant
Are we sure that PM is 100% legit? Seems something pretty easy to modify with a picture editing tool

Dayvan Cowboy
dolochov wrote:Are we sure that PM is 100% legit? Seems something pretty easy to modify with a picture editing tool

To the "hip" to tha "hop", to the "baby" to tha "lulu", this friend, it ain't no photoshop. :wink:
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/vpgmg0/some_people_were_doubting_the_authenticity_of_my/

Not exactly bar spitting, but still, boccers delight.

Dayvan Cowboy
Define "on its way"

Could be that they are still thinking about doing it to it's in a warehouse and ready.

I won't be holding my breath.

On the other hand, if they wait too long, a sizeable amount of their fans will pass away of extreme age :D
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:Dead animals are starting to pop up in surrounding areas and they've already told residents that it's 'safe' to go home (many residents have reported headaches and dizziness after returning). Counties say it's okay to drink the water and governor says not ok. Rodox is not kidding.
Tomorrow's already been harvested
dolochov wrote:Are we sure that PM is 100% legit? Seems something pretty easy to modify with a picture editing tool
Nothing is real
Magrathea wrote:On the other hand, if they wait too long, a sizeable amount of their fans will pass away of extreme age :D
or just not really care anymore
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Posts Quantity
So, record store Day? Couple of days after the mhtrtc anniversary

dolochov wrote:Are we sure that PM is 100% legit?

yes

Magrathea wrote:Define "on its way"

Could be that they are still thinking about doing it to it's in a warehouse and ready.

Sorry, but you don't say something is on its way when you're only just thinking about doing it.
On its way implies way more than that.

Eagle Minded
In this instance, I think "on its way" could be applied to any part of the process. They might've finally decided to sit down and start writing, or they might've submitted the final thing for mastering. I mean, it's been 8 months since this message, so it clearly wasn't in the 'warehouse' stage back then, but who knows, maybe it is now?!

It's a super vague statement, but it does tell us that there will be a new Boards of Canada album coming out at some point, even though some folks are still convinced that BoC are done. :roll:

Biznasty wrote:
Echelon wrote:OPN (Daniel Lopatin) confirmed a new album this year and most people take him seriously. So why not believe a similar confirmation from MDG last year? I'm all game for this!

When did 0PN confirm a 2023 album?

https://twitter.com/0PN/status/1598686156916498435

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada