GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
This just in:: Martin Boulton made a comment on the Boards of Canada fb page “something new is coming, i found out today :)
bocupdates.com :)

Friendly Stranger
Roswell wrote:This just in:: Martin Boulton made a comment on the Boards of Canada fb page “something new is coming, i found out today :)

Forgive my ignorance, but who's Martin Boulton?

Eagle Minded
drhumr wrote:
Roswell wrote:This just in:: Martin Boulton made a comment on the Boards of Canada fb page “something new is coming, i found out today :)

Founder of a label called "Touched Music"

"What if I told you that it has released music from music titans as large as Autechre, Future Sound of London and Plaid, as well as some of the most exciting talent in electronic music such as Murya, Ariadne’s Labyrinth and Keiss? And what if I told you that the home of this label – the most exciting and frankly the best IDM and electronica label in Europe – is nestled amongst the rolling hills of Pembrokeshire?? Yes, Touched Music is unlike any other label in electronic music, and I spoke to Martin Boulton, the founder and label head of Touched Music, to find out a bit more about it…"

http://www.untitled909.com/label-love-a ... hed-music/

Still need that source about the facebook post I haven't been able to find it!

Friendly Stranger
TheStatPow wrote:
drhumr wrote:

Founder of a label called "Touched Music"

"What if I told you that it has released music from music titans as large as Autechre, Future Sound of London and Plaid, as well as some of the most exciting talent in electronic music such as Murya, Ariadne’s Labyrinth and Keiss? And what if I told you that the home of this label – the most exciting and frankly the best IDM and electronica label in Europe – is nestled amongst the rolling hills of Pembrokeshire?? Yes, Touched Music is unlike any other label in electronic music, and I spoke to Martin Boulton, the founder and label head of Touched Music, to find out a bit more about it…"

http://www.untitled909.com/label-love-a ... hed-music/

Still need that source about the facebook post I haven't been able to find it!

Cheers! :)

Eagle Minded

Yeahhhh, we're going to need a source on that one, as I can't find it either (Boards FB page doesn't show any visitor posts at all).

Also, there could be some synchronicities at play...just yesterday I had an incredible flashback to the TH ARG and was reading through a bunch of the old posts and the excitement was real again. I even posted on the BoC Facebook post where, in 2012, they replied "Yes" to someone asking if a new album was coming out!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:
Josh wrote:I don’t remember this video. Can you please tell me where it fit in with the ARG?

csch transmission. a hint to the another. before the official announcement

Ah, Thanks. It's vaguely familiar and definitely worth revisiting.

Posts Quantity
It was a comment on a thread; I’ll post a screen shot in a minue

Posts Quantity

Boqurant
Oh my god.... please be true :cry: :cry: :cry:

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Q2gqoPe

Here it is!

Ohhhhhhhh, the BoC FAN page, not their official page, gotcha!

Exciting?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
drixlin wrote:
Roswell wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Q2gqoPe

Here it is!

Ohhhhhhhh, the BoC FAN page, not their official page, gotcha!

Exciting?

Yes very! Martin is pretty trusted, idk why he would lie.

Dayvan Cowboy
(I told you I was saving Ron Paul gifs)

Posts Quantity
Oh shiiiiit this is awesome news!!!!!! Would be awesome if some new material came out by year's end to make this year of music even more amazing! Or next year is good too. :P

Looked up the compilations the Touched. Label released... and holy fuck are they REEEAAALLLLLLYY LOONG. how does the mad man do this
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. Click on my other profiles under my avvie to see what I do outside of Twoism... if you can handle the stupidity.
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid

Posts Quantity
Crossing fingers for this. Warp made a lot of releases from big artists so far this year, it's just missing BoC :) But I wonder how this guy got the information.

Dayvan Cowboy
Further down the same thread...

Boqurant
If I recall correctly, this is the same guy who was (incorrectly) teasing BoC to be on one of his releases in order to boost sales. He later apologized for it, and it is for a good cause, however, I would go as far as to say he is a trustworthy source. On the other hand, he has nothing to benefit from it this time, so I'm inclined to believe him.

Eagle Minded
koroviev wrote:If I recall correctly, this is the same guy who was (incorrectly) teasing BoC to be on one of his releases in order to boost sales. He later apologized for it, and it is for a good cause, however, I would go as far as to say he is a trustworthy source. On the other hand, he has nothing to benefit from it this time, so I'm inclined to believe him.

Agreed. I wouldn't trust a word this guy says tbfh.

Boqurant
koroviev wrote:If I recall correctly, this is the same guy who was (incorrectly) teasing BoC to be on one of his releases in order to boost sales. He later apologized for it, and it is for a good cause, however, I would go as far as to say he is a trustworthy source. On the other hand, he has nothing to benefit from it this time, so I'm inclined to believe him.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is a trustworthy source, is what I meant to say.

Eagle Minded
This is what I was talking about when I said it won't take much to get us all hyped :P

Going to have to see how this all pans out - I've never been a facebook user so I've never checked out the BoC fanpage over there. I'm not qualified to comment on whether or not this fellow's comment is or is not truthful and honest in nature. It is an interesting concept, though, to appear out of nowhere with such a bold comment. Definitely at the very least this is somthing to get the juices flowing on this speculation thread. I always like to wake up and see some action over here. Time for me to grab the ol' tin foil hat. There are a few possible scenarios:

1) He heard incorrectly, and/or his "contact" heard incorrectly

2) He is trolling (it would take a special kind of troll to get a kick out of messing with BoC fans IMO)

3) He is correct about new material (speculation: possibly heard that an album is complete, may or may not know anything about a release date)

4) He is correct that "something new is coming" but we find that it isn't new music. It could be something as trivial as a new interview coming out, technically that would be something "new."

Dayvan Cowboy
This news is better than no news!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada