Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Valotonin wrote:Oh, sorry. Was mislead slightly by the "In the forest, a screen" it will be an audio broadcast.
It says that Warp will be taking over their live streams for the weekend, though.
That implies audiovisual, doesn't it?

Yeah, they mentioned videos in the mail.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Never heard of NTS Live before but a quick look on YouTube shows actual live bands.. Could they be playing live? Could be

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Beat me to it

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Moloch wrote:First post on BoC's Instagram: a story about the event. All aboard the hype train!

They have an Instagram?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Shit is getting serious! I hope they'll record all the 100 hours themselves, just like they recorded Aphex Twin live at Field Day.

Also I didn't know BoC had an IG account. This really feels like we're in for a treat.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 pm

ZosoCon wrote:
Moloch wrote:First post on BoC's Instagram: a story about the event. All aboard the hype train!

They have an Instagram?

Yes. It's void - well, there's this story and that's it. Nothing more to see.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:25 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Last edited by Mozart on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Valotonin wrote:
Roswell wrote:Please someone record everything, I work for a good portion of the stream sadly.

I promise I will have full audio. I won't publish it publicly but you and anyone else on here that missed it can inbox me for a link at such a time. It is an audiovisual event, though, yes?

I don't currently have reliable screen recording software sadly.

Wait, could this actually be the 2019 film prequel they were joking about?

THANK YOU!!

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:35 pm

This is huge. I reckon we'll see / hear more than just one or two new BoC tracks. They're mentioned first in the email i received which makes me feel like they'll play a big part in this whole thing. I expect some cryptic stuff to be dropped throughout the stream which might point towards some new stuff on the horizon. Who knows!

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Also, BoC have tweeted about it 3 times and posted to their instagram story for the first time. They obviously don't want their fans to miss this.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:42 pm

I am definitely ready to get hurt again

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:48 pm

♄ope keeper wrote:I "feel" BOC are deep at work finishing the new stuff and there will be an announcement in coming weeks...

(half year of quiet on Twitter, 6 years after TH)

BOC transmission received, BOC transmission received... :wink:

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Also on a "side note" we'll get some AFX, Autechre, post-mortem LFO, Plaid, Squarepusher... What a time to be alive!

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:53 pm

I'm not even kidding when I say I am more excited than I was when I was a child on Christmas.

Just an hour ago I was rolling on the stairmaster machine at the gym (made it to 4000 steps!) while listening to Music Has The Right To Children. I remember thinking that even though I've heard this album 200 times, it sounds more refreshing each and every time. Just like their entire oeuvre, it never gets old, it seems timeless. I started pondering about how one of these days we'll get some concrete news about new music, and I totally did not expect today to be that day. Cloud motherfucking 9.

I don't even know what to say I'm so excited. I think a lot of the fun has been spitballing with you all on this forum. We've all been daydreaming together, speculating, and all around windjamming about their music in between releases to pass the time. I am no longer on the hype train, I am on the hype space rocket and am over the moon!

Cheers everyone, we made it through one hell of a long wait :) It probably isn't going to be an album, but I think it is going to be more than enough to tide us over until that day comes. Like Whyte just said, the fact that they are mentioned first on the list alludes to the notion that they are going to be playing quite a large role in this event.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:05 pm

It is happening again.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:11 pm

I don't know why I'm not as excited as I should be

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:16 pm

^ Perhaps because we're not sure if it will be 1 track or 10 new ones. I'll take whatever I can get though, lol

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:25 pm

I just hope whatever it is gives me visions of nostalgia, rainbows, sunsets and lens flare, not an apocalypse!

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:32 pm

luminousdusk wrote:I just hope whatever it is gives me visions of nostalgia, rainbows, sunsets and lens flare, not an apocalypse!

This...

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:47 pm

In regards to the atmosphere of the content, I really like not knowing. I do secretly hope for the saturated 8mm cine film dreams, but a continuation of the topics visited in TH would be a welcome addition also.
Post a reply