GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:I kinda imagine a summer of love vibe based around the old cult, drug, mass murder vibe. The album would be a a woozy psychadelic thing all recorded/produced in the style of Love's forever changes for example..

Yes, this! I would love another feel-good album like TCH.

New Seed
I may be stretching but I feel like the song The Other Stranger by Doxa Sinitra was sort of directed towards the listeners. Just from the sampled dialogue used in it. "Maybe they're bluffing but maybe they're not" "That is what you don't know". "Should they know?" "Know what?" "....To give it a bit longer". I feel like they mixed the song in there not only because its a good song but could also relate to the current direction with the whole waiting game thing. Or whether or not they were going to release a lot of old material during the stream. Make of that what you will.

Boqurant
sett wrote:I may be stretching but I feel like the song The Other Stranger by Doxa Sinitra was sort of directed towards the listeners. Just from the sampled dialogue used in it. "Maybe they're bluffing but maybe they're not" "That is what you don't know". "Should they know?" "Know what?" "....To give it a bit longer". I feel like they mixed the song in there not only because its a good song but could also relate to the current direction with the whole waiting game thing. Or whether or not they were going to release a lot of old material during the stream. Make of that what you will.

That's actually a cool thought.

Eagle Minded
I said that too when it was happening but I didn't realise that the samples were part of the original track, I thought they added them. As soon as heard some of the lines I thought it was a message.
You could feell the bullshit

Eagle Minded
sett wrote:I may be stretching but I feel like the song The Other Stranger by Doxa Sinitra was sort of directed towards the listeners. Just from the sampled dialogue used in it. "Maybe they're bluffing but maybe they're not" "That is what you don't know". "Should they know?" "Know what?" "....To give it a bit longer". I feel like they mixed the song in there not only because its a good song but could also relate to the current direction with the whole waiting game thing. Or whether or not they were going to release a lot of old material during the stream. Make of that what you will.

I'm on board with this as well, I came up with a theory as soon as I heard them throw it in the mix. The "girl" is the album/new music the fans are after. Us fans are the detectives pursuing the case of potential new music. I'll write out the lyrics since I can't find them from searching the web. I am still unsure what the word is during the crocodile quote, but I think I narrowed it down, but if anyone can pick up on that word and what the grunting is towards the end, that would be greatly appreciated. This is a fun one, let's go:

- Excuse me, but my name is Williams.

- Okay, you said you wanted to talk; let's talk.

- You have the girl. I want her.

- As you can imagine, we're concerned for her safety. We want her returned.

- (dog barks)

- We gotta get her back!

- When she's safe, you'll be safe.

- (dog barks)

- It's not difficult, is it?

- Just keep your mouth shut.

- We are in deep trouble!

- Maybe these guys are bluffin', but maybe they're not!

- That's what you don't know! (x2)

- Do I need to call the station?

- What for?

- Just to let them know.

- Know what?

- Give it a bit longer.

- Just follow instructions, would you, pal?

- I've got three hundred hot screamin' kids waitin' to see Leo the Lizard.

- Yeah, you ever lose them all, it happens all the time.

- Sounded like a crocodile. Like a (sounds like "imputations") crocodile.

- That's what you don't know!

- I just said you should stay in bed.

- The final clue came when I saw her in the red satin sweater. She walked towards me, her hips waved a happy hello. When I noticed the run in her black silk stockings then I knew I was on the right track.

- Well, we worked it late.

- Then why don't you quit the violin music? Give it a bit longer. (x4)

- Unintelligible grunting x2 (sounds like "music did")

- I know he would never do something so wicked and God is my witness. (fades out echoing "and God is my witness" in a devilish voice)
Last edited by Mozart on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Cycler
thumbass wrote:

That's actually a cool thought.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I cannot shake the feeling that they know how ravenously analytical their fan base tends to be, so they designed Societas to appeal to our curiosity, and to poke fun at us a bit, too!

Eagle Minded
Maybe we're the 300 hot screamin' kids waiting to see Leo the Lizard.

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Maybe we're the 300 hot screamin' kids waiting to see Leo the Lizard.

Conversation probably went something along these lines at BoC HQ:

Marcus: "I know the perfect song we should use...."
Mike: "No Marcus, they don't want to see Leo the Lizard, put him away!"
Marcus: "FINE!" *ziiiiiip*
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
Nothing whatsoever to be alarmed about- but today the official BoC twitter account retweeted and liked the following article titled "10 essential @boctransmission tracks"

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... ce=twitter

Eagle Minded
^”Everything You Do Is Balloon”

Posts Quantity
Maybe boc's 70th tweet will be the album reveal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bocupdates.com :)

Dayvan Cowboy
I've been plugging a few lines from that track into subzin.com (great resource for tracking down film samples!)

So far the only one it's found is the Leo the lizard line which is from a 1984 episode of the a team. (Now I think about it, the opening titles did show Hannibal wearing some kind of reptile costume, but I wouldn't have guessed that)

Posts Quantity
Tears from the compound eye, apart of warps new playlist “daydreaming at night”
bocupdates.com :)

Eagle Minded
I believe one of the samples goes, “The doctor says you should stay in bed.” I believe it’s from the Singing Detective, might be wrong but I thought one of the nurses says that.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Boqurant
sett wrote: I feel like the song The Other Stranger by Doxa Sinitra was sort of directed towards the listeners.

Yep, i thought that too

Posts Quantity
That Billboard article they retweeted kinda alludes that there is more coming. With unraveling the mystery of unknown tracks and everything.

Eagle Minded
Anybody have any theories or speculative thoughts as of lately? Interested in hearing them even if you think they are insignificant or off the wall.

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:Anybody have any theories or speculative thoughts as of lately? Interested in hearing them even if you think they are insignificant or off the wall.

I truly believe they’ll release something next year, 2021 at the latest. There was a long time in between CH and TH as well. My newest strategy is to just not even think about it, and pop my head in here every now and then in hopes of being pleasantly surprised.

Eagle Minded
Yeah I definitely agree. I'm feeling 2020 and perhaps another remix sometime later this year. But I suppose the joy is it is we never know - it could be next month for all we know.

I must ask, out of curiosity, are you the musician Helios? Cause if so I love your music :lol:

Friendly Stranger
Mozart wrote:Yeah I definitely agree. I'm feeling 2020 and perhaps another remix sometime later this year. But I suppose the joy is it is we never know - it could be next month for all we know.

I must ask, out of curiosity, are you the musician Helios? Cause if so I love your music :lol:

With that join date I'd say yes.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada