Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:11 am

when a comet passes through the earth, as in 1923 with the tunguska bolido in Finland. In January 2020 together with the conjunction between saturn and pluto in capricorn. :D

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:24 pm

drixlin wrote:The Schrodinger's Cat of BoC clues, if you will

I like that :mrgreen:

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Scorpiosea wrote:when a comet passes through the earth, as in 1923 with the tunguska bolido in Finland. In January 2020 together with the conjunction between saturn and pluto in capricorn. :D

I like it! Let's go with that for now. xD

Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:57 pm

I want to hear their pre-song jams.... like what riffs and rhythms lead to the songs we love.... not talking about other bands or Societas x... their own jams and improv...
Or I would love to hear a completely live improv album....

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:33 am

2020. It has to be.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 am

It depends on the album. They could release Geogaddi part 2 on the 20th anniversary.

I would actually root for some late autumn release. Pardon Australia and other parts of the world there's spring. But for me November would be a perfect time for a release. something like TH part 2. But more dark. That would be nice. But it all depends on the music.

Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 pm

Been lurking a lot lately. I remember reading somewhere (and I've even seen it on some of the threads here recently) that the wait for the next album would be shorter. Does anyone remember exactly who said this? I feel like it was mdg, but then other times I swear it was said in an interview.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:05 am

vapordracula wrote:Been lurking a lot lately. I remember reading somewhere (and I've even seen it on some of the threads here recently) that the wait for the next album would be shorter. Does anyone remember exactly who said this? I feel like it was mdg, but then other times I swear it was said in an interview.

I'm pretty sure MDG also said that the next release would be the BOC-Set. In all honesty I don't think it will be, and I also think that for the 20th of Geogaddi they will probably do something similar to the MHTRTC 20th lithograph which for Geogaddi would be super cool. But I am hoping their next release will be similar to Geogaddi, With the dark tones and mysteriousness without the feeling that TH had. TH was good but it was a way different experience than Geogaddi imo. In the end Im putting my money on 2020 (November would be great like arvy said!). Maybe even something for the IABPOITC Anniversary

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:36 am

Roswell wrote:
vapordracula wrote:Been lurking a lot lately. I remember reading somewhere (and I've even seen it on some of the threads here recently) that the wait for the next album would be shorter. Does anyone remember exactly who said this? I feel like it was mdg, but then other times I swear it was said in an interview.

I'm pretty sure MDG also said that the next release would be the BOC-Set. In all honesty I don't think it will be, and I also think that for the 20th of Geogaddi they will probably do something similar to the MHTRTC 20th lithograph which for Geogaddi would be super cool. But I am hoping their next release will be similar to Geogaddi, With the dark tones and mysteriousness without the feeling that TH had. TH was good but it was a way different experience than Geogaddi imo. In the end Im putting my money on 2020 (November would be great like arvy said!). Maybe even something for the IABPOITC Anniversary
I can't seem to find who said it though. And I'm not sure about geogaddi part 2. I don't think they like to retread old territory

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:38 am

Honestly no idea where this talk of a Geogaddi Part II came from either.
It doesn't sound likely, but that is just me.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:57 pm

vapordracula wrote:
Roswell wrote:

I can't seem to find who said it though. And I'm not sure about geogaddi part 2. I don't think they like to retread old territory

It would be twisted as hell if they make Geogaddi part 2.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Valotonin wrote:Honestly no idea where this talk of a Geogaddi Part II came from either.
It doesn't sound likely, but that is just me.
Same here. Something different, please.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:04 pm

It's just some speculation because the 20th anniversary of Geo isn't too far away. I'd be shocked if they made a "sequel" album - Doesn't sound like something they would ever want to do. Would be totally out of character.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 am

one word: progression

Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:50 pm

I hope they're more active next decade. All I can ask really.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:01 pm

I imagine it will be something along the lines of their most recent work.... there newest remixes... and Societas X.... they threw in somere relatively newer artists they like that still sound a lot like them but in more extreme ways... although they always like to change it up so who knows.... I am still hoping for something really raw and gritty like basefree, or audio 07A from random 35 track tape... or even that really dark psychedelic techno they threw into Societas X... that was rad.... I also see their YouTube channel is “linked” to Meat Beat Manifesto’s channel as another one of their channels... has anyone else ever noticed this?? There is another titled The4GER and carrierfreQ..... are they connected to these guys somehow??? I mean besides their remix.....

Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:24 am

Soul_Slip wrote:I imagine it will be something along the lines of their most recent work.... there newest remixes... and Societas X.... they threw in somere relatively newer artists they like that still sound a lot like them but in more extreme ways... although they always like to change it up so who knows.... I am still hoping for something really raw and gritty like basefree, or audio 07A from random 35 track tape... or even that really dark psychedelic techno they threw into Societas X... that was rad.... I also see their YouTube channel is “linked” to Meat Beat Manifesto’s channel as another one of their channels... has anyone else ever noticed this?? There is another titled The4GER and carrierfreQ..... are they connected to these guys somehow??? I mean besides their remix.....

Both are projects by Jack Dangers who is apart of MBM.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Roswell wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:I imagine it will be something along the lines of their most recent work.... there newest remixes... and Societas X.... they threw in somere relatively newer artists they like that still sound a lot like them but in more extreme ways... although they always like to change it up so who knows.... I am still hoping for something really raw and gritty like basefree, or audio 07A from random 35 track tape... or even that really dark psychedelic techno they threw into Societas X... that was rad.... I also see their YouTube channel is “linked” to Meat Beat Manifesto’s channel as another one of their channels... has anyone else ever noticed this?? There is another titled The4GER and carrierfreQ..... are they connected to these guys somehow??? I mean besides their remix.....

Both are projects by Jack Dangers who is apart of MBM.

I just find it a little bit odd that they have their channels physically connected as though it is their other channel.... aside from their remix, I know of no other connection to them... and why wouldn’t they connect their channel to any other remix artist? I wonder if they have done production work maybe...

Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Ok so I got an update from Bleep itself on the state of WXAXRXP itself and the bleepstore: https://imgur.com/a/uOWzgeX

Even with the release of these WARP sessions, the festivities are still not over. The WXAXRXP Bleepstore https://wxaxrxp.bleepstores.com/?lang=fr) is a placeholder for another site.

What's on this new site is anybody's guess.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:33 am

Anyone hear about this: https://beatink.com/products/detail.php ... t_id=10616

Some kind of 30th WARP anniversary book with interviews from Boards of Canada. I don't think they're new but perhaps they're ones not listed on Bocpages.

From shitty google translate:

<WARP RECORDS> finally celebrated its 30th anniversary this year, producing a number of cutting-edge artists and continuing to make incredible achievements in the history of music. Various events are held with the keyword “WXAXRXP”, next week !!! (tick tic tic), square pusher, one autolix point never, vibio, and battles Come to Japan without (or at the same time). A mook featuring the great history of <WARP>, which revolutionized electronic music, in front of an exciting two-week tour of four cities in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka over eight days. The book “Ele-king Warp 30” is now on sale!

Over 272 pages of fan appraisal, including more than 30 re-recorded “ele-king” and “remix” from the 90s, 00s and 10s.

Interview published
LFO / Nightmares On Wax / Aphex Twin / Autechre / The Black Dog / Plaid / Boards Of Canada / Two Lone Swordsmen / Squarepusher / Clark / Prefuse 73 / !!! (Chk Chk Chk) / Flying Lotus / Oneohtrix Point Never / Brian Eno other

In addition, the staff talks about Warp's 30-year history, introduction of hidden name boards, discography, etc. One book for the family, a treasure version to know <WARP> deeply!

Along with the release of the latest Battles release "Juice B Crypts" on October 11th, the <WARP> 30th anniversary campaign is currently in progress at the record shop store! Get an original knapsack!
Post a reply