GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Valotonin wrote:It could also be us misremembering (is that not a word? Spellcheck could only suggest 'dismembering' which isn't quite the one) it in unison, but given the details that are recollected, that seems unlikely somehow.


I mean one of them did say that they'd make a more melodic album (Oh I hope!) next time around. I don't know if that counts.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 342
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The North
Yeah I hope so... another song or two like “IABPOITC” or Amo Bishop Roden would be awesome. I also like Mr. Mistake instrumental was also really melodic, although that song makes me feel a little sad haha like “it’s too late and there is nothing we can do”... lol
Although that was probably it’s intention.. still a masterpiece

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Roswell wrote:Just thought I'd put out my predictions, not sure if i already have but gotta keep this thread alive!!

2019: Some smaller releases for Warp30 anniversary, they'll definitely put out something for this.

2020: BoC set hopefully, MDG did say that it would be after the next release, which was TH, so hopefully thats whats coming next, regardless-something big should be coming in 2020.

2022: Geogaddi 20th anniversary, we will all feel very sad and old. but hey maybe another lithograph print!


So far Roswell's prediction in February was right! Sure enough we got something for Warp 30.

I'm willing to bet on the other two too. I mean 2022 is a given, but I have a good feeling about 2020. Just a bunch of weird little things seem to hint at it

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Nov 2017
Location: Toronto, Canada
Nice! Yeah some info or an announcement would be great. So far, my old predictions look like they were off the mark a bit:

- Announcement of a new album in 2019
- New album release in 2020

C'est la vie! :(

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2105
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
The music is being made, although I want to get back into the excitement of new release predictions etc.
Someone throw some clues at me! I could use something to look forward to just now anyway.

Where is Opothocary these days?

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Valotonin wrote:The music is being made, although I want to get back into the excitement of new release predictions etc.
Someone throw some clues at me! I could use something to look forward to just now anyway.

Where is Opothocary these days?


1. "Give it a bit longer"
2. Warp 30 Bleep Store is a placeholder for something else
3. "Something else" is written on some boxes next to the Warp 30 boxsets
4. Sample clearance for XYZ means that they might have done other sample clearances. Also BOC are looking at their past unreleased music

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2105
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
Echelon wrote:
1. "Give it a bit longer"
2. Warp 30 Bleep Store is a placeholder for something else
3. "Something else" is written on some boxes next to the Warp 30 boxsets
4. Sample clearance for XYZ means that they might have done other sample clearances. Also BOC are looking at their past unreleased music


I wasn't aware of the "something else" - Interesting!
What is the context behind the Warp30 Bleep Store?

Other than that, I was aware (somewhere back in my memory), but had disregarded the other two points, so thank you for making a believer out of me again.

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Valotonin wrote:
Echelon wrote:
1. "Give it a bit longer"
2. Warp 30 Bleep Store is a placeholder for something else
3. "Something else" is written on some boxes next to the Warp 30 boxsets
4. Sample clearance for XYZ means that they might have done other sample clearances. Also BOC are looking at their past unreleased music


I wasn't aware of the "something else" - Interesting!
What is the context behind the Warp30 Bleep Store?

Other than that, I was aware (somewhere back in my memory), but had disregarded the other two points, so thank you for making a believer out of me again.


https://wxaxrxp.bleepstores.com/?lang=fr Bleep told me that this here is a stand in for another site.

And glad to help!

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
I might be misremembering this, but didn't cLOUDDEAD say something about new BoC a while back as a Facebook comment?

I don't like getting my hopes up, but I'm starting to feel confident that there's something right around the corner. Hell, we even got a new Half-Life game announced this week, so who knows.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2105
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
~nick wrote:I might be misremembering this, but didn't cLOUDDEAD say something about new BoC a while back as a Facebook comment?

I don't like getting my hopes up, but I'm starting to feel confident that there's something right around the corner. Hell, we even got a new Half-Life game announced this week, so who knows.


I seem to recall similar. That was a little while ago now, but relevant nonetheless.
I would imagine the release is mostly done at this point and that they are just in the process of arranging track order and polishing it (you know, making it sound more polish). Pure speculation, though. I hope we get more interludes between tracks akin to Campfire Headphase (but entirely different) this time.

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Some people were saying that the something else was a new squarepusher album or single but warp just announced a single for Dec 6th and an album on Jan 31st so it's not that.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2105
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
What is with the "116 guests" currently viewing the site?
Is that right?

Edit: Up to 150 now

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2105
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
I recall that it has been that way for a while, but there isn't really anything different about now to the last few years in terms of releases. 35-ish was approximately what I was used to seeing. Is it just the time elapsed between releases causing speculation and thus board monitoring?

New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Apr 2019
Location: MI
2020

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2105
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
sett wrote:2020

Fair enough, quite a few people think that next year will be the year. There is enough evidence to suggest that an album is nearing completion. Are these people literally waiting for new years 2020, though?

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Valotonin wrote:What is with the "116 guests" currently viewing the site?
Is that right?

Edit: Up to 150 now

WARP are dispatching a monitoring team who read our speculation posts. A single hot take on here amounts to a day of the new release being delayed.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2105
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
~nick wrote:WARP are dispatching a monitoring team who read our speculation posts. A single hot take on here amounts to a day of the new release being delayed.


This sounds like the most likely scenario :mrgreen:

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Joined: 19 Jun 2015
~nick wrote:A single hot take on here amounts to a day of the new release being delayed.

You meant to say a month, right ?
Image

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 211
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
~nick wrote:
Valotonin wrote:What is with the "116 guests" currently viewing the site?
Is that right?

Edit: Up to 150 now

WARP are dispatching a monitoring team who read our speculation posts. A single hot take on here amounts to a day of the new release being delayed.


I better stop then. :lol:

I think I've become the replacement for Opothcary, even though I can barely count.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 291
Joined: 23 May 2013
People will have seen that pic with the secret "something else" boxes and thought "BOC OMG" rushed over here to see if anyone knows anything. No one does so they leave after a while. Turns out a Squarepusher album is announced and his bleepstore pops up.
Mystery solved. Also means that BoC won't be this year with a big artist havin some limelight.
SP new track is rad btw.
You could feell the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests