Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:50 pm

City-17 soundtrack incoming

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 pm

February third, just a few weeks before 02/20/2020. If something were to happen, I guess we should start hearing about The Bros soon. Unless they decide to give us a surprise on the exact same release day, but I don't know if no anticipation would help promote the album, considering that probably a good amount of albums are projected to be released on such a beautiful (and Geogaddistic) date.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 pm

I think the material is already out there online somewhere. This time I believe it is an unannounced treasure hunt, and that you'll likely find it on youtube or soundcloud. I genuinely believe this.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:00 am

Sl Flk wrote:I think the material is already out there online somewhere. This time I believe it is an unannounced treasure hunt, and that you'll likely find it on youtube or soundcloud. I genuinely believe this.

I believe something still needs to be done with newcleardawn

They wouldn't be paying for a domain just for a funny joke would they? :oops:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:34 pm

You're probably right. The domain name expires this year and they've held it for years!

The symbology on the page is just too much and will likely trigger my obsession. I can't be bothered to play their games anymore. I honestly thought I'd found their new material, but maybe I just made a fool of myself :) - I shall just wait patiently and get on with life and my own music.

Updated Date: 2018-03-16T15:27:59.000Z
Creation Date: 2005-10-28T23:55:34.000Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-10-28T23:55:34.000Z

In the mean time, have a listen to this. This was a lovely find. Simple, but really really nice.

https://couriersound.bandcamp.com/album/create

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:45 pm

If I were to let my schizophrenic side do the talking. I'd say that the website indicates that November 2020 will be the start of something nuclear happening. Possibly Seattle, US in November 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Interesting. Tho, I think that sudden release in February without any campaign would be the biggest mindfuck. It would be very interesting to see their next release in deep autumn release. Possibly again some US upcoming global themes on the album. It's like the the dawning picture of San Francisco in the Tomorrow's Harvest artwork. Which that evokes in our mind that something big is coming. Tho, we are still in this short peacefull state.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Hey guys, I'm back. What'd I miss?

I was all tired from being so hyped last year and nothing happening in regards to new material, but I listened to headphase and yep, it's still one of my all time favorite electronica albums. Very cozy to listen to while gazing at the grey skies of winter.

Geogaddi's anniversary is this month and Beautiful Place Out In The Country is turning 20 this year too. I'm setting aside money for whatever anniversary product they turn out. I still say a lithograph of the cover would look awesome.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 pm

Echelon wrote:Hey guys, I'm back. What'd I miss?

I was all tired from being so hyped last year and nothing happening in regards to new material, but I listened to headphase and yep, it's still one of my all time favorite electronica albums. Very cozy to listen to while gazing at the grey skies of winter.

Geogaddi's anniversary is this month and Beautiful Place Out In The Country is turning 20 this year too. I'm setting aside money for whatever anniversary product they turn out. I still say a lithograph of the cover would look awesome.

For geogaddi's anniversary listen to it back to back Foward and Backward. Maybe backward first? Quite the experience!

Repeat the process an entire day ... maybe you'll get the true feel of the album .. whoknows :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:40 pm

TheStatPow wrote:
Echelon wrote:Hey guys, I'm back. What'd I miss?

For geogaddi's anniversary listen to it back to back Foward and Backward. Maybe backward first? Quite the experience!

Repeat the process an entire day ... maybe you'll get the true feel of the album .. whoknows :mrgreen:

A funny story about Geogaddi happened to me recently. I lent my friend a copy and we listened to 1969 in his old car. When it got to the female voice going "1969 in the sunshine" it sounded like it was reverberating from inside his dashboard. It scared the shit out of him.

Neither of us use any kind of pharmaceutical aid but I could only imagine how terrifying that would be to someone tripping. Just to be hearing a desensitized robot voice coming from inside the car. I seriously love this because it just adds to Geogaddi. That was the exact kind of record they intended it to be.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:57 am

https://youtu.be/55ZJuJ1O5NI

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:02 am

When listening to 1969 on dolby Pro logic II the 1969 in the sunshine voice comes out of the rear speakers, it's really cool and geogaddi is definitely worth a listen on pro logic!

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:04 pm

luminousdusk wrote:When listening to 1969 on dolby Pro logic II the 1969 in the sunshine voice comes out of the rear speakers, it's really cool and geogaddi is definitely worth a listen on pro logic!

Is there a home speaker system thread somewhere? I am in the market for a new setup. I am very interested in how others have come to a good solution to their listening party. Like, what did you arrive to that sounds really good etc..

I haven't been around for awhile and I guess there is no new news, no new news about a new album.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:06 am

It does not matter, every single bit of gear will colour the sound in it's own way. No one will ever hear the music exactly as it is, not even BoC. Best thing to do is choose some half decent amp and speakers that have a good freq range and get used to listening to them. As long as you have a setup that is not hiding anything from your ears then it's all subjective to what sounds better anyway.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:32 pm

With zero jokes. Laptop + my Grado open heapdhones. I was listening to BOC cd's while my old JVC soudsytem was still working. But not anymore. I love to listen to BOC through my macbook cause you can unplug it from the electricity. Completely shut down the the screen. And just listen. It is very quite.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:30 am

Just a random thought but I wonder what changed between this wait (2013-2020) and the wait for Tomorrow's Harvest (2006-2013) where back then, the fans were constantly being reassured that something was coming and now where it's mostly radio silence.

I guess they assume now fans are used to the long waits where in the late 2000s, BOC just stopped releasing stuff on a semi-regular schedule and people panicked.

I think that's the most positive way to look at it. The TH wait was there to break fans in and now it's kind of like, "8-9 years, you know the drill."

In all honesty, I think that the day they actually drop something the reactions going to be even bigger since we literally have no idea what they're doing. New album, giant boxset, break up announcement, (God, I hope not but you never know with them) the day something happens it's probably going to be a new holiday for BOC fans. I guess we just have to relax and let that day come. ;)

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Breakup announcement? I imagine them leaving the stage the stealthy way by just not saying anything (it's their MO for pretty much anything music-related anyway).

Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:47 pm

Moloch wrote:Breakup announcement? I imagine them leaving the stage the stealthy way by just not saying anything (it's their MO for pretty much anything music-related anyway).

I thought this too.

https://igloomag.com/features/will-ther ... da-release

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:04 pm

Moloch wrote:Breakup announcement? I imagine them leaving the stage the stealthy way by just not saying anything (it's their MO for pretty much anything music-related anyway).

I guess that's true. The only reason I don't think they've broken up now is because of their participation in WXAXRXP and the release of XYZ.

Definitely hints that they're quietly alive 6 years later. I guess all the likes on twitter about a new album over the years could count to if you don't think that it's just some intern doing it.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:35 pm

Sl Flk wrote:

I thought this too.

https://igloomag.com/features/will-ther ... da-release

Thanks, interesting read!

Though I don't believe they will stop creating and releasing music. Why would they? I can't think of any reason they would. There could be so many genuine concepts about life, society, etc. still to be explored by them musically.
Post a reply