GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 672
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Mozart wrote:There's also no way that BoC didn't watch this today I'd imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFocqVe3NuM


Societas X … Space X

Haha kidding :P

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Location: Scotland
Sl Flk wrote:All we know is the cloud. All there is, is the cloud. Lol. I've changed my mind. I am shit scared of all this.


That sounds terrifying.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 418
Joined: 2 Jun 2012
Location: Netherlands
Valotonin wrote:
Mozart wrote:There's also no way that BoC didn't watch this today I'd imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFocqVe3NuM


Probably, although from a negative or positive perspective is open to debate.
I would suggest the former of the two but far be it from me to claim to know.

I don't trust that Musk, he's a Bond villain with potentially evil contraptions and plans for humanity.


That Musk guy might be intelligent, but that doesn't mean he is wise. He thinks it's a good idea to use technology to get even further removed from our essence as human beings... Instead of adding anything to ourselves in the future to solve problems that are created by our mistaken identity, maybe, just maybe it might be a good idea to actually connect with our true nature right now and stop this whole fucking madness that we see in the world?

It baffles me that so many people in the world don't see this. Wake the fuck up already.
"I do actually believe that there are powers in music that are almost supernatural. I think you actually manipulate people with music, and that is definitely what we are trying to do."

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 776
Joined: 4 Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Gazebo4 wrote:
Valotonin wrote:
Mozart wrote:There's also no way that BoC didn't watch this today I'd imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFocqVe3NuM


Probably, although from a negative or positive perspective is open to debate.
I would suggest the former of the two but far be it from me to claim to know.

I don't trust that Musk, he's a Bond villain with potentially evil contraptions and plans for humanity.


That Musk guy might be intelligent, but that doesn't mean he is wise. He thinks it's a good idea to use technology to get even further removed from our essence as human beings... Instead of adding anything to ourselves in the future to solve problems that are created by our mistaken identity, maybe, just maybe it might be a good idea to actually connect with our true nature right now and stop this whole fucking madness that we see in the world?

It baffles me that so many people in the world don't see this. Wake the fuck up already.


Thank you.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 418
Joined: 2 Jun 2012
Location: Netherlands
Torn n Frayed wrote:Thank you.


The road to hell is paved with good intentions ;)

What is a utopia for one person, is a nightmare for another. This is no way to fix the world.
"I do actually believe that there are powers in music that are almost supernatural. I think you actually manipulate people with music, and that is definitely what we are trying to do."

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 423
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The North
June 9th.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Location: Virginia, USA
Happy June 9th everyone!

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 672
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
I listened to Geogaddi to celebrate and it still sounds fresh after all these years. It's the definitive BOC album for me!

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 246
Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Location: Davenport, IA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMy8CsvVlU
posted yesterday to the official BoC youtube.

nothing really too interesting, but thought I'd share.
MUSIC70INTHEHOSUE

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Location: Scotland
Roswell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMy8CsvVlU
posted yesterday to the official BoC youtube.

nothing really too interesting, but thought I'd share.


Auto-generated. Same thing happened with Aphex Twin's Vordhosbn yesterday from Peggy Gou's DJ-Kicks mix.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Joined: 19 Feb 2014
https://youtu.be/TSfD758BeEU

From the BOC subreddit. Does anyone know something about Chris Cunningham playing BOC live?

Edit: reddit link https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... nreleased/

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 191
Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Yes, two videos have surfaced the Internet from other people. New BoC material on the way?

Chris:
phpBB [media]


Lone:
phpBB [media]

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 344
Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Location: Somewhere
huh, maybe it's an alternate version of the invocation video?

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 4467
Joined: 1 Dec 2005
I doubt there is a connection between the two videos.

That said, what is the deal with the Chris Cunningham one? I feel like it has been posted here in the past, but I am not positive.

Is it from a BoC live set that is not currently floating around the internet? It sounds like there are extra elements in A Is To B As B Is To C that have not been present before. Also, that ending portion with the narration about clouds or whatever (with PC playing in the background) is extremely badass.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Joined: 3 May 2020
It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 450
Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
NorthernPlastics wrote:It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.


exactly, there are snippets at the beginning and end that we've never heard! exciting times

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jul 2018
Location: United Kingdom
mechanismj wrote:That said, what is the deal with the Chris Cunningham one? I feel like it has been posted here in the past, but I am not positive.

Is it from a BoC live set that is not currently floating around the internet? It sounds like there are extra elements in A Is To B As B Is To C that have not been present before. Also, that ending portion with the narration about clouds or whatever (with PC playing in the background) is extremely badass.

I asked the person who posted the video, it's from a live show Chris Cunningham did in 2011, the footage is from now-deleted Youtube uploads. I've asked if he could possibly reupload more of it.

NorthernPlastics wrote:It's important to remember that quote from Chris where he stated that the brothers gave him an hour and a half or so of unreleased music (of which he took Invocation for the Telecom Italia ad). This unlisted video is from one of his art displays or something of that sort, so my guess is that he basically just played that unreleased music over the images. For that reason, I really hope more footage of the event gets uploaded at some point. Besides the Invocation part, the footage is bookended by BoC music that I don't recognize at all, which is rare.

This is definitely an alternative cut of Invocation, there are additional shots which weren't in either Invocation or the Telecom Italia ad. It could be possible though that the sounds from the weird dog part and the documentary narration has nothing to do with Boards and is something Chris Cunningham spliced in himself.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Joined: 3 May 2020
sixtyniner wrote:It could be possible though that the sounds from the weird dog part and the documentary narration has nothing to do with Boards and is something Chris Cunningham spliced in himself.


I thought about that. It's certainly possible with Chris, but, at the same time, the mixing and everything sounds a little too good to be a project of just editing together some sounds. I would maybe argue that he edited down some of the BoC unreleased material into a shorter amount of time? Can't say for sure, obviously, but the quality and style of sound is that of the brothers to my ears

Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 144
Joined: 12 Jul 2019
Don't say!! OMG ... I just had the most unbelievable thought. When lockdown is over, are they preparing a live tour, and Chris Cunningham is doing the visualS? I think they are.

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 107
Joined: 29 Jan 2018
Location: Switzerland
Sl Flk wrote:Don't say!! OMG ... I just had the most unbelievable thought. When lockdown is over, are they preparing a live tour, and Chris Cunningham is doing the visualS? I think they are.

that would be the tits so its not gonna happen lol.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests