An introduction


phpBB [media]


GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 8411
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Credit where credit is due, at least Geoghandi had the guts to hold up hands and admit/apologise.

There are others that could learn a thing or two from that.
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 433
Joined: 23 May 2013
Cheers man but i'd never apologise for doing it, I know I did say sorry in jest. It was fun and no intention of making a legit fake and I didn't waste my own music or integrity, I mean, listen to it was meant to be shite. But yeah, I did have a few crisis of morality along the way because some people got into it but surprisingly I got less hate than I thought i would have.
I really don't mind though, if any of it offended you, please just call me out on it, it's all good. Although, it seems I might be protesting too much ha.
Anyway, I need to finish this Ae fake off asap.
You could feel the bullshit

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Definition of coincidence
1 : the act or condition of coinciding.
2 : the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 82
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
flyinthepool wrote:
About the bigdimitri post, I have always thought of Julie and Candy when I listened to the bass in that glamrocky song from Societas X and was sure that was the reason they put it on the tape. When I listened again to the song I heard a hi pitched bass note repeated in one segment of the song and I can hear something very similar in the live recording of Julie and Candy. Maybe sampled and modulated in some way.


Was this your comment flyinthepool?


Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 225
Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Location: Davenport, IA
koroviev wrote:
Roswell wrote:
drixlin wrote:I like the thinking of a post a few back regarding how BoC would likely be Q1 2021 at the earliest with Autechre album coming out soon. This little trickle of official activity on social media wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for getting engagement leading up to...something, but just not yet.

Agreed, as many here have said it's just not smart from a business perspective to have your two biggest names putting out records at a similar time. The only thing that goes against this is Exai and Tomorrows Harvest, which were released only 4 months apart. I'm not too confident that will happen again tho. Hoping for 2020, but reality atm is looking a lot like 2021 or beyond.


Pretty sure Aphex Twin is the biggest name on Warp.


definitely, don't know how he slipped my mind...
MUSIC70INTHEHOSUE

Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Joined: 8 Oct 2017
PerniciousKnid wrote:
flyinthepool wrote:
About the bigdimitri post, I have always thought of Julie and Candy when I listened to the bass in that glamrocky song from Societas X and was sure that was the reason they put it on the tape. When I listened again to the song I heard a hi pitched bass note repeated in one segment of the song and I can hear something very similar in the live recording of Julie and Candy. Maybe sampled and modulated in some way.


Was this your comment flyinthepool?


Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nope, I discovered it from your post. But I was happy to hear it and get it confirmed that the connection between those songs was not only in my head. I havnt listened to Societas X for a while now but I think there was one or two other songs where I felt that it was like a hint towards BoC songs. That song is still unconfirmed of whos behind it right? In a BoC context Julian makes me think of Julian Cope. I havnt really listened to his music but it doesnt sound like something he would be involved in, does it?
Last edited by flyinthepool on Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 345
Joined: 6 Aug 2012
Location: Wales
People losing their shit over a banner. Insert “Pissing self Get a life emoji”

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Joined: 15 Aug 2020
I love BoC and want a new album too but don't you think you're taking things a little too far?

Image

User avatar
New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Sep 2020
No, I believe the anticipation is warranted. It's pretty clear they are trying to get our attention. The Instagram activity and updated images to Hell Interface's channel is clearly signaling something. They know that their fans are paying attention to every detail and would read into this type of activity that something's coming down the pike. If not, that would be incredibly neglectful.

I suspect the next Instagram post will be pretty significant.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Geogandhi wrote:Cheers man but i'd never apologise for doing it, I know I did say sorry in jest. It was fun and no intention of making a legit fake and I didn't waste my own music or integrity, I mean, listen to it was meant to be shite. But yeah, I did have a few crisis of morality along the way because some people got into it but surprisingly I got less hate than I thought i would have.
I really don't mind though, if any of it offended you, please just call me out on it, it's all good. Although, it seems I might be protesting too much ha.
Anyway, I need to finish this Ae fake off asap.


If it means anything, I'm both really gullible and I legitimately wanted to believe. I had fun checking in everyday and seeing the new clues and hoping it would lead to something legitimate. I think the reason I wasn't mad when you rick rolled us, is because I have a lot of unharvested energy to devote to these guys (They're my favorite group as I've said tons of before) and it helped get some of it out.

Fortunately, the banner dropped like a week after you revealed yourself, so I actually thank you for using up like two weeks before that. For all we know, this could have been a nice opening act for a real show happening sooner than we think. (Early next year sounds good but we also have the 13th of November which is the anniversary of A Beautiful Place Out In The Country.)

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 433
Joined: 23 May 2013
I wish people wouldn't lord it over others regarding this stuff, some think that some things are significant and others believe you're mad and it's all nothing. It does not matter though.
The good thing about fandom is that we are all equal, no if's, no buts, unless you are friends with BoC personally, you know nothing. We are all in the same boat, all have the same information, we are all on the same level, no one is leading, no one is following, no one is better than anyone else. We're all different though and we choose what we want to feel or do with the info that is presented to us.
Remember, all your posts are recorded and some of you are flip flopping around, being caught up in things then the next claiming that you're above it all. That's fine but don't try to degrade others to make yourself feel better. Lets all get along, have a laugh, take the piss without malice and superiority complexes.
Don't worry I see the irony in my post.
You could feel the bullshit

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
From what I'm seeing on Instagram, it seems they're building up momentum. BOC are one of the few groups I feel that can generate interest and people talking with simple likes because of their infamous lack of presence otherwise.

If I'm to venture a guess, it's going to reach a crescendo (a release or new website maybe?) of some sort over the coming months. People who think BOC are above that kind of stuff, well, internet runs our lives nowadays, and in a way this "campaign" can be seen as a commentary of that. That or it could just be bringing forth the goodwill that many have towards the group.

Either way, I endorse what they're doing on social media. My friend was ecstatic when "they" or Warp liked his post and I have a feeling that accounts for a lot of people.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Aug 2020
Debates aside, anyone care to bet on when the next IG (Currently 4, the number of BOC LPs) and Twitter (Currently 69) posts might come? All I know is they got their tweets up to 69 and then they started with the IG posts and liking later on—I can see them coming back for that sixtytenth tweet on the same day of their 5th IG post.

Monday 9/21/2020 seems like a promising date, considering it adds up to 70–would be a fitting day for that 70th tweet. That is also the last day of summer.

Obviously 10/20/2020 would also work, and there was almost a full month since the 2nd and 3rd IG posts, but it feels like we’re on the cusp if something, and making an announcement the week of the Autechre SIGN release seems cluttered.

So, debates aside, what date do you have an eye on for the next BOC transmission?

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
writetomhatcher wrote:Debates aside, anyone care to bet on when the next IG (Currently 4, the number of BOC LPs) and Twitter (Currently 69) posts might come? All I know is they got their tweets up to 69 and then they started with the IG posts and liking later on—I can see them coming back for that sixtytenth tweet on the same day of their 5th IG post.

Monday 9/21/2020 seems like a promising date, considering it adds up to 70–would be a fitting day for that 70th tweet. That is also the last day of summer.

Obviously 10/20/2020 would also work, and there was almost a full month since the 2nd and 3rd IG posts, but it feels like we’re on the cusp if something, and making an announcement the week of the Autechre SIGN release seems cluttered.

So, debates aside, what date do you have an eye on for the next BOC transmission?


I know that they've had 69 posts for a very long time, so it's uncertain when they'll finally post the 70th post. The IG's been posting a lot faster though. It's been liking a lot faster too.

While I don't know if there's going to be a specific date (the ones you listed are promising tho) I have a feeling they are coordinating things with the fifth IG post and 70th Twitter post.

Perhaps a new website link will be posted on both at the same time. MDG said a long time ago (late 2015) that they'll have a website up at some point in addition to news on what they're doing. Perhaps that's what we're building to. Also judging the amount of time it's taking to get a website up, (if they're still doing that) maybe they'll be a special treat on it. I theorized a digitalized archive of tracks we've never heard before.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Aug 2020
Echelon wrote:Perhaps a new website link will be posted on both at the same time. MDG said a long time ago (late 2015) that they'll have a website up at some point in addition to news on what they're doing. Perhaps that's what we're building to.


I saw that post by MDG and wasn't sure that was still a thing, haha, but that is good to keep in mind. I think the posts will include a short music video with the website link at the end. I wonder if it will be something fan made or a snippet of something totally new BOC, a la Cosecha Transmisiones.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
writetomhatcher wrote:
Echelon wrote:Perhaps a new website link will be posted on both at the same time. MDG said a long time ago (late 2015) that they'll have a website up at some point in addition to news on what they're doing. Perhaps that's what we're building to.


I saw that post by MDG and wasn't sure that was still a thing, haha, but that is good to keep in mind. I think the posts will include a short music video with the website link at the end. I wonder if it will be something fan made or a snippet of something totally new BOC, a la Cosecha Transmisiones.



Yeah, I'm just going by his last communications haha It's been five years and one world pandemic later.

The one thing we do know is that there's a lot of paying tribute to the community over the last seven years and even during the ARG so I wouldn't be surprised if the fifth IG post involves a fan video too. If it's something totally new, that's even better though! I guess we'll see whenever this drops.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 433
Joined: 23 May 2013
It would be funny if they had no intention of putting meaning into their online presence e.g. liking things etc but since the fans started to speculate on them so intently they decided to turn them into something. Again, the fans steering the narrative.
You could feel the bullshit

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Aug 2020
Echelon wrote:.
The one thing we do know is that there's a lot of paying tribute to the community over the last seven years and even during the ARG so I wouldn't be surprised if the fifth IG post involves a fan video too. If it's something totally new, that's even better though! I guess we'll see whenever this drops.


But each video has been for a song off a BOC LO, so I’m not sure how that would work!
Last edited by writetomhatcher on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 285
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Geogandhi wrote:Again, the fans steering the narrative.


Always is and always will be. I don't think there has ever been a "theory" about what BoC might do in the future or an analysis of why they did something in their career that has been proven correct. On the rare occasions when BoC do try to take control over the narrative ("We're always going to be working on music", "we're not weird occultists", "we're just normal people who are interested in niche subjects sometimes") that always gets completely ignored because people want them to be mythic, strange and otherworldly beings. No one knows if the band even had anything to do with the TH ARG or whether they just sent warp an email to approve it as an idea, no one knows if they have any say over the social media accounts or what they "like" no one knows, so people fill in the blanks with all kinds of crazy things.

Someone pointed out earlier in the thread that Warp are currently promoting the new Autechre release and previous form indicates that a BoC release is unlikely any time soon due to this but a lot of people will ignore that because people don't like to think that BoC are just a conventional band who are signed to a decent label and will be bound by promotion strategy and marketing processes, people want to believe that BoC are separate from all of that and it doesn't apply to them but it does and it always will while they're with Warp.

Reading back over this post it looks like I'm judging people and I am sorry if it comes across like that, believe me I will be fanboying over anything that we know is official (like the hellinterface banner) and I don't think I am superior to anyone here in my thoughts. It's just that the real stuff keeps getting lost in all the noise and bullshit and I'm tired of checking this thread to see if there's anything more from an official source only to see three pages of discussion about some random posting coordinates in a Youtube comment or something :cry:

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Joined: 6 Sep 2013
IronMark wrote:I'm tired of checking this thread to see if there's anything more from an official source only to see three pages of discussion about some random posting coordinates in a Youtube comment or something :cry:


No more speculation in the speculation thread!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests