Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:43 pm

'There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image..'

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Someone on Reddit pointed out we are in the Winter Hexagon asterism from December to March.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Twentington wrote:What colour would we want a new record to be guys? I'm feeling another fiery red..

turquoise

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:50 pm

Twentington wrote:What colour would we want a new record to be guys? I'm feeling another fiery red..

Bleached white with bits of orange and turquoise hazed scenery showing through, like MBV’s cover art on Isn’t Anything.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Someone on the Reddit Speculation Thread mentioned The Video Playlist on the BOC YouTube channel was updated on 11/25, the day before Thanksgiving. I'm also just noticing the playlist starts with a video for each MHTRTC track (minus Triangles & Rhombuses and Bocuma)--is that new? It's also notable that BOC updated their playlist to have the One Got Fat EYDIAB video in the first position when they used that video as part of Cosecha Transmisiones. Now the same Wildlife Analysis they posted on IG is in the first position.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Knifeyspooney wrote:Could be nothing, but Neil Krug, who did the artwork for TMH made an appreciation post to Societas x Tape on his Instagram Stories feed last night.
I've been following his work since 2013, and the only thing he ever posts is his own stuff, so this is out of character.

Theory: Neil Krug directed a space themed music video for BOC's new single...It'll drop Friday.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:07 pm

Knifeyspooney wrote:Could be nothing, but Neil Krug, who did the artwork for TMH made an appreciation post to Societas x Tape on his Instagram Stories feed last night.
I've been following his work since 2013, and the only thing he ever posts is his own stuff, so this is out of character.
He also shared this photo in his stories, looks like a desert planet, very nice

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:08 pm

Echelon wrote:

Theory: Neil Krug directed a space themed music video for BOC's new single...It'll drop Friday.

:lol:
Definitely within the realm of possibility. And for me, the clearest sign that something is around the bend.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:12 pm

writetomhatcher wrote:Someone on the Reddit Speculation Thread mentioned The Video Playlist on the BOC YouTube channel was updated on 11/25, the day before Thanksgiving. I'm also just noticing the playlist starts with a video for each MHTRTC track (minus Triangles & Rhombuses and Bocuma)--is that new? It's also notable that BOC updated their playlist to have the One Got Fat EYDIAB video in the first position when they used that video as part of Cosecha Transmisiones. Now the same Wildlife Analysis they posted on IG is in the first position.

Nah, it's not new. They did that around MHTRTC's 20th anniversary.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:45 pm

rjohnny wrote:

Oooh, that's a tasty photo!

Seems off-brand for BoC, though. Boards' imagery is usually associated with haziness, mystery and nostalgia, whereas this is more defined and modern.

But ya never know! I'd sure like to be wrong :D

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:26 pm

Echelon wrote:

one last time. Yes!

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:30 pm

rjohnny wrote:

In true obfuscated fashion, it's hard to tell if this picture is a BOC hint.
Allot of Neil's work has this kind of landscape fascination. (See his work with Jim James, as well as his personal series "Phantoms")

Having said that, if we're right about the space connection for BOCs next release, then this desolate, planetary landscape would fit perfectly.

Fingers crossed that Friday finally brings some clarity.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:12 am

Well, tomorrow is the 21st..

How are we all feeling? Keeping our hype levels in check? I'm certainly not...

I think I'd be a bit more level headed if it wasn't for Warp's silence. I just don't know what to feel right now, but I NEED to lower my expectations or else it's gonna hurt.

I don't think there is any other artist on this planet that could make me feel this way about a possible album announcement.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:25 am

Apparently, someone changed Boards of Canada channel banner?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCidyEq ... ZmwKt_g_2g

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:28 am

arvy wrote:Apparently, someone changed Boards of Canada channel banner?

That's the Topic for BoC, not their official channel, I can't even remember it having a banner?
If it did, someone deleted it... Need someone else to confirm though, I have no idea

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:49 am

demo wrote:
arvy wrote:Apparently, someone changed Boards of Canada channel banner?

That's the Topic for BoC, not their official channel, I can't even remember it having a banner?
If it did, someone deleted it... Need someone else to confirm though, I have no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:15 pm

The 'topic' banners are auto generated. I'd assume it's always been like that.

For reference Aphex has the same one: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWmnkY ... tmPBhIlZjg

as does Miley Cyrus lol https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREdEw ... IT0ThaAtmQ

demo wrote:Well, tomorrow is the 21st..

How are we all feeling? Keeping our hype levels in check? I'm certainly not...

I think I'd be a bit more level headed if it wasn't for Warp's silence. I just don't know what to feel right now, but I NEED to lower my expectations or else it's gonna hurt.

I don't think there is any other artist on this planet that could make me feel this way about a possible album announcement.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, as essentially, now that the 'TCH and TH gap' theory has been debunked, all we have is the pioneer plaque, and that doesn't exclusively relate to the 22nd.

Warp's radio silence could quite easily be attributed to none of their artists having a release ready for shelves, and MDG's visit could be just that. A visit. He was fairly active throughout 2014 and 2015, but obviously that didn't lead to anything.

Nevertheless, that hasn't stopped me from checking the BoC Twitter and Twoism every hour over the past few days :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:20 pm

Absolutely nothing is gonna happen and y’all damn well know it.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:07 pm

Cyclosa wrote:Absolutely nothing is gonna happen and y’all damn well know it.

OK—if you are so sure, let’s make a bet. I’ll PayPal or Venmo you $100 if you are right. If you are wrong, you send me $100 OR you opt out of listening to the album for a week, whichever is worth less to you. Deal?

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:56 pm

writetomhatcher wrote:
Cyclosa wrote:Absolutely nothing is gonna happen and y’all damn well know it.

OK—if you are so sure, let’s make a bet. I’ll PayPal or Venmo you $100 if you are right. If you are wrong, you send me $100 OR you opt out of listening to the album for a week, whichever is worth less to you. Deal?

Big words guys :lol:
Post a reply