Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:37 pm

irv wrote:
Ah, well found - been around for 9 years then.

Just like the Faastwalker video was around for years. Seems like they're just posting old stuff that people may have not seen before.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Maybe re-calling the old stuff (posting the old through the telegraph lines video, uploading the same pfp to the HI facebook that was used for the sheol boundary youtube channel to call back attention to that "uuh" video) is a hint to look back through the clues we've already gotten ;)

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:48 pm

mthrndr wrote:
irv wrote:

Just like the Faastwalker video was around for years. Seems like they're just posting old stuff that people may have not seen before.
I wonder if they asked “permission” first before posting these videos. Most likely not.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Crickey, woke up to an extra 5 pages to sift through, haha!

My wife understands the crazy about all of this, teases me well enough, but when "the action" happens, she was right there with me watching TonX in the desert for the TH listening party and had her own listening station set up for Societas!

So we've had the official BoC FB page post a video, is that the big activity for the day? I did a quick check of the websites, still black pages and HI FB page doesn't look any different...

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

It appears the maker of that video was the one who slowed it down.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

drixlin wrote:Crickey, woke up to an extra 5 pages to sift through, haha!

My wife understands the crazy about all of this, teases me well enough, but when "the action" happens, she was right there with me watching TonX in the desert for the TH listening party and had her own listening station set up for Societas!

So we've had the official BoC FB page post a video, is that the big activity for the day? I did a quick check of the websites, still black pages and HI FB page doesn't look any different...

Yes, and the fact that Fredd-E said "heard from telegraph lines" in this thread about a day before the video was posted, which shows that they're watching us. (probably)

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:04 pm

funnnnpng wrote:Yes, and the fact that Fredd-E said "heard from telegraph lines" in this thread about a day before the video was posted, which shows that they're watching us. (probably)

I was hoping I was following that correct - that makes me giggle, a lot. This whole thing has brightened my week.

I don't care if they (or Warp) gave an intern the keys to the kingdom to do some cleaning up of their socials, it's been fun

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Fredd-E wrote:
mthrndr wrote:
irv wrote:

I wonder if they asked “permission” first before posting these videos. Most likely not.

Actually, my guess is yes they did. If you watch the original video on Ian Sklarsky's vimeo, there is a blast of noise or feedback at the very beginning of the video that doesn't exist in the copy on the BoC page. So the video's been edited somewhat. Also, the original video doesn't reference the music at all - so the video's basically been renamed on the BoC page from "Shot from the Air: selections of flight footage" to "Boards of Canada - Heard From Telegraph Lines - From the Trans Canada Highway EP on Warp Records (2006)."

They obviously credit Ian, which he did not do for Boards on the original, but I think it's professional courtesy to say "hey, we love your video, do you mind if we post it to our page?"

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:11 pm

Another busy day in BoC land. Yay!

Yeah, I made an attempt to explain the recent goings on to my wife, too. At least our cult has a great taste in music!

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:11 pm

mthrndr wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
mthrndr wrote:

Actually, my guess is yes they did. If you watch the original video on Ian Sklarsky's vimeo, there is a blast of noise or feedback at the very beginning of the video that doesn't exist in the copy on the BoC page. So the video's been edited somewhat. Also, the original video doesn't reference the music at all - so the video's basically been renamed on the BoC page from "Shot from the Air: selections of flight footage" to "Boards of Canada - Heard From Telegraph Lines - From the Trans Canada Highway EP on Warp Records (2006)."

They obviously credit Ian, which he did not do for Boards on the original, but I think it's professional courtesy to say "hey, we love your video, do you mind if we post it to our page?"
I follow your logic. This implies Ian and Faastwalker had advance knowledge and most likely had to “sign” a NDA. :)

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13 pm

I have no idea how Twitter works, but I just tweeted "@" them. I can't see any reference to that tweet on their profile (expected).

The likes they do, then, *could* have a bit of meaning - moreso than FB - as we wouldn't see those tweets unless they liked them, correct? If it were a hashtag, we could all view the tweets via the hashtag, but any "@"'s would have to be liked for us to see them?

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm

drixlin wrote:I have no idea how Twitter works, but I just tweeted "@" them. I can't see any reference to that tweet on their profile (expected).

The likes they do, then, *could* have a bit of meaning - moreso than FB - as we wouldn't see those tweets unless they liked them, correct? If it were a hashtag, we could all view the tweets via the hashtag, but any "@"'s would have to be liked for us to see them?

Correct. Everything under the 'Likes' panel is something they've consciously interacted with, and I believe Twitter is the only platform to have a section dedicated to this.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:36 pm

By the way, my Sheol Boundary subscription had a blue dot this morning - with no new content. Is it just me or does this "blue dot appearing for seemingly no reason" only happen on BoC-affiliated youtube pages? I've not seen this happen on any of my other subscriptions without new content.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Sherbet Head wrote:
drixlin wrote:I have no idea how Twitter works, but I just tweeted "@" them. I can't see any reference to that tweet on their profile (expected).

Correct. Everything under the 'Likes' panel is something they've consciously interacted with, and I believe Twitter is the only platform to have a section dedicated to this.

Cheers Sherbet! Understanding that now, their "likes" are certainly more entertaining - especially the "I figured it out" tweet. This all definitely feels very much Discordianism-like. The last few years have been so bleak and serious, a little bit of mischeivious fun is exactly what the BoCtor ordered....

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:46 pm

mthrndr wrote:By the way, my Sheol Boundary subscription had a blue dot this morning - with no new content. Is it just me or does this "blue dot appearing for seemingly no reason" only happen on BoC-affiliated youtube pages? I've not seen this happen on any of my other subscriptions without new content.

I don't usually pay attention enough to these things to catch it...I don't think it would be too easy to test uploads in various scenarios to see how that dot can be manipulated. My guess is, and it's the same with the official Boards website (not the bleep store, but actual boardsofcanada.com, without the redirect) are being worked on behind the scenes and YouTube, for example, shows some signs of that activity - whether they wanted that sign to show or not.

If it's going to be a HI release, they could still use boards.com to develop in a production environment while the other sites are showing a black page, then, when it's time, update them all to support their HI release very easily.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm

this might not make any sense to non-americans, but as a upstanding BoCitizen, this is how I feel about participating in this hype train ... :lol:

phpBB [media]

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm

mthrndr wrote:By the way, my Sheol Boundary subscription had a blue dot this morning - with no new content. Is it just me or does this "blue dot appearing for seemingly no reason" only happen on BoC-affiliated youtube pages? I've not seen this happen on any of my other subscriptions without new content.

lol don't trust the dots. We've already established it's a YT bug, but of course it's so easy to lose track of info like this.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:54 pm

northernlite wrote:this might not make any sense to non-americans, but as a upstanding BoCitizen, this is how I feel about participating in this hype train ... :lol:

phpBB [media]

Your fine during times like this are 10's of pages of content to sift through if you're away too long! :mrgreen:

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:07 pm

drixlin wrote:
northernlite wrote:this might not make any sense to non-americans, but as a upstanding BoCitizen, this is how I feel about participating in this hype train ... :lol:

phpBB [media]

Your fine during times like this are 10's of pages of content to sift through if you're away too long! :mrgreen:

One of many cases on how this form needs to evolve to a new platform. It can't keep up with the volume of conversations happening simultaneously.
Of these almost 800 pages, I wonder how many are repeats of previous conversations?

Unrelated, but someone was asking about an audio only version of todays video post.
You should be able to listen to it here:
https://bit.ly/BOCsoulseek
Last edited by Knifeyspooney on Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:08 pm

phpBB [media]

lol, Beast Mode!
Post a reply