Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 pm

demo wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of today (or yesterday) it's been EXACTLY 6 months since they uploaded the Pioneer Plaque to the Hell Interface YT channel...

Exactly 7 :shock:

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:11 pm

If nothing else all of this has got me smashing Societas X again.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Nuclear dawn.

Anyone going to the Alamogordo Trinity test site this year?

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Sky and Trails wrote:Nuclear dawn.

Your username reminds me of something...

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:21 pm

The vid is 4.18 long. Maybe 18th of April?

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:23 pm

I've been doing some (admittedly not very deep) digging and I can't find the Heard From Telegraph Lines video anywhere else, though I saw Ian Sklarsky, a notable artist who's credited with the footage, posted a video of Slow This Bird Down on his YouTube awhile back.

Is it original?

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:25 pm

SamuraiDrifter wrote:I've been doing some (admittedly not very deep) digging and I can't find the Heard From Telegraph Lines video anywhere else, though I saw Ian Sklarsky, a notable artist who's credited with the footage, posted a video of Slow This Bird Down on his YouTube awhile back.

Is it original?

I wondered the same. If it's original, then presumably they/Warp liked the Slow My Bird Down vid and asked him to do something similar. So why release it now, 12 years after he did the other vid?

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:27 pm

RAJVAC wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:Nuclear dawn.

Your username reminds me of something...

And he joined Twoism the 27th of January ...

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:28 pm

SamuraiDrifter wrote:I've been doing some (admittedly not very deep) digging and I can't find the Heard From Telegraph Lines video anywhere else, though I saw Ian Sklarsky, a notable artist who's credited with the footage, posted a video of Slow This Bird Down on his YouTube awhile back.

Is it original?

It's on his Vimeo page, if you scroll down a bit. Just like the Faastwalker video - it was on his Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/directorian

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:33 pm

mthrndr wrote:

Is it original?

It's on his Vimeo page, if you scroll down a bit. Just like the Faastwalker video - it was on his Vimeo.

Ah, well found - been around for 9 years then.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:33 pm

mthrndr wrote:

Is it original?

Shooting from the window of a 747

Lol

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:37 pm

irv wrote:

Just like the Faastwalker video was around for years. Seems like they're just posting old stuff that people may have not seen before.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Maybe re-calling the old stuff (posting the old through the telegraph lines video, uploading the same pfp to the HI facebook that was used for the sheol boundary youtube channel to call back attention to that "uuh" video) is a hint to look back through the clues we've already gotten ;)

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:48 pm

mthrndr wrote:
irv wrote:

Just like the Faastwalker video was around for years. Seems like they're just posting old stuff that people may have not seen before.
I wonder if they asked “permission” first before posting these videos. Most likely not.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Crickey, woke up to an extra 5 pages to sift through, haha!

My wife understands the crazy about all of this, teases me well enough, but when "the action" happens, she was right there with me watching TonX in the desert for the TH listening party and had her own listening station set up for Societas!

So we've had the official BoC FB page post a video, is that the big activity for the day? I did a quick check of the websites, still black pages and HI FB page doesn't look any different...

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

It appears the maker of that video was the one who slowed it down.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm

drixlin wrote:Crickey, woke up to an extra 5 pages to sift through, haha!

My wife understands the crazy about all of this, teases me well enough, but when "the action" happens, she was right there with me watching TonX in the desert for the TH listening party and had her own listening station set up for Societas!

So we've had the official BoC FB page post a video, is that the big activity for the day? I did a quick check of the websites, still black pages and HI FB page doesn't look any different...

Yes, and the fact that Fredd-E said "heard from telegraph lines" in this thread about a day before the video was posted, which shows that they're watching us. (probably)

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:04 pm

funnnnpng wrote:Yes, and the fact that Fredd-E said "heard from telegraph lines" in this thread about a day before the video was posted, which shows that they're watching us. (probably)

I was hoping I was following that correct - that makes me giggle, a lot. This whole thing has brightened my week.

I don't care if they (or Warp) gave an intern the keys to the kingdom to do some cleaning up of their socials, it's been fun

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Fredd-E wrote:
mthrndr wrote:
irv wrote:

I wonder if they asked “permission” first before posting these videos. Most likely not.

Actually, my guess is yes they did. If you watch the original video on Ian Sklarsky's vimeo, there is a blast of noise or feedback at the very beginning of the video that doesn't exist in the copy on the BoC page. So the video's been edited somewhat. Also, the original video doesn't reference the music at all - so the video's basically been renamed on the BoC page from "Shot from the Air: selections of flight footage" to "Boards of Canada - Heard From Telegraph Lines - From the Trans Canada Highway EP on Warp Records (2006)."

They obviously credit Ian, which he did not do for Boards on the original, but I think it's professional courtesy to say "hey, we love your video, do you mind if we post it to our page?"

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:11 pm

Another busy day in BoC land. Yay!

Yeah, I made an attempt to explain the recent goings on to my wife, too. At least our cult has a great taste in music!
Post a reply