Page 886 of 888

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:12 pm
by SamuraiDrifter
Agree on R35TT. With MHTRTC and Geogaddi, the production is excellent and any "modernizing" touches would totally just miss the point or actively detract from the style of albums that are meant to sound like they were found in an attic after 20 years. With R35TT though, it's been passed around, recopied, and subjected to god knows what awful "remastering" attempts along the way and undoubtedly sounds quite different from how the band intended them at this point.

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:33 pm
by Biznasty
To add onto the production queue theory, it's possible that they are also looking to repress all their previous albums. They're all still available on Bleep (aside from MHTRTC) but who know how many copies they actually have. Especially if they are doing a BOCset, which is all about looking back at their previous material, they might want to make sure they have plenty of their other stuff available as well for the release. All of this would just back up the queue even more than it already probably is.

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:32 pm
by Echelon
I'm still holding out for a surprise of some sort from Warp.

Unless Treat Em Right was the surprise of course, which I think BOC put out to confirm they hadn't Daft Punked us

(that's a joke, but you can't tell me it doesn't feel good to know they're still around as late as 2021)

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:47 pm
by Orbited insanitarium
Echelon wrote:(that's a joke, but you can't tell me it doesn't feel good to know they're still around as late as 2021)


It sure as 'hell' feels good! :wink:
phpBB [media]

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:52 pm
by SamuraiDrifter
Seems pretty clear to me we're not getting anything else this year, though a remix was welcome after more than a year of complete silence. Hopefully we have better luck in 2022.

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:35 am
by NorthSaturnian
looking forward to absolutely nothing for live@lighthouse's anniversary tomorrow

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:39 am
by funnnnpng
Also looking forward to radio silence for Warp10's 22nd ann, and ATP's 21st next April.

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 am
by Echelon
SamuraiDrifter wrote: though a remix was welcome after more than a year of complete silence. Hopefully we have better luck in 2022.


2022 is going to be the year they press Treat Em Right to vinyl. That's what's happening next year haha.

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:53 am
by Orbited insanitarium
Looking forward to the Radiohead Kid A mnesiac box se.........er, POSTER! I mean poster! Nothing to do with a band releasing a rarities collection at all.
(Phew escaped that one :D )

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:27 pm
by Magrathea
Generally, I think we have put more energy, wasted more electricity, pushed up global CO2 emissions up far more than the brothers energy requirements would be to create a complete album with only this thread. It's kind of sobering, the power of numbers.

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:31 pm
by sandrail
NorthSaturnian wrote:looking forward to absolutely nothing for live@lighthouse's anniversary tomorrow


Kinda ironic that the same thing that would have gotten whoever recorded it kicked out, was aired by Warp 20 years later.

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:38 pm
by sandrail
Biznasty wrote:To add onto the production queue theory, it's possible that they are also looking to repress all their previous albums. They're all still available on Bleep (aside from MHTRTC) but who know how many copies they actually have. Especially if they are doing a BOCset, which is all about looking back at their previous material, they might want to make sure they have plenty of their other stuff available as well for the release. All of this would just back up the queue even more than it already probably is.


I doubt they would repress any of their new stuff though I do believe they're gonna repress their old stuff (C3, AM, CV1, PBN, HB). The '97 remasters were probably not that great and the only reason they really released Twoism is probably because it was the only remaster of the bunch good enough for the public. I don't really see any other reason why they wouldn't release all that other stuff, but hey, I'm not Mike or Marcus, so I'm just speculating.

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:13 pm
by arvy
Magrathea wrote:Generally, I think we have put more energy, wasted more electricity, pushed up global CO2 emissions up far more than the brothers energy requirements would be to create a complete album with only this thread. It's kind of sobering, the power of numbers.


Not to worry, there's still some energy in the tank. For a good old speculation :wink:

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:25 pm
by NorthSaturnian
sandrail wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:looking forward to absolutely nothing for live@lighthouse's anniversary tomorrow


Kinda ironic that the same thing that would have gotten whoever recorded it kicked out, was aired by Warp 20 years later.

im glad they decided to give us 0.4% of spiro. they could have chosen to show only 0.3%. thank you warp records

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:09 am
by Frindia
Sheol Boundary "Uuh" comment section turned ON

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:44 pm
by funnnnpng
Frindia wrote:Sheol Boundary "Uuh" comment section turned ON


We've started up, now we're on our way

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:54 pm
by NorthSaturnian
NorthSaturnian wrote:looking forward to absolutely nothing for live@lighthouse's anniversary tomorrow

never mind

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:51 pm
by Biznasty
NorthSaturnian wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:looking forward to absolutely nothing for live@lighthouse's anniversary tomorrow

never mind

Now I'm wondering if they opened it because of this comment, lmao...

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:34 pm
by ColinWallis
iiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnteresting

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:26 pm
by belchmaster
not really...by the way guys, have you heard the high scores EP? we really need a repress of that one.