GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Negamuse wrote:Ehhh... I have a vague feeling about BoC, Warp and the music BIZ but can't really put it into simple words that mean exactly what I want to say. But I'm starting to think that they're no longer good stewards of a band like BoC, basically. They had them on roster when they were really, REALLY cool, and that made THEM look cool, and in this day and age, who is even into BoC? It's not the cool kids they're desperately trying to market to.

I don't think they ever phoned the band and said, like, "hey boys, gonna need an EP this year at least". Don't get me wrong. But these days, it feels like if they give a damn about BoC at all it's as a little bauble in the bank to say "look, we bought into these guys way back. Don't ask about new material, look at their stuff we put out in the glory days". They're like a reciept of cool that transfers agreed-upon value back to them, they almost don't NEED them to make anything now, who are they going to market it to? Who's their target demographic as a label? Honestly, now, is it us?

Just put out reissues and ride the cachet of what they got out of them way back when. Keep them on the roster while their value goes to the moon, like a Bored Ape of Canada.

If Warp were simply milking BOC, BOC could easily leave and never return. Either move to another label or implode like Daft Punk. I think that BOC are simply taking a very long time to make their next move and Warp are forced to release a lot of shit in the meantime to cover it. If anything Warp respect BOC too much.

If BOC simply existed nowadays to be pimped by their label, they would fold. After all they've told us they have artistic integrity and I will believe it for the time being
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
Davism wrote:Speaking of the Treat Em Right remix, where did that go? I can’t even find it on SoundCloud. Why does this happen; is it the artists that pull the song or the platform?

It's still available on Spotify in Europe so it seems. Here in Belgium I can play it. Guess it's only removed in US? I'll try and find an answer. Will report later hopefully.

I just got word about the remix.

Thanks for letting us know. It’s a metadata issue apparently. Should be fixed in next two days!

8)
It's back up for us yankees now 8)
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
Really thought we’d get another BoC record before WW3 broke out. Alas.
preparation for a dive.

Boqurant
Today is the perfect day for a news/announcement

Dayvan Cowboy
dolochov wrote:Today is the perfect day for a news/announcement

TheStatPow wrote:The bros always aim to do something we don't expect.

So by knowingly expecting things, you're all only setting yourself up for disappointment 99.9% of the time.

Highly unlikely but you never know, 22 2 22 might be the 0.01% percent. :wink:

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded
It mentioned there is a Hexagon sticker sheet that comes with this repressing of Geogaddi, at Rough Trade (In the tweets BOC just liked).... I never got one. is this a new thing? has anyone seen this? Basically what I'm saying is .... can some one who lives near rough trade Uk. Can you go by and get a copy, and also make sure they aren't hiding a new album somewhere in there. thanks so much

Sherbet Head
hexagonFox wrote:It mentioned there is a Hexagon sticker sheet that comes with this repressing of Geogaddi, at Rough Trade (In the tweets BOC just liked).... I never got one. is this a new thing? has anyone seen this? Basically what I'm saying is .... can some one who lives near rough trade Uk. Can you go by and get a copy, and also make sure they aren't hiding a new album somewhere in there. thanks so much

That's been a thing ever since the represses.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
Thanks for letting us know. It’s a metadata issue apparently. Should be fixed in next two days!

8)

...the...metadata, you say... :mrgreen:

Also, the Remix is back here for me on YouTube Music in Canada, too.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
looking forward for ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ something to happen at 22:22
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:looking forward for ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ something to happen at 22:22

1. That new avatar is hilarious! Very Monty Python! :lol:

2. Something is happening at 22:22 but maybe not BoC.
https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/comments/sy6bn7/sequoia_old_tape_special_broadcast/

Eagle Minded
1. Agreed, nice avatar.
2. Yeah, there's no way it's them. Lol, we are so scarred from that Rick-roll countdown..... which btw is still a nice chopped/screwed.

Eagle Minded
that livestream looks pretty interesting. something to savour the nice little rare moment. wish i could catch it

Posts Quantity
kakanara wrote:that livestream looks pretty interesting. something to savour the nice little rare moment. wish i could catch it

watching now, sketchy!

No idea what to make of it, some fantastic archive footage, very well put together!
Last edited by Twentington on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
Twentington wrote:
kakanara wrote:that livestream looks pretty interesting. something to savour the nice little rare moment. wish i could catch it

watching now, sketchy!

Also watching.

Anyone care to join us? :P

Posts Quantity
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Twentington wrote:

watching now, sketchy!

Also watching.

Anyone care to join us? :P

lol theres only 16 people on the live stream to be fair, Im enjoying myself anyway! if nothing else I now have a deep desire to explore the incredible string band further!

Eagle Minded
WHAT A TIME WE ARE HAVING

Dayvan Cowboy
Tim Wyld on the livestream wrote: Hell O twoISM users.... 666 am I right ?

666 back atcha! fellow twoism user!

Edit: ain’t got a YouTube account so I’ll have to converse on here.

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Tim Wyld on the livestream wrote: Hell O twoISM users.... 666 am I right ?

666 back atcha! fellow twoism user!

LOL I've been exposed, oh well... make sure to smash like. one of these days ill release new music :mrgreen:

Dayvan Cowboy
Link if you aren't watching already.
phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada