GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
We will eventually see issue 3 from Stargate. I really would not even ponder on it anymore. I kind of felt bad for goofing on them a bit but it was all in good fun. Like you said, it is most likely out of their hands. I always had a feeling it would come months after it said it would.

"Patience, all this patience
Tapping toes and always looking at the time
Strung out, always strung out
This time I think that I've really lost my mind"

On a random note, I never knew that if you type Hell Interface into Apple Music and Spotify Artist search, you get Boards of Canada.

Sherbet Head
I still think when the zine eventually drops we're just gonna get an op-ed piece about canadian lumber lmao
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
oakmoss&amber wrote:We will eventually see issue 3 from Stargate. I really would not even ponder on it anymore. I kind of felt bad for goofing on them a bit but it was all in good fun. Like you said, it is most likely out of their hands. I always had a feeling it would come months after it said it would.

"Patience, all this patience
Tapping toes and always looking at the time
Strung out, always strung out
This time I think that I've really lost my mind"

On a random note, I never knew that if you type Hell Interface into Apple Music and Spotify Artist search, you get Boards of Canada.

Good idea. I almost forgot I said that haha.

We are in a sweet spot for music releases as another big artist dropped an album recently: Angel Olsen. 2022 is so far a good year and I'm banking on three releases: MBV, The Cure's Songs For A Lost World (due October) and BOC. If those three dropped, my music wishlist will be fulfilled :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
My three most hoped for releases for the rest of 2022 are...

1. The Peter Gabriel record (it's been forever mate.)
2. An eventual new Tom Waits (hey my guttural guy, save this year with your poetry.)

or...

3. A snazzy album from Caravan Palace (please follow up chronologic!)

Those are unrealistic I know, but I can only dream.
"soon-ish?" :P

Eagle Minded
I have a more warp-centric hope that ae, afx, and boc release albums this year.

Of course there's many more bands I'd love to hear from, but I became fans of afx just after he released collapse, and i became a fan of autechre becuase of the release of SIGN/PLUS so I've never really witnessed a real release from any of them (aside from Treat Em Right but I want an album).

All I want is to see just one more. One more from each of them and then they can retire if they want :lol:

I don't know how many albums their contracts to warp say they have to make but my books say one more each.

Sean Autechre said in his AMA that they weren't even thinking about an album right now and I really hope they change their perspective on that. I never suspected they'd have a release this year but I've been banking on next year for a few reasons. Now I'm not so sure... (To be fair a big part of that was the vinyl backlog, so if that were to clear up they might be more inclined.)

Rich is a wild card. It's not even worth discussing when or what he might do next because it'll be wrong. He still makes music, we know that, but whether he plans to release any of it is another story...

Then of course we circle (epic boc reference) back to BoC... Today is the day. :P
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
I forgot the claim that the Peter Gabriel album might be this year too, Orbited. Add that to my list. Tom Waits needs to return after Bad as Me in 2011. That was ages ago

Biz, I really feel you with 'being there' for releases. The only BOC music I've been here for is Societas/XYZ and Treat Em Right. I've even promised myself to be there :)

I think your assessment of the IDM legends is spot on. Can't imagine Autechre this year, and Aphex gives no hint on when he will return but BOC have frequently told us on Twitter, at least that there will be a new album. There haven't been any Twitter likes lately but perhaps it is truly darkest before the dawn?

BoC liked another tweet today. Previous like was 9th of May.

Hope it won't be too long before the next album!! 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:BoC liked another tweet today. Previous like was 9th of May.

Hope it won't be too long before the next album!! 8)

Wow one day after I mentioned the no likes recently. They must be reading this place :P I'll take them at their liked words, "new record coming soon" :D

Dayvan Cowboy
TH was a perfect spybook for these times, thank you for this valuable information.

Eagle Minded
Doesn't it feel good to know that the new album is about to drop?

It got a tad negative for about 10 minutes but everything balanced back out and we rounded the corner.

Just remember that this new album will answer ALL the questions. You can rest easy after that, knowing all the answers, never having to guess again. It might be scary at first but it will be worth it.

The new album IS catharsis and it is only DAYS away my beautiful friends.

Whatever you do, don't sit tight, or stand loose, which is equally uncomfortable. Everybody float!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Used OpenAI to give us some insight...

great!

less great...
Last edited by Biznasty on Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
bonus: Mike vs. Marcus' reaction to someone breaking into hexagon sun studio

LP5: "Tomorrow's Hexagon Sun" confirmed.

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:Image
LP5: "Tomorrow's Hexagon Sun" confirmed.
The "Hexagon Sun" is just a small-time independent newsletter somewhere in Scotland. I think it's run by Angus MacCleod out of Northkiltown.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Wow 2022 is the present that keeps on giving. New Thom Yorke project due tomorrow. It's even featured on the Beatink banner.

Let's do some weed thinking here: Angel OLSEN releases a new album recently followed by Thom Yorke who name-dropped BOC and Aphex Twin in interviews in the 90s. The only answer: the music industry is dropping subtle hints that the prodigal Boards of Canada duo will be returning soon.

*Puts down bong filled with lettuce*

Dayvan Cowboy
Their basic time unit is the Kalabtun, soon is relative...
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:Wow 2022 is the present that keeps on giving. New Thom Yorke project due tomorrow. It's even featured on the Beatink banner.

Let's do some weed thinking here: Angel OLSEN releases a new album recently followed by Thom Yorke who name-dropped BOC and Aphex Twin in interviews in the 90s. The only answer: the music industry is dropping subtle hints that the prodigal Boards of Canada duo will be returning soon.

Just watched Thom York play in Manchester the other week it was incredible! You can deffo hear the boc fantasy synths shining through!

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:Wow 2022 is the present that keeps on giving. New Thom Yorke project due tomorrow. It's even featured on the Beatink banner.

Just watched Thom York play in Manchester the other week it was incredible! You can deffo hear the boc fantasy synths shining through!

Eagle Minded
Biznasty, I was picturing the other brother the entire time. Fuck!

I was walking outside earlier and I saw a buzzard in the sky. They are everywhere here and I am the only person that seems to enjoy them. I just tell myself they're eagles and it never fucking fails to initiate An Eagle In Your Mind...in MY mind.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I see eagles all the time and it's not just in my mind.

New album dropping any one of the soon coming days now!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
I still think about that ‘An American Eagle In Your Mind’ shirt and chuckle audibly.

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:I still think about that ‘An American Eagle In Your Mind’ shirt and chuckle audibly.

That was the funniest and most accurate representation of this thread. I feel like Biznasty is absolutely necessary here.
He brings the Reddit humor and I love it.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada