Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:39 pm

babylulu wrote:wanted to share an interesting convo i had with a member of the facebook group. he posted about owning an original boc maxima tape given to him by marcus, and a peel session cd burned by marcus as well. he posted pictures of both in the group, and mentioned going to see them live in ‘96 at The Venue. i asked him about it and he says from what he can remember they played “most of the Boc Maxima tracks” and some MHTRTC tracks. he specifically mentioned ‘Original Nlogax’. mentioned that him and Marcus were friends before and after he signed to warp, and they stayed in contact over the years. ended the convo with a cryptic "Also there will be more BOC coming"

"bonus mystery tracks" were nothing new, tracks like finity in "cd quality"

I'm not sure you should be posting this stuff without written consent. Group conversation or not.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:44 pm

I did get consent but okay lol

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:47 pm

All he asks is that his name is not mentioned, which I would hope none of you would go sleuthing for anyway

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 pm

babylulu wrote:wanted to share an interesting convo i had with a member of the facebook group. he posted about owning an original boc maxima tape given to him by marcus, and a peel session cd burned by marcus as well. he posted pictures of both in the group, and mentioned going to see them live in ‘96 at The Venue. i asked him about it and he says from what he can remember they played “most of the Boc Maxima tracks” and some MHTRTC tracks. he specifically mentioned ‘Original Nlogax’. mentioned that him and Marcus were friends before and after he signed to warp, and they stayed in contact over the years. ended the convo with a cryptic "Also there will be more BOC coming"

"bonus mystery tracks" were nothing new, tracks like finity in "cd quality"

V cool, thanks for sharing.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:04 pm

Thanks for that, Babylulu. Both the eye candy and the confirmation of new BOC coming. Definitely a time to be hopeful. :)

Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:50 pm

How will you approach new material when it's finally released? Stream as soon as it's available? Pre-order vinyl and wait for it to arrive before listening? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:51 pm

Also, thanks for sharing that babylulu. Very cool!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:47 pm

whyte wrote:How will you approach new material when it's finally released? Stream as soon as it's available? Pre-order vinyl and wait for it to arrive before listening? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Pre order all. Listen digitally asap.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:02 am

whyte wrote:How will you approach new material when it's finally released? Stream as soon as it's available? Pre-order vinyl and wait for it to arrive before listening? Interested to hear your thoughts.
Burn it to Laserdisc format. If you're not listening to music with lasers, you're living in the past, bro.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:11 am

I'll probably check out the single online but I'm going to treat the album like it's a blockbuster from the 1970s-80s and act like I bought it at a record shop.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:49 am

i am still firmly in the “next release will be the box set” boat

Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:07 am

Time for me to chime in with a fun theory of mine. :twisted:

https://warp.net/releases

Warp just announced its 664th release. Stereolab - Pulse Of The Early Brain [Switched On Volume 5]. Release in September.

I like to do some predictions.
  • 665 - Boards of Canada - "LP5" (August, 2022)
  • 666 - Hell Interface - "Fabled Set Of Old Tunes" (August, 2022)
PS: Don't forget all this started with the Hell Interface shenanigans in April 2021. See also: timeline.

Recap:
  • July 2022: Wu-Lu
  • August 2022: BoC + Hell Interface
  • September 2022: Stereolab
A man can dream?

Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:31 am

babylulu wrote:Image

Dreamed I met Bibio at a house party last night and he had this CD with him. He said "there's new BoC on its way"... the dangers of reading twoism before bed.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:23 am

Fredd-E wrote:

Pre order all. Listen digitally asap.

Yup, this. I don't think I'd be able to resist any potential leaks either, musically or otherwise. :wink:

My only rule is that first listen must be in a perfect environment. No distractions with some good equipment, whether it's at home on my speaker setup, or with nature and a good pair of headphones. If it takes a little while to hit every parameter then so be it. I'd rather wait and truly enjoy my first listen, instead of rushing in as soon as it's live.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:31 am

Sherbet Head wrote:My only rule is that first listen must be in a perfect environment. No distractions with some good equipment, whether it's at home on my speaker setup, or with nature and a good pair of headphones. If it takes a little while to hit every parameter then so be it. I'd rather wait and truly enjoy my first listen, instead of rushing in as soon as it's live.

I second this. Good disclaimer to the "asap" statement. :idea:

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:43 am

Fredd-E wrote:
Sherbet Head wrote:My only rule is that first listen must be in a perfect environment. No distractions with some good equipment, whether it's at home on my speaker setup, or with nature and a good pair of headphones. If it takes a little while to hit every parameter then so be it. I'd rather wait and truly enjoy my first listen, instead of rushing in as soon as it's live.

I second this. Good disclaimer to the "asap" statement. :idea:

Glad we're on the same page here!

I'm a sucker for forever associating albums with the first time, or the period of my life where I heard it. If those initial conditions aren't great, it will always slightly taint the album for me. It's quite annoying, but equally, it's nice when it works the other way. So far, I associate pretty much all of BoC's work with great times, so I'd like to keep it that way :D

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:57 pm

Sherbet Head wrote:
Glad we're on the same page here!

I'm a sucker for forever associating albums with the first time, or the period of my life where I heard it. If those initial conditions aren't great, it will always slightly taint the album for me. It's quite annoying, but equally, it's nice when it works the other way. So far, I associate pretty much all of BoC's work with great times, so I'd like to keep it that way :D

I remember when i broke up with my first long term girlfriend while i was at uni my best mate sent me a bunch of CD's, all bargain bucket stuff he'd picked up. He said listen to all these, because any records that you actually like that you listen to during this time will forever bring you back to this time and you won't be able to enjoy them anymore! Kind of worked. The CD's he sent were pretty awful but luckily i never have to listen to any again.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:17 pm

It's going to be a great weekend. I think the new album is just about to pop or drop. It's about to board a plane to canada. Whatever. It's so freaking close that's it's unbearable for the brothers.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:20 pm

rodox_head wrote:
Burn it to Laserdisc format. If you're not listening to music with lasers, you're living in the past, bro.

This is the funniest statement I've read in awhile!

Cut it to wax. If you're not listening to music on wax cylinders, you're a fucking caveman.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:21 pm

By the way, I tried Discord.

It made me start to think that maybe the release already happened.
Post a reply