Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Re: GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:31 pm

ParticleGhost wrote:diet coke green screen failure

this still gets me somehow :mrgreen:

Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:10 am

HI

Any one else seen this channel.
Could be troll?

https://www.youtube.com/@angelapollyon3610/

Reminds me of our beloved

https://www.youtube.com/@AtalantaFugiens/

best,

Xofnogoxeh

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:08 am

Much of the same to be found here but 6 and a half months earlier

https://youtube.com/@missingtracksarchivearchiv8411

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:49 am

outhudd wrote:The next album's tracklist, created by OpenAI: https://beta.openai.com/playground

Create a tracklist for the next Boards of Canada album.

6. A Moment of Clarity

Cant believe this was unmentioned everyone, the AI was so top at predicting track titles, this one was past inside the present and correct!

Getting stronger everyday, who knew that Boards are helping out with the rise of Skynet. :wink:

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:23 am

The next album has not showed up because AI is just becoming good enough at it as we speak.

Borgs of Canada

Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:37 am

outhudd wrote:The next album's tracklist, created by OpenAI: https://beta.openai.com/playground

1. Sine Language
2. Reach for the Stars
3. Horizon Line
4. Unfolding Horizons
5. Morning Dew
6. A Moment of Clarity
7. Beyond the Trees
8. Seaside Reflection
9. The Edge of Nowhere
10. Northern Lights
11. Into the Unknown
12. Eternal Now

I guess,
Disney finally bought Boards of Canada since they have a cover of Into the Unknown from Frozen 2

A friend once told me if Disney bought BOC at least we'd have more albums. Shame they'd all be safe and predictable (and probably have a lot of unfunny Marvel humor between tracks)

Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:45 am

Not kidding when I say that I'd stick a Winchester down my throat before I'd let Disney anywhere near BOC.

Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:51 am

steeldancer-x wrote:Not kidding when I say that I'd stick a Winchester down my throat before I'd let Disney anywhere near BOC.

Bit grim, I hope you're exaggerating. This is Funtimes in Babylon not Guntimes in BoCylon. :D

Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:58 pm

6. A Moment of Clarity
Geogandhi wrote:Sounds like a Flashbulb release, terrible names!

Especially this one, right? :D

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:48 pm

1. Sine Language
2. Reach for the Stars
3. Horizon Line
4. Unfolding Horizons
5. Morning Dew
6. A Moment of Clarity
7. Beyond the Trees
8. Seaside Reflection
9. The Edge of Nowhere
10. Northern Lights
11. Into the Unknown
12. Eternal Now

The AI is tired

Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:05 am

Every time BOC likes a random guy on twitter just to see twoism loose their shit :

Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:48 am

Y'know, for a second I really thought something was happening.

Turns out BOC is just deleting stuff.

I drank my hard seltzer on the rocks for nothing.

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:33 am

I think we can all rest safe in the knowledge that the bros are working tirelessly to bring us new music and we will have it before we know it, soon we will be discussing the tracks and the artwork and such and I really look forward to it. I like the waiting game personally

Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:16 pm

bocbocbocboc wrote:Y'know, for a second I really thought something was happening.

I assume your post is sarcasm, but I'll bite anyways: MDG literally told us (via babylulu) a new album is on its way. If that doesn't equal something is happening, what does?

Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:13 pm

bocards of baocanada will release a numew album in 9 seconds marchael told me hah a give it a bit longer sit tight on its way green screen failure

Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:11 pm

luminousdusk wrote:I think we can all rest safe in the knowledge that the bros are working tirelessly to bring us new music and we will have it before we know it, soon we will be discussing the tracks and the artwork and such and I really look forward to it. I like the waiting game personally

If this is finally going to be goodbye, it will be bittersweet. I've been following the BOC community and activity since Societas so it'll be sad having nothing to wait for if they pull a Daft Punk. (Though luckily it'll be a Daft Punk with actual content!)

Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:01 am

Fredd-E wrote:
bocbocbocboc wrote:Y'know, for a second I really thought something was happening.

I assume your post is sarcasm, but I'll bite anyways: MDG literally told us (via babylulu) a new album is on its way. If that doesn't equal something is happening, what does?
I mean, nothing really has happened since then, and that wasn't really a formal announcement of anything.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:08 am

rodox_head wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

I mean, nothing really has happened since then, and that wasn't really a formal announcement of anything.
This goes to show some people will never be happy unless the official Twitter sends out the pre-order link or something similar. But to me, when someone like MDG, their official spokesperson, tells us it is happening, it is happening. And that should be more than reason enough to be happy. He made it official enough by sending that one message to babylulu. I know his worth by now.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:21 am

Fredd-E wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I mean, nothing really has happened since then, and that wasn't really a formal announcement of anything.
This goes to show some people will never be happy unless the official Twitter sends out the pre-order link or something similar. But to me, when someone like MDG, their official spokesperson, tells us it is happening, it is happening. And that should be more than reason enough to be happy. He made it official enough by sending that one message to babylulu. I know his worth by now.

Ahem...
rodox_head wrote:since then

Nothing major has actually happened between then and now other than this whole deletion thing.

I never said the album isn't in development and I never doubted MDG's credibility. Just because it's an "official" statement, doesn't necessarily make it "formal"; hell, it wasn't even technically public. With all due respect, please don't put words in my mouth.

Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:23 am

Echelon wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:I think we can all rest safe in the knowledge that the bros are working tirelessly to bring us new music and we will have it before we know it, soon we will be discussing the tracks and the artwork and such and I really look forward to it. I like the waiting game personally

If this is finally going to be goodbye, it will be bittersweet. I've been following the BOC community and activity since Societas so it'll be sad having nothing to wait for if they pull a Daft Punk. (Though luckily it'll be a Daft Punk with actual content!)

I'm almost 100% certain they won't pull a Daft Punk so do not despair my friend!

I remember the same feeling after seeing 'Farewell fire' on the tracklist of Headphase, thinking it was all over!

Yes they have a 5 album contract with warp apparently which will be coming to an end soon but I don't see any reason why they couldn't continue with a new contract with warp, go back to skam, music70 or start their own label. As Marcus said in one interview after TH..

"we’ve no intention of stopping, so this is just a continuation"

Even MDG said, I think, that just before TH came out they had more than one record in the final stages!

So that definitely gives me hope that they out for the gusto and they gonna keep it raw.

Also the fact that they redesigned and expanded their studio space.. Which sounded apparently quite a mission, before TH tells me that they have long term future music plans.

I'd even hold out hope of seeing them live one day, as they've said in numerous interviews that they are working towards this in some capacity.

I remain eternally hopeful.. I just keep Satellite Icarus and Skyliner on repeat and try not to get too bogged down in Semena Mertvykh vibes.. That's one hell of a dark place..

No.. Keep the light shining in, see those billions of photons penetrating into prisms.. Splitting the light into infinite lines of colourful sevens, bursting with glistening neon fractals and hear those warm analog rainbow arpeggios cascading through the ethereal bocosphere!
Post a reply