80's City Hot Sountrack

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Jakerpoo wrote:its funny how in one thread its undoubtedly a fake and another its undoubtedly real

I know, but after listening to it side by side, it's no doubt to me it's real. It's confusing that this topic was just brushed aside as a fake in the other thread. :?

Posts Quantity
polar sky wrote:
Jakerpoo wrote:its funny how in one thread its undoubtedly a fake and another its undoubtedly real

I know, but after listening to it side by side, it's no doubt to me it's real. It's confusing that this topic was just brushed aside as a fake in the other thread. :?

Well i read that topic and listened to the track then, someone said it was fake and i just believed it. But now I've listened to it again and done a side by side comparison i am convinced it's real.

Posts Quantity
Well, I don't know how this person from New Zealand obtained this version of the track that BoC played out at ATP, but isn't it safe to say that if BoC feature a track on their official YouTube channel, then it's not a fake?

Posts Quantity
SonicDimension wrote:Well, I don't know how this person from New Zealand obtained this version of the track that BoC played out at ATP, but isn't it safe to say that if BoC feature a track on their official YouTube channel, then it's not a fake?

thats what i thought!

Sherbet Head
Was it here or the other site that someone came on awhile back with an alternate recording of one of the live sets? I swear there was. He was in a better position to record but either only got a few of the tracks or they were merged together or something. I can't remember now. Could that be where this is from?

Boqurant
zeoevil wrote:Was it here or the other site that someone came on awhile back with an alternate recording of one of the live sets? I swear there was. He was in a better position to record but either only got a few of the tracks or they were merged together or something. I can't remember now. Could that be where this is from?

It was definitely here, from what I can remember he posted a few tracks from the ATP set. I used to have the tracks but then my HDD broke :(

Eagle Minded
well remember how a few months back there was an ATP documentary of sorts and the first BoC ATP track was played in the film briefly? Perhaps the guy who's got his hands on the mixing board recording suddenly felt like sharing.

here's hoping he releases track 7 at some point... ;)
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Sherbet Head
OT a bit but does anyone know is there any video material from their gigs? And are you referring to this film when talking about ATP documentary http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870210/ ?

Eagle Minded
zeoevil wrote:Was it here or the other site that someone came on awhile back with an alternate recording of one of the live sets? I swear there was. He was in a better position to record but either only got a few of the tracks or they were merged together or something. I can't remember now. Could that be where this is from?

The first thing i thought when i heard this.

There are 2 seperate live bootlegs of this track at ATP (and 'unknown track 7') - the later version turned up around a year ago and is much clearer, alot more 'trebly'. i think what this person has done is to overlay both bootlegs of J+C to get a higher quality version.

Posts Quantity
Wait, I trie to get my head around this one. It starts with a track that was on a fake album by someone. Than it appears on youtube boc-channel by someone from new zealand. And the people here who listen to it come to consensus that it must be a sounddesk recording from atp, right...

So I started to think about the first thing again. How did it appear on a fake album by 'a troll'

I trie to find the fake-album, but Ill I end up with is Hot In The City from Billy Idol.

Speaking about a troll...
whooosh

Posts Quantity
Saakki wrote:OT a bit but does anyone know is there any video material from their gigs? And are you referring to this film when talking about ATP documentary http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870210/ ?

I believe that's the one. Has anyone seen this and can confirm that there's a small snippet of an unreleased BOC track in it? I want to say it was 'Echus', but I can't remember for sure.

Posts Quantity

Posts Quantity
23degreesdream wrote:

The first thing i thought when i heard this.

There are 2 seperate live bootlegs of this track at ATP (and 'unknown track 7') - the later version turned up around a year ago and is much clearer, alot more 'trebly'. i think what this person has done is to overlay both bootlegs of J+C to get a higher quality version.

I disagree, you can't create that kind of quality just by combining two different versions of the same live track together. For instance all the clapping and distortion on the recording would be impossible to remove entirely. Also this track is in stereo, and has been mixed in stereo. One of the sounds clearly pans from left to right, an almost impossible feat to achieve without access to the original masters.

Dayvan Cowboy
seems legit to these ears.

Eagle Minded
Integer wrote:
Saakki wrote:OT a bit but does anyone know is there any video material from their gigs? And are you referring to this film when talking about ATP documentary http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870210/ ?

I believe that's the one. Has anyone seen this and can confirm that there's a small snippet of an unreleased BOC track in it? I want to say it was 'Echus', but I can't remember for sure.

to be clearer it's a HQ quality version of a song played at the same concert that this youtube track appears to be lifted from. which makes me think these two files come from the same place. maybe? i dunno.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Posts Quantity
I'm confused.

The Julie and Candy "soundboard version" sounds pretty legit to me. But the fake on the original Hot City thread is a completely different track which sounds like a motorcycle revving up. So I think the original calls of "Troll" and "fake" are directed at a completely different track!

Or am I going insane? :?

Happy Cycler
My final thought on this.

Someone, be it the brothers or the Sound Guy running the board had a direct feed of everything going on. He recorded the whole set direct. Years go on... yada yada, and it turns up on youtube from some random user. There is no way that someone could sample the live recording that someone made in the crowd and make it sound like the HQ version we're all talking about, there is just too much noise going on there, crowd talking, clip outs in the audio from the bass being so loud ect. The HQ version just sounds direct! So someone was trying to be "mysterious" and decided to treat us with this HQ version!

As far as the 80's Hot City Soundtrack? The other thread was about the supposed song 80's Hot City Soundtrack! The one on lastfm.com. It was a different song that was indeed completely fake! The song we are talking about in this thread is a live version of Julie and Candy! 2 different threads about 2 different songs! The lastfm.com song was debunked and turned out to be a fake!

So in actuality this thread's name should be changed to "Julie and Candy Version 2 Live HQ".
And NOT 80's Hot City Soundtrack. Although it says it in the details "Click on High Quality for 80's City Hot Soundtrack" on youtube, I believe the song has nothing to do with that description. I just wanna know who uploaded it, haha I mean come on. MDG, wanna help on this???
Last edited by polar sky on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts Quantity
polar sky wrote:My final thought on this.

Someone, be it the brothers or the Sound Guy running the board had a direct feed of everything going on. He recorded the whole set direct. Years go on... yada yada, and it turns up on youtube from some random user. There is no way that someone could sample the live recording that someone made in crowd and make it sound like the HQ version we're all talking about, there is just too much noise going on there, crowd talking, clip outs in the audio from the bass being so loud ect. The HQ version just sounds direct! So someone was trying being "mysterious" and decided to treat us with this HQ version!

As far as the 80's Hot City Soundtrack? The other thread was about the supposed song 80's Hot City Soundtrack! The one on lastfm.com. It was a different song that was indeed completely fake! The song we are talking about in this thread is a live version of Julie and Candy! 2 different threads about 2 different songs! The lastfm.com song was debunked and turned out to be a fake!

So in actuality this thread's name should be changed to "Julie and Candy Version 2 Live HQ".
And NOT 80's Hot City Soundtrack. Although it says it in the details "Click on High Quality for 80's City Hot Soundtrack" on youtube, I believe the song has nothing to do with that description. I just wanna know who uploaded it, haha I mean come on. MDG, wanna help on this???

This 8)

Sherbet Head
I would like to take this opportunity to point out that the user who posted the Julie and Candy is Atalanta Fugiens. This is also the name of a book written by Michael Maire who was an alchemist that was profoundly influenced by religion and math. It is subtitled the New Chymical Emblems of the Secrets of Nature and is filled with symbolism. Chymistry is an archaic word for chemistry. Sounds pretty Boards of Canada does it not? Someone is screwing with us. Just who that is remains to be seen.

Posts Quantity
zeoevil wrote:Sounds pretty Boards of Canada does it not?

i dunno

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada