80's City Hot Sountrack

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Location: The Soviet Russia, where is vodka, bears and very cold winters
Hey Guys! I'm very appreciated that more than 15 of yours downloaded my recording of Youtube Rip July and candy (Alternative version). I supposed that someone will find original one :)

P. S. - When 747 track wasn't avaliable on cd yet - i used this tecnology of recording. If you have original mp3 rip from warp20 box set - please PM to me :)

Sherbet Head
Im so glad they didn't release this one and worked more on it so it turned out as great as the final result that is on Geogaddi! Its just flawless. This version doesn't have the same powers as the final version.

Happy Cycler
Archrival wrote:Im so glad they didn't release this one and worked more on it so it turned out as great as the final result that is on Geogaddi! Its just flawless. This version doesn't have the same powers as the final version.

Yeah I agree, I love the Geogaddi version more, but this version is still great.

Eagle Minded
Archrival wrote:Im so glad they didn't release this one and worked more on it so it turned out as great as the final result that is on Geogaddi! Its just flawless. This version doesn't have the same powers as the final version.

agreed, but I also dig this live version, it's a completely different song, IMO.

geogaddi's is more direct; a trippy, groovy, statement. this live one kind of sucks me in, almost hypnotizing, swirling, i get lost in this one very easily
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Eagle Minded
I think this version is better for a live show compared to the one on Geogaddi IMO, The beats are what make it awesome.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Posts Quantity
zeoevil wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to point out that the user who posted the Julie and Candy is Atalanta Fugiens. This is also the name of a book written by Michael Maire who was an alchemist that was profoundly influenced by religion and math. It is subtitled the New Chymical Emblems of the Secrets of Nature and is filled with symbolism. Chymistry is an archaic word for chemistry. Sounds pretty Boards of Canada does it not? Someone is screwing with us. Just who that is remains to be seen.

If I'm not mistaken, the user's avatar is an image from the classic sci-fi movie, Metropolis. That also seems kind of Boards-ish.

However, the age of user Atalanta Fugiens is listed as 46. Mike is 40 and Marcus is 39. If this user were one of the brothers, I don't see why they would enter a fake birthdate. Still, I can definitely imagine that it might be someone in their circle.

Sherbet Head
I just want to say that I think the audio and video are BOC or BOC affiliated. The audio is spot on and the video is just right. Plus it's on the official channel. I was at the lighthouse gig and (this may sound silly but) there's sort of a vibe or quality to the visuals I saw there which I've not seen on any other fan videos. It's something in the pacing and editing which rings true somehow. The most likely explanation is that this is the real deal.

And yet. What's this puzzling reference to 80's Hot City Soundtrack doing there? It's almost as if the poster is trying to create confusion. It throws the undeniable quality of the video into doubt but in a kinda lame way. It's clearly not from that fake compilation and if you were trying to pass something off as legit when it wasn't, why would you reference another fake?

Then you have to ask why, if it is actually BOC, use a pseudonym and throw in a reference to a discredited fake? I mean, sure, they like to mess around and play a bit. But this is really quite odd.

I basically happy that this even exists as it looks and sounds great but I'm also intrigued and tickled by the possibility that BOC are somehow using fakes to obfuscate their own covert leaks.

Friendly Stranger
zeoevil wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to point out that the user who posted the Julie and Candy is Atalanta Fugiens. This is also the name of a book written by Michael Maire who was an alchemist that was profoundly influenced by religion and math.

I was just reading the following page where Atalanta Fugiens, which was published in 1617, is referred to as "The First Multimedia Production":

The publication is a complex early example of multimedia art made up of 50 sections. Each section contains an engraved emblem and has a verse and an epigram associated with the emblem, and a short prose discourse which elaborates an alchemical interpretation of the symbolism in the emblem. Each of the 50 sections also includes a short musical canon composed by Maier.

Strange, no? It certainly sounds like something right up BoC's alley.

But the Youtube video was posted last December, so it's unlikely that it has anything to do with current events.

Posts Quantity
- - -
Last edited by Smokes on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't exist.

Sherbet Head
I really want the other tracks from the live set in this quality.

Dayvan Cowboy
Isn't the fact that this video is linked to BoC's official YouTube channel proof enough that it's legitimate? I'm going to go a little crackpot here and suggest that perhaps it's a tease for the fabled BocSet, which will include that live show in HQ (i can dream, right?) once it's released next year.

Sherbet Head
Archrival wrote:I really want the other tracks from the live set in this quality.

This x100,000. I'm surprised it took us this long to realize that this existed, it was posted in December of 2009!

Friendly Stranger
However, the age of user Atalanta Fugiens is listed as 46. Mike is 40 and Marcus is 39. If this user were one of the brothers, I don't see why they would enter a fake birthdate. Still, I can definitely imagine that it might be someone in their circle.

Put their ages in reverse. We all know they like math and backmasking.

Mike - 0+4 = 4
Marcus - 9-3 = 6

This could be something they uploaded. No i'm not a crackpot...I think.
someone's operating the apparatus, operating it at a higher voltage then ever before

Sherbet Head
no

Dayvan Cowboy
:lol:
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Eagle Minded
saurus wrote:no

Posts Quantity
I'd give anything to hear Spiro off of the mixer mains from the Lighthouse gig.....if there was a way.....*drools*.....maybe a future release?
Paul White

Cloudhead Games

Dayvan Cowboy
lurkingrecords wrote:I'd give anything to hear Spiro off of the mixer mains from the Lighthouse gig.....if there was a way.....*drools*.....maybe a future release?

I know right!?
such an incredible track
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Eagle Minded
for me it's ATP track 7. that thing is a monstrous track and I would be elated if a better quality rip/studio recording were to ever exist.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Sherbet Head
lurkingrecords wrote:I'd give anything to hear Spiro off of the mixer mains from the Lighthouse gig.....if there was a way.....*drools*.....maybe a future release?

I really hope so.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada