80's City Hot Sountrack

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
For me it would definitely be track 7 from Warp10. The backwards singing sounds so ethereal.

Dayvan Cowboy
perhaps this is just a tease for the forthcoming bocset. maybe there is more where this came from?
or perhaps not.

Posts Quantity
dp wrote:perhaps this is just a tease for the forthcoming bocset. maybe there is more where this came from?
or perhaps not.

I think we all want this.

Eagle Minded
if so then boc are the biggest cockteasers ever
:lol:
i will gladly wait until the new album (and fingers crossed bocset) is out, i want to savour it all :twisted:
but i reckon warp will explode whenever new boc and afx are out.

Eagle Minded
Could someone provide me with a means for acquiring the alternate recordings from ATP?

Sherbet Head
Well something like this is going around SoulSeek :

Only one guy has these tracks named "alternate recordings" but I will see. So Slsk might be the way to go for those in desperate need..

Eagle Minded
Saakki wrote:Well something like this is going around SoulSeek :

Only one guy has these tracks named "alternate recordings" but I will see. So Slsk might be the way to go for those in desperate need..

So there are no recordings confirmed other than the ATP bootleg already widespread?

Eagle Minded
There are two recordings that exist.

1) The bootleg that has gone around
2) Someone posted a while ago ago their own personal recordings from the show, of ONLY Julie and Candy and ATP track 7. Dunno if files are still active, but I have them, if anyone wants.

The 'remaster attempt' is from that same linked thread i think, someone tried to combine the two recordings of track7.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Sherbet Head
lurkingrecords wrote:I'd give anything to hear Spiro off of the mixer mains from the Lighthouse gig.....if there was a way.....*drools*.....maybe a future release?

Man, I just have to comment on this track again, it's amazing. Chopped vocal rhythms are just awe-inspiring to me, there's something about them that I absolutely love. I bet they have a whole archive of Telephasic Workshop/Spiro type tracks...

Eagle Minded
radiateme wrote:Chopped vocal rhythms are just awe-inspiring...

indeed

audiotrack wrote:
radiateme wrote:Chopped vocal rhythms are just awe-inspiring...

indeed
Yeah definitely! For the same reason I also love 'ccec' by Autechre that much. Or 'qtio' by Brothomstates.

Chopped vocals? Om nom nom!

Dayvan Cowboy
does anyone have an mp3 of Spiro? is the only version available from the locked groove on Warp20? i`ve only heard it on YouTube.

Eagle Minded
dp wrote:does anyone have an mp3 of Spiro? is the only version available from the locked groove on Warp20? i`ve only heard it on YouTube.

Sort of - The unnamed 'track 3' from the Lighthouse gig has been dubbed Spiro because it contains the locked groove loop - though whether this is the official name of the live track is anyone's guess

The only official version is the locked groove on Warp20.

Eagle Minded
Locked groove loop?

Sherbet Head
Elephant Face wrote:Locked groove loop?

Ask yer dad.

Posts Quantity
Did anyone notice how the WARP20 locked groove for 'Spiro' was way faster than the live track for some reason? I mean, it's easy to tell which part of the song it came from....but I didn't think I heard any other locked grooves being sped up that much.
I'm curious if they've revamped it for a release....sort of like how the live '1969' was insanely downtempo compared to the Geogaddi release.
Paul White

Cloudhead Games

Eagle Minded
BunnyRabbit wrote:

Ask yer dad.

That would be akin to asking Hank Hill the same question, so I'm going to ask here again and hopefully someone can explain to me what this "locked groove loop" business is? Locked groove seems like a reference to vinyl?

EDIT: After reading Lurkingrecords post, I think I understand that it means a quantized beat used in different recordings/performances, but at different tempos. Am I way off?

Dayvan Cowboy
Elephant Face wrote:
BunnyRabbit wrote:

Ask yer dad.

That would be akin to asking Hank Hill the same question, so I'm going to ask here again and hopefully someone can explain to me what this "locked groove loop" business is? Locked groove seems like a reference to vinyl?

EDIT: After reading Lurkingrecords post, I think I understand that it means a quantized beat used in different recordings/performances, but at different tempos. Am I way off?

hey man, have a look here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked_gro ... l_grooving

Eagle Minded
bleak. wrote:
hey man, have a look here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked_gro ... l_grooving

Oh shit! I've been enlightened. Thanks, man.

Eagle Minded
Hey, was watching this video recently and I think I found out something about the video.

How many of you saw the Black Hexagon wander into the picture?

I think it might be a reference to invisible gorilla test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

IDK anyone else on my wavelength?
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada