*The Little Black Box Thread (plus other random twaddle)*

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
rick7487 wrote:Hey just opened the BoC site to see it for myself and the screen flashed white before it loaded. I've never had the site do that before, has anyone experienced the same thing? (Or am I just crazy)

It was probably the background image loading. If so, I got the same thing. No secret there, just the site downloading :P

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:A 'new' black entry just appeared on the Discography page... this feels familiar.....

GULP!!!

Glad you spotted this first Mexicola. Couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke. Oh and yes, GET IN You BASSA!!!! This is it lads n lassess. First of March ends with some good news - albeit no actual news other than a black hole void that sucks in light and energy and everyone on here is going to have a crafty peek at that saucy little black number several times a day. Some of you perverts are even going to whack one out during the night as well!!!
rED ORAnge YELLow grEEn blUe inDIGo violEt
ricHArd OF yorK GAvE baTTle in vAIn
ROYGBIV
Released! Oh Yes! Gonna Buy It Vinyl!
B&Q

Posts Quantity
Just found the thread from last time this happened:

http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

From what I can gather:

20/2/06 - Mysterious box appeared
16/3/06 - Official Warp announcement
29/5/06 - TCH EP released

Posts Quantity
Here I was on twoism thinking "oh here we go again, Im going to go on the "Boards of Canada" section and see nothing exiting, no news, just sadness." Now I think my mind just pooed a little.
I don't exist.

Sherbet Head
It's not the end of the wait
It's not even the beginning of the end of the wait.
But it's end of the beginning of the wait.

Happy Cycler
esselfortium wrote:
rick7487 wrote:Hey just opened the BoC site to see it for myself and the screen flashed white before it loaded. I've never had the site do that before, has anyone experienced the same thing? (Or am I just crazy)

It was probably the background image loading. If so, I got the same thing. No secret there, just the site downloading :P

Yeah I get the same thing too. I don't think it's anything special. I was hoping it would flash a subliminal message at me or something :lol: but it's just white.

Sherbet Head
HOLY FUCK I AM HYPERVENTALATING

[The insides of these brackets are filled with my celebration of new BoC music but I refuse to unleash them from outside the brackets until I see an album title and/or some cover art. The only thing I will let outside of this is a period so that the end of my statement is grammatically correct]. OK NEVERMIND I CAN'T HOLD IT, I AM SO EXCITED.

Happy Cycler
This is exciting, i am sure BOC fans are the only people in history to get THIS excited over some pixels. Nonetheless, really excited :D

Posts Quantity
Can't say I'm super-excited. Certainly can deny that I'm hyperventilating or anything like that. I guess I feel like I've been burned so many times (mostly by that guy at watmm, whatshisname and his little practical jokes), that I can't really even shake the feeling that this is some sort of mistake. Let's see what Warp says.

You know, why don't we get an advanced heads up about what's going on here? I mean, we're the loyal ones--why shouldn't we hear something a bit earlier than the rest of the world. I mean, I certainly think I'm entitled (yeah, I used that word--come at me, bro) to find out before those douchebags at Pitchfork. Alas, I'll probably hear about the details of any new releases from those hipster doofusses before I even get the announcement email from Warp.

Sherbet Head
I here by take back all negative things I have said with regards to the long wait/silence.

Signed,
Pantheon

Dayvan Cowboy
waiting for something more significant than the blank tile

Sherbet Head
...SO FRIGID I CAN'T EVEN FUCKING TYPE

Sherbet Head
I cant wait to even get just a wiff of all the new pr for this one.

Posts Quantity
apriorion wrote:I can't really even shake the feeling that this is some sort of mistake.
I mean yeah, of course, after years of this silence you'd think they would do more than just update the website with a blank box. But if you really think about it, the webmaster of the site had to specifically edit the flash file to include that extra box (unless its dynamic, in which case he still updated an xml file) and then upload those changes. that can not be a mistake, it was purposefully done, even if its not a new album or EP someone still asked someone else to make that change, for a reason. Also, they're using the same blank graphic (confirm?) that they used when this happened with TCH.

this shit is legit.

Sherbet Head

What if we get a 3 song EP?

Sherbet Head
2020k wrote:What if we get a 3 song EP?

It could be a 17 track EP with 1 second long tracks.

Also, is it just me or has the discography page music stopped playing?

Posts Quantity
radiateme wrote:Also, is it just me or has the discography page music stopped playing?

No, this happening to me also.. ?
I don't exist.

Boqurant
radiateme wrote:
2020k wrote:What if we get a 3 song EP?

It could be a 17 track EP with 1 second long tracks.

Also, is it just me or has the discography page music stopped playing?

Not just you, happening to me as well. I checked to see if maybe there's a new website track when you click the black box but nothing :P

Thought I'd not say anything though because I assumed it was just my computer

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada