Samplespotting: Sixtyten

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Wait, I'm a bit confused. So this is the sample that sounds like "what's haaaappening?!" But what about the one that sounds like "WATCHIT -iiiiiit'sallright"? Is that the "let's leave today" one? Or the "I know we can" one?

Dayvan Cowboy
The sample from "On Your Face" is the one that sounds like "what's happening" (2:01, 3:28 ) (vinyl being pulled backwards) and occasionally "keep a smiling" (2:27, 2:44) (same bit of vinyl just pushed forwards). That's the one I show in my MP3 sample there.

The sample from "Getaway" is the one that sounds like "I know we can" (2:18 ) - don't think that appears going backwards. That's been known for a while.

"Watchit" / "'it's alright" I don't know where they come from. Possibly the same record, but given how well worked into the rhythm they are, maybe not.

There's some other ones that only appear once or twice as well. ("you oughta know"?/"call me?" (3:10 ish), "weeee aaah?" (4:57) I've not bothered pinning down) which sound similar in tone to the other EW+F samples I'd put money on them coming from elsewhere on there. Basically, most if not all of the "vinyl" samples in this track are from the same Earth Wind and Fire album.

Posts Quantity
Oh, thanks a lot! You really know your Sixtyten, I'm quite amazed... : D

On the ATP version, the "one two three four"/"let's leave today" appears just in the middle of a "watchit"/"it's alright", so maybe it might still be related to that... it's a pretty awesome moment, by the way!

Sherbet Head
Fireal420 wrote:well, its nice to see that i am not the only person who thought they heard a voice saying get off of me, in sixtyten

I've been meaning to look into this for a very long time, as I couldn't figure out why the "get off of me" sample wasn't listed on BOC pages.

A little piece of mind was recovered today.

And a handshake to you MrMessiah.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada