Places: A Film by Nicole Cobb with Music by Yours Truly

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Hello everyone! Long time no see...

Been meaning to make a post for this project for a while now, and it looks like today is finally the day! This film project was shot in 2013 by my partner-in-time Nicole, and as it was being edited in 2016 I began contributing compositions & improvised jams that Nicole sowed into the Places universe to create what would become the soundtrack for the film. After a couple dozen intimate screenings throughout the states, France, and one in southern England held between 2016 and 2019, we fast forward to a few weeks ago when the obscure film was finally made available for public acquisition via the 'net!

Now that the film is available, I wanted to take a moment to share it with my preferred online community for enthusiasts of warped memories & subliminal sounds. Without giving too much away, here's a short synopsis in Nicole's words:

An impressionistic travelogue of consciousness,
a woman’s journey beyond her mind...

And to give you an idea of what you may hear in the compositions, the pieces were mainly constructed from acoustic improvisations, dictaphone recordings, DX7 melodies & a few cherished samples. Some sounds were then re-acoustified in the meadows & hills of Colorado, and some were metamorphosized through live performances on granulation tools & an Akai S5000 Sampler... So if manipulated echoes of sentiments/sounds are your thing, maybe this film/soundtrack will be up your alley!

You can learn more about the physical release at nicolecobb.com and more about the soundtrack at adecentman.bandcamp.com -- Below is a short trailer for the film in addition to a few images of the packaging:

Spoiler: show
phpBB [media]

If you're still reading, thanks so much for your attention! The 6 years of this project's creation have been frequently heady & sometimes intense times for Nicole and I, so it feels lovely to put this out to the world and finally move on. We send much love to y'all on Twoism. More new music from yours truly is on the horizon...
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Dayvan Cowboy
awesome

Posts Quantity
Be prepared! I'm oan got dis whin I get mah zzy check the 31st.

I will win the pick 3. 437. July 15th is 1975 :wink:
december of 2019 is 2005

It's gonna be a Christmas like you ever dreamed.

Posts Quantity
Techboy wrote:awesome

Xaugh wrote:Be prepared! I'm oan got dis whin I get mah zzy check the 31st.

I will win the pick 3. 437. July 15th is 1975 :wink:
december of 2019 is 2005

It's gonna be a Christmas like you ever dreamed.
:) ??
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Delighted with my copy. Congratulations Nicole and Mikey X

Xaugh - still taking the herbal fruit drops then I see?

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Thanks so much for supporting the project, Mexi & Techboy. We're honored that you're interested in the piece & chuffed that our brainchildren have found homes with y'all within the lovely United Kingdom.

Thanks for tuning in :)
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Return to This Random Sound