Invisible Threads

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Hello,

I worked on an album in the last couple of months using tape loops, degradation (both on tape and digital), lot of sampling and I would love to have your thoughts on it, as this is my most ambitious album (even though this is not perfect at all)

You can either listen to it on Spotify (or any other streaming service), YouTube or Bandcamp :

https://open.spotify.com/album/3kghGHQuzo5t45dKA50Kem
https://youtu.be/jkxkvBwURJk
https://projectnull0.bandcamp.com/album ... le-threads

Thank you very much for your listening :]

Eagle Minded
amazing. such an opressive atmosphere! esp. at the track that comes around 39 minutes, could feel it in my chest

Friendly Stranger
ah, thanks for the kinds words kakanara! glad you liked it

Happy Cycler
This track is very nice! That change around 4 minutes blew my mind.

Eagle Minded
Just saved it to my spotify list to give it a full listen later, from what I checked out it sounds really beautiful, love the tape decay and fluttery sounds

Friendly Stranger
mechanismj wrote:This track is very nice! That change around 4 minutes blew my mind.

Thank you! just curious, which track on the album are you talking about?

NTFMTS wrote:Just saved it to my spotify list to give it a full listen later, from what I checked out it sounds really beautiful, love the tape decay and fluttery sounds

I’m glad you saved it, excited to read your thoughts. Yeah, I spent quite a lot of time degrading some synth sounds, I had a good time doing it (even if it’s frustrating because it doesn’t always sounds good or the walkmans and tape recorders I used suddenly broke :shock: )

Happy Cycler
PROJECT NULL wrote:
mechanismj wrote:This track is very nice! That change around 4 minutes blew my mind.

Thank you! just curious, which track on the album are you talking about?

The only one that was available on bandcamp when I listened yesterday was Ainex '74. Looks like they are all free to listen to now.

Eagle Minded
There are some absolutely lush sounds abound the whole album, really nice textures with the tape loops. What did you use for the drums in the tracks?

Also my favorite track is for sure Berck-sur-Mer. It hits so well and it has this almost distant silent hill vibe underneath it. Cool stuff.

Friendly Stranger
thanks for the listening NTFMTS, really enjoyed it. I used a mix of real drums, sampled drums and self made recordings (such as a floppy disk, an old computer keyboard, printer, etc)

btw, i've just checked your instagram and really love what you do (the excerpt from "swedish folk song" you posted two days ago is amazing)

Eagle Minded
It was a perfect record whilst reading outside yesterday, will definitely be doing so often lol. And hey thank you for checking that out, thanks for the kind words!

Boqurant
Really nice Album dude!!
I really enjoyed it.
Friends, you owe it to yourself and your family to leave the congested city, and enjoy what nature intended you to enjoy.

Friendly Stranger
Like my upstairs neighbors I congratulate you on your music.
Superb atmosphere !

Merci beaucoup c'est très enveloppant et très reussi aussi .

Friendly Stranger
thank you very much for stopping by guys, really appreciated!

Return to This Random Sound