Thriftwicker Audio Society

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
kakanara wrote:ayy some of my favourites are back

Yeah, I took all the single tracks down when I switched over to the album format. The plan is to eventually get them all onto albums. Gonna slowly put some of them back up for the time being, so stay tuned.

Oh, also making them all name your price, for anyone who is into naming their own prices for things. Don't be afraid to think big, people! :wink:

Happy Cycler
Plopped a couple more m-oldies back on the bandcamp.

Stay tuned for VOLUME IV. Coming VERY SOON.

Happy Cycler
Happy Bandcamp Friday, fellow humanoids!

Thriftwicker Audio Society is DELIGHTED to present...

VOLUME IV - HOW TO LIVE A ZESTY LIFE

This album is tailor-made to help YOU live your best life. You will learn how to LAUGH, how to LOVE, and how to reasonably cut down on your SODIUM INTAKE.

Break the cycles of endless suffering! TODAY!

Smooches,
TAS

Happy Cycler
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals. Smooches.

Old Saint Sick

Eagle Minded
that was awesome hahaha hohoho

Dayvan Cowboy

A welcome return! Missed your comedic and surreal soundscapes mech!

This one sounds like a teaser for something upcoming. I'll keep my glazzies watching for July 1st. :D

Happy Cycler

Dayvan Cowboy
New Thriftwicker around the bend today? :wink:

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:New Thriftwicker around the bend today? :wink:

Indeed!

I'd like to introduce you all to my latest blend of mutant audio signals.
VOLUME V - PSALMS OF A CURDLING THRONG

Happy Cycler
That's right! It is still a new album in the technical sense! Muck In!

Dayvan Cowboy
I've been letting Volume V sink in these past few days, I want to write something cohesive about this hellscape! :P
It's a real joy to hear this in the rain, let me say.

1. Muck in.
Is this a sustained church organ running through the track? It's mixing makes me feel like I'm being buried, with the muffled chanting at the end. At least is sounds like chanting. An eerie start, I wasn't sitting anywhere when I started listening to the album, I was walking in the rain through town, so this review may interpret this volume to be darker than it was supposed to be.

2. He Who Mumbles
Now THIS is chanting, ritualistic even. The synth basis for it is quite skin-crawling, I've had the melody from that synth running rings around my brain. Good catch with the fuzzy wails in the last few seconds, which lead into....

3. The Pit
There is a man sniffing my head in reverse, what is he doing in my ears?! Must say the mixing and production on this volume is superb, immerse stuff, with a great pair of cans this one goes down a treat. The aquatic sound colliding with it's high pitched chimes are really disorientating. A lot going on but it gels together great.

4. Purgatory In A Septic Tank
This is like a wormhole full of dead souls. Absolutely chilling, more great mixing, this isn't audio, it's virtual reality! :D

5. The Brainwasher
An Ogre is grunting to himself while wringing out old tea towels in the sink. Hilarious imagery

6. A Sermon For Vermin
Fast and charging beat, what drum program is that main loop, whatever it is, I love it. A great atmosphere, I love the low notes contrasting the beat, hypnosis music!

7. The Joyous Praise of Porous Joyse
Skipping samples, harsh reverberated screams, it's a hectic finale. Transfer me into the insane asylum of your sounds Mech. Didn't notice the tape warble at first but with repeat listens, it fades out volume V nicely.

This is gold, maybe my judgement was clouded by the rain of first listen, but this is the most hellish journey I want to go on. What worldbuilding. This is utterly superb in every fashion, I can't wait to see what my lugs will think of the next volume! Cracking praise from me. 8)

Happy Cycler
You just made my day with this review, Orbited! Thank you so much for your auditory observations!

Happy Cycler
Welp, I did it. I've invented my own monthly holiday. I call it Thriftwicker Thursday. On the first Thursday of every month until January of 2084 I will upload a new volume of audibles to the bandcamp page...

Oh, right! That was today!

VOLUME VI - UNDER THE CIRCUIT TREE

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Welp, I did it. I've invented my own monthly holiday. I call it Thriftwicker Thursday. On the first Thursday of every month until January of 2084 I will upload a new volume of audibles to the bandcamp page...

VOLUME VI - UNDER THE CIRCUIT TREE

Fan-dabby-dozey! If I take this holiday leave, will I still receive my paycheck?
I'll play it today and offer my thoughts on this volume here later. Hoping some others will listen too, come on in, the waters lovely! :wink:

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
mechanismj wrote:Welp, I did it. I've invented my own monthly holiday. I call it Thriftwicker Thursday. On the first Thursday of every month until January of 2084 I will upload a new volume of audibles to the bandcamp page...

[url=<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandcamp.com/album/volume-vi-under-the-circuit-tree?from=feedfan-mayor_eelgrass]VOLUME" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>thriftwickeraudiosociety</span><span>.</span><span>bandcamp</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>album</span><span>/</span><span>volume</span><span>-</span><span>vi</span><span>-</span><span>under</span><span>-</span><span>the</span><span>-</span><span>circuit</span><span>-</span><span>tree</span><span>?</span><span>from</span><span>=</span><span>feedfan</span><span>-</span><span>mayor</span><span>_</span><span>eelgrass</span><span>]</span><span>VOLUME</span></a> VI - UNDER THE CIRCUIT TREE[/url]
[img]<a%20class="vglnk"%20target="_blank"%20href="https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a0080238287_4.jpg[/img][/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>f4</span><span>.</span><span>bcbits</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>img</span><span>/</span><span>a0080238287</span><span>_</span><span>4</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

Fan-dabby-dozey! If I take this holiday leave, will I still receive my paycheck?
I'll play it today and offer my thoughts on this volume here later. Hoping some others will listen too, come on in, the waters lovely! :wink:

Looking forward to it! Thank you for listening! Let me know if you are interested in download codes for any of the Thriftwicker volumes.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Looking forward to it! Thank you for listening! Let me know if you are interested in download codes for any of the Thriftwicker volumes.

Oh very much so, I would be interested in a download for this new volume if it isn't any trouble. Your sounds are always delectable to these ears, curdling throng is still giving me the musical chills.

Happy Cycler
It is October 6th. The first Thursday of the month. The second Thriftwicker Thursday overall.

VOLUME VII - SOMEWHERE BETWEEN TWO HOUSES

Thanks for listening!

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound