Now Playing:

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Spent a long while waiting for the right time to listen to this album, finally I played it and was not expecting how much astonishingly brilliant material is wrapped up in it's songs.

The question is....what sounds awaits the listener of a certain Mr. Buckley?

Tim Buckley - morning glory
phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Bent - irritating noises
phpBB [media]

Songs like this lull you into a hazy, deep almost subconscious state. An abnormal quirk of electronic music (if you could call it that.)
this hypnotic track is from the album "programmed to love"

Dayvan Cowboy
Phantogram - turn it off
phpBB [media]

Pounding drum beat combined with moody, dark, trip-hop electronics.
Phantogram are Sarah Barthel & Josh Carter, an indie duo making music subverted from the mainstream EDM scene. Pulsating nocturnal sounds! :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Never trust a book by its cover.

Take tindersticks' Can Our Love for example, where the album photo temps the listener into thinking something along the lines of “with artwork like that. I don’t know what to expect!"
A sneak peak into this gem of an album reveals brass and string sections, duet harmonies, organs and grooving basslines.
But wait.....You weren’t thinking that all those descriptions would come in the form of one song....were you?

Tindersticks - People keep comin' around
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

some proper acid

Dayvan Cowboy
Some classic Coldwave music to underscore the season. "Play Alone" and "First Days Of Winter" feature some beautiful BoC-esque backing droning synth-work. "La Tourmente" is another highlight of the album.
phpBB [media]
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Some Animals on Wheels

phpBB [media]
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
If I'd never of been recommended Les Claypool's Frog Brigade, I might not have discovered Primus. shock horror!

Feel the bass fill the space!!!

Primus - my name is mud
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:If I'd never of been recommended Les Claypool's Frog Brigade, I might not have discovered Primus. shock horror!

Feel the bass fill the space!!!

Primus - my name is mud

Hamburger Train!

I had the pleasure of seeing them live about five years ago and I don't know if it was the special smoke in the air ( :wink: )or the 100+ degree weather (pretty sure I was the only one in the audience with sleeves), but I remember going out of it towards the middle. Thankfully I regained full consciousness for the encore :D

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:Hamburger Train!

Ok, that one brings home the bacon (pun intended!)

rodox_head wrote:I had the pleasure of seeing them live about five years ago and I don't know if it was the special smoke in the air ( :wink: )or the 100+ degree weather (pretty sure I was the only one in the audience with sleeves), but I remember going out of it towards the middle. Thankfully I regained full consciousness for the encore :D

I heard they put on some of the best live performances in terms of crowd hype and musicianship so I think you've just confirmed that for me. :)

I ideally would like to see Les thrashing his bass guitar strings live someday.

"We are Primus and we suck!" :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I had the pleasure of seeing them live about five years ago and I don't know if it was the special smoke in the air ( :wink: )or the 100+ degree weather (pretty sure I was the only one in the audience with sleeves), but I remember going out of it towards the middle. Thankfully I regained full consciousness for the encore :D

I heard they put on some of the best live performances in terms of crowd hype and musicianship so I think you've just confirmed that for me. :)

If you need any more confirmation, during said encore Les stepped away to do hand shadow puppets against the stage then turned back around to say "Hey Larry you just missed me up on the big screen" :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Father John Misty - The Songwriter
phpBB [media]

Waiting for Joshua Tillman to release a single for Chloe and the Next Twentieth Century is nearly killing me, so I might as well catch up on his discography in the meantime.

Here I’ve been sinking into his most recent album called 'God’s Favorite Customer' Which has me feeling withdrawn and detached from whatever I’m doing, it tells me in the most sincere way to sit down and to spend time wallowing in the sounds of FJM.
This song in particular shot out above the rest, among the bustle of loud demanding instrumentation on this album, this one was quiet, melancholic and simple.
Anyone know any other tracks that grab you like this?

Seriously....drop the single already!

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:Hamburger Train!

Ok, that one brings home the bacon (pun intended!)

Just had to reply to this - back in College I had the luck of seeing them four years in a row as they like to play shows in Boston. Every single time was totally unique and pure awesome-ness. Some of the shows were wicked heavy, some of them very jammy and psychedelic. Had the privilege to secure some shrooms for their "3D" show which was both kind of horrifying and stunning. They jammed on Groundhog's Day and it turned into this really intense progressive trippy spectacle.

Also live they like to close out Mud with repeating the main riff like 20x more than in the song lol.
TLDR - If they come around, go see them live!

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded
ho ho ho coff coff coff

Dayvan Cowboy
Aphex Twin - #20 (Lichen)
phpBB [media]

The sun prepares to spray it’s rays over the glistening snow, a moment captured within the period before the rise.
The hazy morning will appear and cake the musical landscape with wistful reminiscence, a silence for the while, portrayed only by the last snowflake when it evaporates.
All is silent, once more. the day begins slowly.
How mournful be the eternal age before the morn rise.

Dayvan Cowboy
Mac DeMarco - preoccupied
phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
phpBB [media]

RDJ also uploaded a song called "Scorrier" which is the version with percussion.
Fly!

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound