OMERGHERD GUYS DAFT PUNK!!! (Random Access Memories)

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Crikey, sounds like someone hasn't "got lucky" for a while *whistles*

;)

Happy Cycler
2013: The year Daft Punk trolled the world and a lot of the world fell for it. :lol:

I mean, they even said it. They said ahead of time "Random Access Memories sucks."

Unlike TH though I've been able to avoid thinking about RAM. With TH I'm constantly thinking of how I'm going to do my re-EQ job and track sequencing since I'm thinking about making edit of the album into still a full length now as opposed to an EP, but down to 9 tracks like Twoism. I think one of the things to do (and was talking with other Twoismers about how cool it would be) is to make Gemini sound how it did on the stream when we first heard it: booming and menacing.

On topic though, I'm surprised this thread has gone on this long. People are still talking about RAM? Maybe it's because of the Grammys.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Boqurant
Crikey, sounds like someone hasn't "got lucky" for a while *whistles*

;)

Lol!

Eagle Minded
One of these days, I caught something. I always thought that Radiohead had created the saddest dance song ever: Idioteque, from Kid A. Of course, it was intentional: it was made to be sad and desperate.

But now, Daft Punk have outdone themselves and created the saddest dance song ever: Lose Yourself to Dance.

Except is sad for all the wrong reasons: slow, plodding, limp, hopeless. The endless repeating of the track title sounds like they're begging you to move; "come on, guys, we forgot how to make a dance song, so please! wiggle your body just a little bit!"
My music: ferniecanto.com.br
YouTube: youtube.com/user/FernieCanto
Bandcamp: ferniecanto.bandcamp.com

Latest album: "Builders of Worlds", released on February 2015: http://www.ferniecanto.com.br/bow/

Dayvan Cowboy
Leaping ahead to the present day, I must admit, this album sounds a lot better now than it probably did back then. I get people's reactions when it launched, but nowadays, the 'sad robot piano ballad' is a lot more relatable.

This album was a love letter to their influences. It was less sampled than their other works. There was a genuine sadness and depression to a lot of the tunes and a desperate attempt to stay modern while remaining themselves.

The epics are the best: Giorgio By Moroder, Touch, Motherboard and Contact and there's some electronic bits on these that make me think of BOC's grandeur.

This was basically a daft, but influencial group going for broke and burning up in the atmosphere. I would have loved to have seen what came next, but they clearly had nothing left to tell us.

RIP Bots
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
It has its moments without a doubt, but for me, nothing wll top the first three (yes, including Human After All) and Alive 2007.

Dayvan Cowboy
Samplehunter wrote:It has its moments without a doubt, but for me, nothing wll top the first three (yes, including Human After All) and Alive 2007.

I feel similar to BOC actually but TH and RAM have both won me over recently. A product of getting older and seeing the state of the world the way the ageing creators did.

I'm only happy BOC have the conviction to continue on where DP haven't. They released something the same year the bots self destructed. One can only wonder what would have been for the fifth DP album :)

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
Echelon wrote:
Samplehunter wrote:It has its moments without a doubt, but for me, nothing wll top the first three (yes, including Human After All) and Alive 2007.

I feel similar to BOC actually but TH and RAM have both won me over recently. A product of getting older and seeing the state of the world the way the ageing creators did.

I'm only happy BOC have the conviction to continue on where DP haven't. They released something the same year the bots self destructed. One can only wonder what would have been for the fifth DP album :)

Not talking about a studio release, but something like a "Random Access Memories Tour" (with live instruments) would have been interesting.

Dayvan Cowboy
Samplehunter wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Not talking about a studio release, but something like a "Random Access Memories Tour" (with live instruments) would have been interesting.

With Nile Rogers would be epic. He's the MVP of that album and I'm sure he would have killed it live. People complained about lack of energy on RAM but I bet if they unleashed the full Chic guitars it would have been a banger

Previous

Return to This Random Sound