Strange Soup/The Thrift Store Tape Discussion

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Saturn_Ascending wrote:
oakmoss&amber wrote:
Saturn_Ascending wrote:Morse code can be heard starting around the 13s mark and then ends almost at the 18s mark of this video. Was that ever decoded?

After 2 days, I finally know what the morse says:

"sea birds"

Oh wow! How'd you figure that out? Wonder what the significance of seabirds are to BoC. In the Eleven missing tracks video at the beginning of the beach scene you can see a black-headed seagull. In Happy Cycling you can hear one. Also a seagull in the Invocation video. Seeburdz tumblr page. Only they would know I suppose. Thanks oakmoss&amber.

To be honest, I spent much more time on this than I'd like to admit :roll:

I converted the video to mp3 and ran it through a morse code translator numerous times. I tried looking at the waveform but didn't see anything that stood out. Then again, I am by no means a professional when it comes to that so there may or may not be artifacts. I kept getting "SEE" non-stop and thought to myself, "Watch this be seeburdz or seabirds." I had no luck so turned to Reddit. It only took 36 hours for someone to finally respond.

Seeburdz Tumblr and the track with the surfing montage on it in Eleven Missing Tracks seem to be what this was nodding at. "G F = 7 6" having the seagulls at the beginning of the video and that being a prominent theme as well connects it even more. *scratches head*

dbz-22819 = 4226-VHS (not sure if this was mentioned)

Friendly Stranger
All so curious isn't it? We certainly are riding the wave. As I think more about this, it seems BoC are posing a question, rather than providing an answer, though the clues are there, if you can solve them. The medium is the message perhaps. It is the year of 6. When you add the sum of 2022. Take my hand. Just thinking out loud.
The Winds of Aquarius are upon you

Saturn_Ascending wrote:All so curious isn't it? We certainly are riding the wave. As I think more about this, it seems BoC are posing a question, rather than providing an answer, though the clues are there, if you can solve them. The medium is the message perhaps. It is the year of 6. When you add the sum of 2022. Take my hand. Just thinking out loud.

Out of curiosity, what makes you so sure this is BoC at work?

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
Saturn_Ascending wrote:All so curious isn't it? We certainly are riding the wave. As I think more about this, it seems BoC are posing a question, rather than providing an answer, though the clues are there, if you can solve them. The medium is the message perhaps. It is the year of 6. When you add the sum of 2022. Take my hand. Just thinking out loud.

Good question. Let me answer!
It's BoC because it is BoC. Listening to it, it just has to be early versions of stuff that fans have always wanted.

Now, I don't know Saturn Ascending too well, so I'll admit I want to think they are in on something, but I prefer to KNOW it's BoC.

Has there ever been a fake that sounded this much like it could be them?

Even the audio artifacts sound legitimate. There are melodic changes between the VHS tape and the version we've all heard on previously acknowledged old tunes. It sounds like works in progress.

What are you getting at Fredd-E? Thinking maybe Saturn knows something?
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Friendly Stranger
Sky and Trails wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Good question. Let me answer!
It's BoC because it is BoC. Listening to it, it just has to be early versions of stuff that fans have always wanted.

Now, I don't know Saturn Ascending too well, so I'll admit I want to think they are in on something, but I prefer to KNOW it's BoC.

Has there ever been a fake that sounded this much like it could be them?

Even the audio artifacts sound legitimate. There are melodic changes between the VHS tape and the version we've all heard on previously acknowledged old tunes. It sounds like works in progress.

What are you getting at Fredd-E? Thinking maybe Saturn knows something?

Suspend disbelief for a moment, and other's doubts that can influence you, and hear the music. What does your heart tell you? It comes down to a matter of personal belief. Thus BoC's question. Do you believe it is us? Are they here now watching these forums? Certainly! Ride the wave of uncertainty and doubt and finally come to a conclusion. The spirit of BoC is to think for one's self and be free.
The Winds of Aquarius are upon you

Eagle Minded
RIght on, man!
That's the perfect way to describe why those of us who believe, believe!

Also, some of those tunes are just spot on. If it's not BoC, then someone needs to give us more! If it is, cool cool.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Friendly Stranger
I’ve been renovating a house for the last few mnths and I still listen to the music every day. It’s great. There’s so much detail to the tracks, submerged voices, morse code. I’m still convinced it’s BOC.

Did anyone figure out whatever numerical code is hidden in the following paragraph:

5  MCMXIX  the selene spacecraft launches. jaxa has called the mission, quote the largest lunar mission since the Apollo program.quote. when I turned twenty years old, I was two years older than my brother. One day, I saw the band 311 play live. 

Friendly Stranger
when I turned twenty years old, I was two years older than my brother. One day, I saw the band 311 play live. 

20, 2, 18, 1, 311

Friendly Stranger
Just ran it through an online cipher, if you don’t include the 2 (A=1) it gives you “TRACK”

Also, maybe that tracklist doesn’t point to it being fake. These could be the original working titles for the tracks included? Just a thought…

Friendly Stranger
The first tumblr post contained the message missingtrack. See the last post on page 13.

Eagle Minded
Where did this paragraph come from? I must have either missed it or am thinking of something else entirely.

Boqurant
Was it not from the Tumblr?

Posts Quantity
Sky and Trails wrote:Where did this paragraph come from? I must have either missed it or am thinking of something else entirely.

Eagle Minded
oakmoss&amber wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:Where did this paragraph come from? I must have either missed it or am thinking of something else entirely.

im gonna start over on this lets see :}

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:
oakmoss&amber wrote:

im gonna start over on this lets see :}

While combing, make sure to keep this topic updated if there's any new finds!

Eagle Minded
Awesome! I don't know how I missed this!
This might be an odd question, but how much older is one of the BoC brothers than the other?

Friendly Stranger
There is still the matter of the date alluded to at the end of the dbz trail.

tvsg in numbers is 20 22 19 7 = 19th July 2022?

Probably not relevant but possibly maybe? Two brothers with a nostalgic tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgz9k46o7tI

Friendly Stranger
19th July is the date humans fist landed on the moon in 1969 (BoC have a tune called 1969)

It's also the 200th day of the year except on leap years

The plot thickens...

Friendly Stranger
200 days also leaves 165 days left in the year something to do with channel 165 perhaps?

I'm still not convinced that dbz/seebirds/4226 has anything to do with the original VHS tape although I hope so, both cases the tunes are extremely cool.

The original tape has an audio hiss and there is nothing to suggest it is not made the old school way where as 4226 may have just ripped the clouds visuals and put it to some music also took the name from the video length of the op shop tape.

Either way I hope they come back with more music

Friendly Stranger
MCMXIX translates to 1919 and then the 20+2 reference aswell as the apollo mention is quite a lot of a coincedence

I know it got decoded to missing track and also foreshadow but still deserves a mention.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound