Cult 48 - Catalog-1

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
So if Cult 48 was 80% Carbinax, who was the other 20%?

mondaffe wrote:So if Cult 48 was 80% Carbinax, who was the other 20%?

10% S.
10% E.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

10% S.
10% E.

0% X.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Boqurant
Orbited insanitarium wrote:This channel seems to be riffing slightly off Cult48. And admittedly, I rather like what's been put out so far. 8)

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Outerwack
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu5O8AOqoukygEfBDEi1bcg

Loads of new stuff on the channel since I last checked. Thanks for the heads up.

Boqurant
Apparently the Highland Park shooter liked/linked an Outerwack track and amateur sleuths on Discord are trying to see if there’s a connection. Sounds like conspiracy theory horseshit to me.

Boqurant
Is this Cult 48 v2?

https://youtu.be/tcqQKJHS-JQ

Dayvan Cowboy
mondaffe wrote:Apparently the Highland Park shooter liked/linked an Outerwack track and amateur sleuths on Discord are trying to see if there’s a connection. Sounds like conspiracy theory horseshit to me.

Honestly, a mad stretch. Unimpressed if someone has tied those two together.

mondaffe wrote:Is this Cult 48 v2?

https://youtu.be/tcqQKJHS-JQ

A few uploads already, interesting to see. (more new videos on Outerwack's channel as well.)

Boqurant
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Honestly, a mad stretch. Unimpressed if someone has tied those two together.

Yeah someone left a comment on one of the Outerwack YT videos with a Discord username. I thought it was part of the whole thing so decided to check it out. After being added to a private chat with 3 amateur sleuths it was apparent that it wasn’t part of it at all and they genuinely thought that because Crimo tweeted “I hear in Technicolor” it was a reference to “I wish I could see in Technicolor” and that “I’m leaving home to become a bird” was a metaphor for what he did.

Friendly Stranger
Sky and Trails wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
Fireal420 wrote:Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed that cult 48 recently deleted all of their video uploads on YouTube. If you do a search for Reddit Cult 48. You'll find that the main member of the group explains pretty much everything in regards to who cult 48 is, and the plans going forward.

It's best to read the statement here: https://carbinax.com/cult48/

Holy crap! I was browsing the site, carbinax.com and noticed something very familiar - 2ndMOUSE.
A long time ago I co-created a net label with a friend and one of the artists we had was 2ndMOUSE. Unless it's a different person, I just thought it was a nice coincidence.

It was a sad read, by the way, and I totally get it after reading it. I'm glad to know a little more to the story now.

Yep that was me, and I have good memories of SampleOak ( maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree if you're someone else entirely ).
I loved the backstory to the 2ndMOUSE name when I chose it, but grew tired of telling people it was nothing to do with "getting the cheese", and then when deadmau5 came along I had people accusing me of stealing his name, which was ridiculous. I grew to loathe the name and just ended up canning it, and became Carbinax, and then........my other persona which you now know about =)

Friendly Stranger
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Cor, You're not gonna believe this, and it's another bizarre mad coincidence but 2ndMouse actually used to frequent this forum.
I’ve definitely read his name before on here!

Had to laugh when I read this. That was me. I upset some of the locals iirc

Friendly Stranger
Also

Cult48 is here now -- https://cult48.bandcamp.com

New album in the next few months

Dayvan Cowboy
Phade Rhombus wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Cor, You're not gonna believe this, and it's another bizarre mad coincidence but 2ndMouse actually used to frequent this forum.
I’ve definitely read his name before on here!

Had to laugh when I read this. That was me. I upset some of the locals iirc

There's a new crowd, so stick around! (I do miss Mexi though)

Alas, just to blindly go ahead and ask, is Outerwack also a project of yours? There's been a lot of great boards stylised music about these past few years and I was just wondering. :} Gettin' it out in the open.

Best regards for the future of your music fella, from a casual but intrigued listener.

Friendly Stranger
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Alas, just to blindly go ahead and ask, is Outerwack also a project of yours? There's been a lot of great boards stylised music about these past few years and I was just wondering. :} Gettin' it out in the open.

Best regards for the future of your music fella, from a casual but intrigued listener.

No. Nothing to do with me. I hadn't heard of it until 30 minutes ago. I'm working on 4 albums simultaneously as it is. That's enough for me =)

Only a casual listener ? I aim to change that =)

Friendly Stranger

I won't reveal names. I've said I won't, and that remains the case.

What I will say, is that 1 of the 3 made none of the music whatsoever. I mean, not even a hi-hat. Nada.
They did the initial artwork ( some of which I liked ) , social media posts, and posting merch. They aren't a musician.

The other member made the videos ( again, some I liked ) and provided some skeletal 1 minute sketches that I then turned into 6 minute long, finished, fully mastered tracks. To be fair, they didn't have the time. I can do this all day, every day, which is why I ended up doing all the heavy lifting when it came to the actual music.

Friendly Stranger
[quote="Orbited insanitarium"]

There's a new crowd, so stick around! (I do miss Mexi though)

[/quote)

It's verrrry quiet round here, so I might not. I feel like Clint Eastwood walking into a town and I see a curtain twitch, and hear the sound of a vulture circling overhead, and the wind banging a shutter, as a tumbleweed meanders aimlessly down the street. Where is everyone ?

Dayvan Cowboy
Phade Rhombus wrote: It's verrrry quiet round here, so I might not. I feel like Clint Eastwood walking into a town and I see a curtain twitch, and hear the sound of a vulture circling overhead, and the wind banging a shutter, as a tumbleweed meanders aimlessly down the street. Where is everyone ?

Unfortunately this rootin' tootin' gunslinger agrees with you, yea twoism.org of the modern is quite slow. Sometimes I refer to it as the forum equivalent of the Reach For The Dead music video (as in it's like a desert. :wink:)

I don't think anyone is personally avoiding you, it's just one of them quiet periods. Heed these words though, they'll be here.

Friendly Stranger
phpBB [media]

:)

Previous

Return to This Random Sound