whitehorse

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:
portiss wrote:This is amazing stuff. Does anybody have any idea what is being said in the 10.40 song?

No clue but I'm glad you noticed something there because I swear to God I'm hearing vocals. I just can't make anything out.

I swear if you speed it up by double they are clearer but alas, no hablo.

There's a stuttering in one of the songs that reminds me of that shredding sound from Olson by BOC. I don't know why but Olson has me thinking of jets and airplanes (likely because of the slowed down 800% version on YouTube with an image of a jet or jets) and anything else that has that kind of sound makes me think of the same thing.

You're not insane mate. There are definite vocals. And Strings. plus a whole host of other elements as well.
It's difficult as well for me to be able to find anything verbally coherent out of these. I'm getting too lost in the mix! :lol:

Ps: welcome back online! Good to see you bringing a bit of life to these parts once again.

Eagle Minded
I have to admit, a little bit of a break was really nice, even if it was unintended as much as it was.

I wonder what the vocals are saying, if anything.
It would be so cool to find that there are words in there! And what would make it even cooler would be if those words addressed me or anyone else personally, by name. Real nightmare fuel, but in a good way :lol:
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Boqurant
Orbited insanitarium wrote:New thing I spotted.

Desfax edited the original post after I replied, so I wonder, can anyone see faint white text underneath the image reading "não há nada aqui pelo qual valha a pena morrer" ?

Translation from Spanish: "there is nothing here because it is worth dying."

I was checking to see if Desfax was on Discogs, because I still haven’t managed to hear any of this. After I was on Discogs I came back to re-read this thread

Now I didn’t find an artist called Desfax but there is a Discogs user called Desfax, who has their location as Spain.

If this is bordering on doxxing this isn’t my intention and I’m happy for this post to be deleted, but I’m genuinely curious about this project

Boqurant
Of course if I’d read a bit further before posting I would have seen Fredd-E’s correction that the text was in Portuguese…

Eagle Minded
Interesting!
Does anyone feel like 'desfax' is another way of saying "The Facts"?
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

New Seed
hi folks - new person around these parts, hopping in on this mystery
i work at a record store and a mystery LP came in with a used batch that has less information available on it than any i've ever seen. no matrix number, no nothing.
the center labels match the image posted here: viewtopic.php?p=306539#p306539 but that's absolutely it.
i presume this mystery has yet to be solved?

Eagle Minded
dabid wrote:hi folks - new person around these parts, hopping in on this mystery
i work at a record store and a mystery LP came in with a used batch that has less information available on it than any i've ever seen. no matrix number, no nothing.
the center labels match the image posted here: viewtopic.php?p=306539#p306539 but that's absolutely it.
i presume this mystery has yet to be solved?

Pictures of the record ?

Dayvan Cowboy
Don't know about this vinyl record you mention, but I can tell you through a chap on here called Sky and Trails that he told me (granted it's a while back now) that Desfax wasn't interesting in having the music signed to a major label or put out to the masses.

That could very well have changed since then, still..... :|

New Seed
i certainly think this is a DIY project however it does exist...
This is the cover - same image on front and back.
And yeah the center label is just exactly the image with the number that I mentioned in my previous post.

Dayvan Cowboy
dabid wrote:i certainly think this is a DIY project however it does exist...
This is the cover - same image on front and back.
And yeah the center label is just exactly the image with the number that I mentioned in my previous post.

This is certainly interesting to me.
(Just to note I've got in touch via PM with the man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Trails from above to see if he has any tidbits to add on this.)

Eagle Minded
:) Can you buy said record and upload it for us? Or let me know where to find one pls

New Seed
hexagonFox wrote::) Can you buy said record and upload it for us? Or let me know where to find one pls

i don't have the necessary setup to convert but i'd be happy to sell it on behalf of the shop to anyone interested.
i suppose make me an offer? i'd be happy knowing this community (apparently the only place on the internet that knows about this thing) has a copy. feel free to pm or e-mail.

Eagle Minded
damn, this is cool!
i have a little converter for phono to usb, but it's not very high quality. just one of those little built-in unit things.

I'd love to hear what is on it though. how much?

Eagle Minded
Dear Desfax & Community

I purchased this record and am currently listening to it now. It sounds beautiful.
Sun is on here and another track that I'm not familiar with.
At first glance the press looked weird, I figured that it would just be a nice mantle piece if anything.
But it's real... and its beautiful. 2 long tracks, Thank you Desfax if it is you who pressed this.
Nothing else worth noting, nothing in the sleeve, there is only the string of numbers around each side.

And now as I'm listening to this, and I'm going through all the old links.... they are all dead. Completely dead.
It seems as if the person (You Desfax, I'm talking about you) that already doesn't exist vanished even more so.

Who is this person(Desfax).
Why do I have (what seems to be) the only Desfax record in my house.

I have a feeling I can't really put into words right now.
Good feelings and bittersweet feelings.
I feel like my best friend just moved to anther galaxy
and because of the time difference we will never see each other again.

Please Advise.

Best HexagonFox

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagonFox wrote:Dear Desfax & Community

I purchased this record and am currently listening to it now. It sounds beautiful.
Sun is on here and another track that I'm not familiar with.
At first glance the press looked weird, I figured that it would just be a nice mantle piece if anything.
But it's real... and its beautiful. 2 long tracks, Thank you Desfax if it is you who pressed this.
Nothing else worth noting, nothing in the sleeve, there is only the string of numbers around each side.

And now as I'm listening to this, and I'm going through all the old links.... they are all dead. Completely dead.
It seems as if the person (You Desfax, I'm talking about you) that already doesn't exist vanished even more so.

Who is this person(Desfax).
Why do I have (what seems to be) the only Desfax record in my house.

I have a feeling I can't really put into words right now.
Good feelings and bittersweet feelings.
I feel like my best friend just moved to anther galaxy
and because of the time difference we will never see each other again.

Please Advise.

Best HexagonFox

I'm in a crazy little thing called awe right now (and a smidge of jealousy but mostly awe. :wink:)

Well done to that Fox there!

Eagle Minded
I am completely jealous, you lucky bastard! I wonder if they would let you upload the audio? Or even record a video of the vinyl playing.

Eagle Minded
I was wondering the same thing

Happy Cycler
Sky and Trails wrote:I am completely jealous, you lucky bastard! I wonder if they would let you upload the audio? Or even record a video of the vinyl playing.

Same. I have to hear that 18-minute track again! Been too long!

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:I am completely jealous, you lucky bastard! I wonder if they would let you upload the audio? Or even record a video of the vinyl playing.

Same. I have to hear that 18-minute track again! Been too long!

The piece is still live to listen to on the site! https://www.desfax.com/6F6365616E206265 ... 57274.html

Eagle Minded
Would crowd-funding a potential album or vinyl release of this stuff be worthwhile to anyone?
We could raise money, then to verify it's the actual artist, have them meet HexagonFox in person with some sort of proof or verification, then we hand them one of those oversized checks. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound