Kinotone Ribbons - Stereo Boards of Canada-esk guitar pedal

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I already pre-ordered one and am super excited. It's not a "Boards of Canada" copycat effect pedal, it's much more similar to a stereo tape degredation effect unit with ~tons~ of room for experimentation. I can't wait to put this in my my mixing chain! Figured folks on here would find this behemoth of a pedal interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tZHShFClUU&t=882s

Eagle Minded
Also to be clear, I don't mean to say that this pedal is a shortcut to making music that sounds like BoC. I just mean to showcase how dynamic and awesome this piece of tech is. I just want people to notice how crazy cool this equipment is!

Eagle Minded
Neat

Didnt they use some particular tape recorder that had a red overload light or something ??

edit : that pedal is really ugly what were they thinking

Eagle Minded
Huh? The pedal looks great! Plus it has several interactive LEDs that glow all sorts of colors depending on how you're operating it which is cool and very useful.

BoC has used tons of tape recorders and reel to reels. That's why I love the pedal, I can dial in some of those effects for certain vibes while making loops or recording bits of music

Eagle Minded
Im going to check it out I just think personally it looks ugly. I have plenty of good sounding ugly equipment though. I think maybe just the dorky typeface they layed over the retro pink color or something.

Eagle Minded
Actually yeah I do agree with that, and also yeah I have some useful ugly equipment as well lol. But since I've gotten the thing and been exploring it, I've realized it's one of the most powerful stereo pedal I've messed with. It has a four track looper, an incredible reverb that can be pre or post effects, and the compressor on it and maybe better than my compression rack unit.

Return to This Random Sound