Strange Soup/The Thrift Store Tape Discussion

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
That Jan Hammer Group track sounds like it’s really become part of BOC DNA. Very cool. I’d never heard Scorn before either

Boqurant
Oh there’s a track on there that’s from the Societas X Tape. Associations by Jasper Van’t Hof

karpeggi wrote:Huh... Have a look thru the playlist on the See Clip channel. quite good, and interestingly includes a song from the prohibited broadcasting channel. A channel that was involved with the catherine fell arg if I'm remembering right.

Searching for "Prohibited Broadcasting" leads to obfuscated and deleted results often, but on Reddit there are still some timelines to be found about the Catherine Fell hoax of which PB was part.

https://old.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... rk_as_fans

08/08/2020 (YouTube) Catherine Fell creates YouTube profile. Nothing yet added.
08/17/2020 (Clyp.it) New User “Catherine Fell” uploads a 66 second audio file “The Fortunate Sons”.
08/19/2020 (YouTube) New User “Prohibited Broadcasting” adds video Birdycholae.
08/21/2020 New User Catherine Fell adds video ID ABC
08/23/2020 New User “Lady at the Pier” creates YouTube account.
New User Lady at the Pier adds video ID SOME FOLKS
08/23/2020 Lady at the Pier comments in Catherine Fell ID ABC video.
08/23/2020 Catherine Fells comments confirm 14 minutes later.
Lady at the Pier video description code leads to (#3) “Prohibited Broadcasting” video Birdycholae. The video description code also leads to eight different Google Image thumbnails which all link back to the ID SOME FOLKS video.
Google Image search Birdycholae also leads to eight different Google Image thumbnails which all link back to the Birdycholae video.

Interestingly the PB song has been deleted from the sxt-derived SeeClip playlist in the last 24 hours. I guess that song wasn't supposed to be there in the first place because of the creator's ties with hoaxes in the past. :-) Make of that what you will.

PS: Zephyr Method / ImpressivePicture / Station 22.7 / Prohibited Broadcasting / ... how many more aliases does one need to keep a mystery going?

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:Interestingly the PB song has been deleted from the sxt-derived SeeClip playlist in the last 24 hours. I guess that song wasn't supposed to be there in the first place because of the creator's ties with hoaxes in the past. :-) Make of that what you will.

PS: Zephyr Method / ImpressivePicture / Station 22.7 / Prohibited Broadcasting / ... how many more aliases does one need to keep a mystery going?

Interesting mentions Fredd-E. Now I am seeing some connections between some of the pentagrams of discordia videos and clips we have recently been getting. I thought this was Cult48 last year but I have point blank asked Chris and he said it was not him. Wasn't there another member that broke away? I wonder...

How confusing.. Curious if they intended this on being a lost boc tape considering how similar it is to the Catherine Fell hoax where the fans basically interpreted that on their own. The music is good, and ARGs are fun which is why I have stuck around, but I am under the impression this may be leading in a direction that is going to upset a lot of people.

Frindia wrote:Interesting mentions Fredd-E. Now I am seeing some connections between some of the pentagrams of discordia videos and clips we have recently been getting. I thought this was Cult48 last year but I have point blank asked Chris and he said it was not him. Wasn't there another member that broke away? I wonder...

How confusing.. Curious if they intended this on being a lost boc tape considering how similar it is to the Catherine Fell hoax where the fans basically interpreted that on their own. The music is good, and ARGs are fun which is why I have stuck around, but I am under the impression this may be leading in a direction that is going to upset a lot of people.

Point blank asking Chris won't yield an honest result if he is actually part of the scheme. He obviously won't ruin it, right? :)

What direction that is going to upset a lot of people do you have in mind?

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:What direction that is going to upset a lot of people do you have in mind?

That this is indeed not boc and using certain boc tracks to lead folks in to a particular direction

Frindia wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:What direction that is going to upset a lot of people do you have in mind?

That this is indeed not boc and using certain boc tracks to lead folks in to a particular direction

Well at least it's not a first so that might dampen the outcry

Boqurant
Fredd-E wrote:
Frindia wrote:

Well at least it's not a first so that might dampen the outcry

There only seems to be about 4-5 people who think that these uploads are BOC, so the outcry will be barely negligible

Boqurant
That playlist’s been updated with quite a bit of new music

Posts Quantity
Electronaldmcdonald2 wrote:That playlist’s been updated with quite a bit of new music
There seems to be many sources or alias’. Can you provide a link to the playlist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember witnessing the last great cataclysm.

Boqurant
Brendan Standing Alone wrote:
Electronaldmcdonald2 wrote:That playlist’s been updated with quite a bit of new music
There seems to be many sources or alias’. Can you provide a link to the playlist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/D2GWBLIcoA0?si=5NkHTaokn7Mr7nar

Sherbet Head
Think about it.. How actually deranged do you need to be to literally pretend to be in a band you aren't in.

This is actually delusional

Friendly Stranger
Pentagramsof Discordia is AFAIK ex-Cult48, but not Carbinax.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Boqurant
luminousdusk wrote:Think about it.. How actually deranged do you need to be to literally pretend to be in a band you aren't in.

It would be absolutely ruinous to their reputation. To have put this much effort into cosplaying as BOC.
Also, if I was either Mike or Marcus and I saw someone putting out music designed to sound like a simulacra of early work just to fool people I would absolutely have to say something.

Electronaldmcdonald2 wrote:
luminousdusk wrote:Think about it.. How actually deranged do you need to be to literally pretend to be in a band you aren't in.

It would be absolutely ruinous to their reputation. To have put this much effort into cosplaying as BOC.
Also, if I was either Mike or Marcus and I saw someone putting out music designed to sound like a simulacra of early work just to fool people I would absolutely have to say something.

Throughout the years Mike and Marcus (as MDG) only reacted when their actual name was abused on a commercial platform. For instance the Chameleon song that was being sold on iTunes as BoC.
The music released in the ARGs since 2022 don’t abuse their name. They don’t claim to be BoC, they just try and come across as them and convince hungry and gullible fans into believing it’s them. Me? I rather wait for LP5 and a potential bocset being announced by Warp. Obviously Warp and BoC have interest in releasing old tunes in a neat package. That has been said numerous times in the past.

And about this eclipse arg? Just enjoy it for what it is but don’t try to make more of it.

Posts Quantity
Found this

https://www.tumblr.com/skollnhati24/746578176948518912/2-3-10-4-10-10-7-2-9-9-1-2

deciphered to entercumulus

don't know what it means

Boqurant
Frindia wrote:Found this

https://www.tumblr.com/skollnhati24/746578176948518912/2-3-10-4-10-10-7-2-9-9-1-2

deciphered to entercumulus

don't know what it means

Enter… Cum… Cumulus… good god man, they’re trying to bum the clouds. Someone needs to stop them

Dayvan Cowboy
Saucy.

Dayvan Cowboy
Electronaldmcdonald2 wrote:Enter… Cum… Cumulus… good god man, they’re trying to bum the clouds. Someone needs to stop them

I read this out in the voice of Alan Partridge. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound