Discussions related to music in general.
Post a reply

Whine On Twoism II: It's A Whole 'Nother Year

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:54 pm

Well, as this year comes to a close, it's that time again― the time to make a compilation of screwed up Christmas tunes for the enjoyment of everybody here at Twoism. Jango9 has passed the honours of running 2016's Whine on Twoism to me, but the same rules as last year's Whine on Twoism apply here.

If you weren't around at that point or need a refresher, here's the basics: you can contribute up to 3 tracks, each of which can sound like whatever you'd like as long as they fit into the psychedelic/screwed up Christmas music theme. Just as last year, this album will be released for free, so sampling is fine just as long as you're not stepping on anyone else's toes by doing so. Collaborations are great, but do PM the tracks to me rather than posting them in the thread. This way, no one else will know what to expect.

Since it would be pretty ridiculous to ask you all to make everything in two days, it'll be released on the 31st― so as long as you get your tracks to me on the 30th or before, we should be fine. And just like last year, I'll make a post about a day before the compiling happens as a reminder.

Good luck to everybody, and merry Christmas!

Re: Whine On Twoism II: It's A Whole 'Nother Year

Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Wait this is a thing? Better start working on something now.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Submitted mine. Spent today playing old records and sampling them. Can't wait to hear the full compilation!

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:42 am

I forgot to mention that while .mp3s are fine, I'd prefer you send .wav's or .flac's if at all possible. If you can only send .mp3, no sweat― but it's always great to have that extra bit of quality at all possible.

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:15 pm

might whip something up

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:03 am

Just as a heads up, I'm extending the deadline by a week to January 6, since I don't think there's enough time for the rest of the tracks to be finished this year otherwise. We'll just pretend it was a Christmas album ;)

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Cosmic Manta wrote:Just as a heads up, I'm extending the deadline by a week to January 6, since I don't think there's enough time for the rest of the tracks to be finished this year otherwise. We'll just pretend it was a Christmas album ;)

Phew.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:53 am

Considering how quickly the 6th came up, we may as well extend it for the entire month of January. Christmas/New Years' album, anyone?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:19 pm

submitted

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:41 am

Still waiting for this :)
Post a reply